lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Monday: Reading vs Arsenal

Reading has won 1 game all season, and it was at home. Arsenal currently -150 on the ML

what's the play SBr experts?

andy888888
    andy888888's Avatar Become A Pro!

arsenal back to winning ways, but reading are a physical side which arsenal won't enjoy playing against as they found out against bradford the other day, im thinking u2.5 goals because i think arsenal still lack firepower upfront but you never know what you are going to get with reading, they are more than capable of scoring and taking an early lead as they have done for most of the season only to end up losing.

another thing to note is that there has been reported unrest amongst some of the senior members at arsenal such as podolski and cazorla criticising arsene wengers tactics. best thing to do at this stage is to wait in play and look at the flow of play before making a final judgement

Boxing Champ
    Boxing Champ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by andy888888 View Post
    arsenal back to winning ways, but reading are a physical side which arsenal won't enjoy playing against as they found out against bradford the other day, im thinking u2.5 goals because i think arsenal still lack firepower upfront but you never know what you are going to get with reading, they are more than capable of scoring and taking an early lead as they have done for most of the season only to end up losing.

another thing to note is that there has been reported unrest amongst some of the senior members at arsenal such as podolski and cazorla criticising arsene wengers tactics. best thing to do at this stage is to wait in play and look at the flow of play before making a final judgement
    They have a legitimate right to complain..It's obvious..
    Arsen Wenger is hurting Arsenal just because he wants to prove to everyone that he is right.
    When in fact he is wrong. He has all the upfront players playing in wrong positions.
    Read this article:
    Arsenal Downfall – Leadership, Squad Depth, Inconsistent Form, Blind Faith

By Sounak Mukherjee on December 12, 2012 | 3 Comments
    After having won just ten games out of a possible 25 in all tournaments, Arsenal are possibly having their worst season in two decades. Even with the injection of some top class players, the Gunners have failed to produce the goods on a consistent basis. What might be the reasons for the downfall?Players Being Repeatedly Played Out Of Position

ACN, where art thou?
    Call it plain obduracy or blind faith in one’s own abilities, Wenger keeps on believing that he is capable of molding any player to play in a position he wants him to play. He managed to make a fantastic striker out of Thierry Henry who was a natural winger during his Monaco days, but that doesn’t mean that he can use Thierry’s case as a perennial blueprint for any player with International pedigree. Lukas Podolski, a brilliant player in his day, is a natural Center Forward, one who likes to play just behind the main striker; he is not an attacking left winger. Gervinho is more of a left winger who can cut inside and shoot wide or cross wide from the left wing, but he is never going to be a center forward because his finishing is comparable to a 60 year old man with Parkinson’s disease. Finally, Aaron Ramsey, being played on the right wing is a lesser mystery than him being played at all in an Arsenal jersey. From the evidence on the pitch, one can sadly assume Ryan Shawcross decimated the footballer inside him in that dark day at The Britannia two years back.Lack Of Squad Depth

From where to where!
    At the beginning of the season, if one looked at the Arsenal squad, they could safely assume that this team had a decent squad depth. But, looking at how things have unfolded over the course of the season, it is clear Arsenal lacks squad depth. The most important position which Arsenal neversuffered over the years is the striker slot. From Ian Smith to Ian Wright, Thierry Henry to Dennis Bergkamp, Adebayor to Robin van Persie, the club always had strikers in abundance who were natural finishers and were capable of winning games on their own.At this moment, the club has just one recognized striker. Compare that to Manchester United – the manager struggles to keep all four strikers (Chicharito, Rooney, van Persie and Wellbeck) happy with enough playing time; all being top-class strikers. Being blind to such an obvious issue is either another case of stubbornness from the manager’s side or clearly an order from the board so that they can make some more profits every season.Lack Of Leadership And Inconsistent Form

Over the entire Arsenal reign, the club always had captains who would lead from the front; the captain’s arm-band was worn by players like Tony Adams, Patrick Vieira, Thierry Henry, Cesc Fabregas and Robin van Persie. All these players were an apostle of inspiration for everybody in the club. They led from the front even if all of them weren’t equally eloquent.Thomas Vermaelen completely lacks that quality, he is very inconsistent, makes costly mistakes too often and never makes that difference on the field which will make opponents stand up and take notice. Since the Belgian has signed a new contract and wants to stay with the club for many years to come, he really needs to step up his game and become an example for other players to follow.Lack Of Penetration, Desire And A Plan B

If a team playing Arsenal sits back and defends deep, there is no way Arsenal can cut open the team with a more ragged approach or even a possible Plan B. It is often seen that the players keep on dilly-dallying around with no intention of making things happen. Apart from Jack Wilshere and Santi Cazorla, nobody wants to take the responsibility, to make the difference between winning and losing. Most of the players just take on the field, do their usual stuff, collect their salaries and go to their posh London home. It is quite debatable as to what might be the reason for this change in attitude – Is it the board who cares less about silverware and more about profits? Or is it an owner who doesn’t understand football? Or is it simply the manager who just can’t inspire his players anymore?No Natural Width And A Strange Blind Faith

If one scans through the entire Arsenal squad, one will find just a single ‘proper’ winger – Theo Walcott, a player who won’t be seen in an Arsenal jersey next summer or maybe even after the January transfer window opens. Players like Arshavin, Gervinho, Podolski, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Ramsