SpiritSpeaker
    SpiritSpeaker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 352

Soccer Betting Project 2013: Starting from 1500EUR

Hello, sbrforum!

I have been following this forum for a while now and I have found this to be a very useful source of information. To be honest, I´m probably not a very good sports bettor, but I am aiming to improve by using this thread to track my winnings and losses. Last autumn I probably broke even with my bets but let´s see, hopefully this spring will be a profitable one.

My bets will mostly be from Barclays Premier League as it is the league that I follow the most. I have also picked some matches from Italian Serie A, Serie B and UEFA Champions League. Rarely from La Liga (I´m pretty clueless of this league).

1 unit will represent a bet of 50eur. Lets get this started:

Double:
    QPR vs Tottenham over 1.5 (1.22)
    Stoke vs Chelsea over 1.5 (1.35)
    2 units

Treble:
    Everton vs Swans over 1.5 (1.20)
    Fulham vs Wigan over 1.5 (1.22)
    ManUtd vs Liverpool over 1.5 (1.17)
    2 units

Singles:

Fulham - Wigan DNB 1 (1.51) 1 unit
    Villa - Southampton DNB 2 (2.18) 1 unit
    Everton - Swans DNB 2 (4,9) 1 unit

Good luck everyone, may today be a profitable betting day for all of us

JKD
    JKD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

First off good luck man, I'll follow with interest how you do.

Don't just use his thread to track how you're doing though, make a spreadsheet and always make sure you put everything on there. It's SO important you have an accurate record imo, you need it in black and white cuz you will end up bullshitting yourself otherwise. It's also useful to know what kind of bets you're getting good or bad returns on etc.

SpiritSpeaker

Quote Originally Posted by JKD View Post
    First off good luck man, I'll follow with interest how you do.

Don't just use his thread to track how you're doing though, make a spreadsheet and always make sure you put everything on there. It's SO important you have an accurate record imo, you need it in black and white cuz you will end up bullshitting yourself otherwise. It's also useful to know what kind of bets you're getting good or bad returns on etc.
    Thank you, JKD!

My first double already missed as QPR - Spurs ended 0-0. I´m probably going to make some live bets today as well, but lets see.

I´m surely going against the majority of bettors with my pick of Swansea today, but I just found the odds irresistible. In my opinion, Everton is the team that has been overachieving the most in the whole league during autumn. I´m expecting them to fall apart at some point of the spring so I think I´m going to bet against them in the future as well, especially if I find as juicy opportunities as today. It´s true that Swans have a lot of going on in Cup games at the moment, but for me 4.9 Draw No Bet is just too good to turn down.

SpiritSpeaker

Put in a live bet over 1.5 Stoke - Chelsea at 1.39, 2 units, 55mins played.

SpiritSpeaker

Today i got Udinese - Fiorentina DNB 1 (2.12) 1 unit. Udinese have gotten back on track after a difficult start to the season. Fiorentina are missing a key playmaker Pizarro. They offer over 3.00 for straight home win in various places, but i prefer to play as a DNB just in case.

Massive games in Premier League today. I´m still undecided on United v Liverpool though: I think ManUtd´s odds are a bit too low to play at the moment. I will probably wait until the match starts and watch how the game flows. I am expecting United to win today but with current odds its probably not worth it.

Arsenal v City: This one could go either way. I still think that home advantage and the fact that Yaya Toure is in the Africa will give Arsenal a slight edge here. In recent history these games have been very tight affairs and surely will be today as well. I have recently noticed that the previous match between the sides in the league ( City 1 - Arsenal 1 in autumn) could be a good indicator of how things will turn out in the second match. Given that Arsenal managed to draw away from home, I think the odds are good enough to back Gunners to win today. Arsenal DNB (1.92) 1 unit is my bet in this one.
    Last edited by SpiritSpeaker; 01-13-13 at 02:54 AM.

SpiritSpeaker

After hard thinking, I decided to bet 1 unit for ManUtd (2.00). United´s odds have been on the raise since morning and I was waiting until it hits 2, once it did I decided to take it. My personal opinion is that the probabilites of the match outcome are something like United slightly over 50%, maybe 52-55%, draw around 30-33% and the rest is for Pool. I´ve been trying to examine Catania - Roma as well, put I just can´t make my mind about it. Catania are a decent home side and Roma are incredibly hard to predict away from home (they have record of 5-0-5) this season. If only Catania had a bit higher odds I would take it. So far I´ve found 2.3 for DNB, pretty close call, I will probably just pass it, cause I´m afraid that Roma will bounce back from their 4-1 loss at Napoli.

SpiritSpeaker

Haha, whatever, I bet 1 unit for Catania DNB (2.34). Thats it for today´s pre-match bets. Again, I might make some live bets in the Premier League games as I´m probably going to watch them both. Good luck, fellow bettors!

JKD
    JKD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

How did you end up from yesterday's games mate?

And yeah, Man U are really good value @evens. I find it hard to see Liverpool getting anything out of the game unless someone gets sent off or something like that. United are finally starting to hit their stride atm

SpiritSpeaker

Quote Originally Posted by JKD View Post
    How did you end up from yesterday's games mate?

And yeah, Man U are really good value @evens. I find it hard to see Liverpool getting anything out of the game unless someone gets sent off or something like that. United are finally starting to hit their stride atm
    I will check results later today, I think it was pretty exactly a breakeven day though. I bet another unit on United (2.1) Good luck, JKD! Can´t wait to get this betting day started

SpiritSpeaker

Just a quick update: Got off to a winning start to the year, my current betting account balance now stands at 1652EUR and I have already placed a 1 unit bet for the weekend: Liverpool - Norwich DNB 2 (9.6), yes, you read correctly (9.6).

I dont think I´m making any bets before weekend so until then, good luck everyone!

bolek
    bolek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

What's so special about dnb if it's a tie ur bet is a push better to take +1 or +0.5 atleast a tie is a win with ml and the +1 you can get a push with one goal loss but gl

SpiritSpeaker

Quote Originally Posted by bolek View Post
    What's so special about dnb if it's a tie ur bet is a push better to take +1 or +0.5 atleast a tie is a win with ml and the +1 you can get a push with one goal loss but gl
    Hey, thanks for a comment! I really should get familiar with this asian handicap thing, to be honest, I don´t even exactly know how it works. Can you recommend some good articles concerning the subject?

Here are my Premier League picks for the weekend. All bets are 1 unit bets. Last weekend was a good one, hopefully the same run will continue.

Wigan - Sunderland DNB 2 (2.80)
    Chelsea - Arsenal DNB 2 (3.05)
    West Ham - QPR DNB 2 (2.7)

and the one mentioned in an earlier post:
    Liverpool - Norwich DNB 2 (9.6)

So I´m looking for nicely priced away wins this round. I will probably add some Serie A matches tomorrow, but I haven´t had time to look at them closely enough yet. Have a nice weekend everyone and may your bets bring you great profit

SpiritSpeaker

I added a 2 unit bet:

Treble:
    City - Fulham over 1.5 (1.14)
    Newcastle - Reading over 1.5 (1.22)
    Tottenham - ManU over 1.5 (1.2)

SpiritSpeaker

One more:

1 unit double:

Palermo - Lazio 2
    Tottenham - ManUtd 2

GL!

SpiritSpeaker

Hey, guys! Sorry for not updating for a long time. I´ve just been very busy lately (and yes, a bit too lazy to write about my bets). Anyway, I quite happy with my results so far, my betting balance currently stands at 1760EUR so 260EUR profit so far. I had a 4 unit bet on ManUtd to win against Southampton and luckily United managed to survive the second half onslaught. A horrible second half performance by ManUtd.

I will be making some Premier League bets for the weekend. I´ll let you know when I´ve decided my picks. Also, Super Bowl coming up on Sunday night (at least in my country´s time zone). Any tips for that one?

Best of luck everyone and enjoy your weekends!

SpiritSpeaker

Everton - Villa DNB 2 (7.6) 1 unit
    Wigan - Southampton DNB 2 (2.54) 1 unit

maybe to more to come

SpiritSpeaker

VILLA lead 1-0 COME ON!

SpiritSpeaker

My bookie has a cash out option during game so I used that with Eveton - Villa for a profit of a little bit over 3 units. Now lets hope that Saints turn the game around. Thinking about Fulham - ManUtd bet now, feeling a bit inclined for under 2.5.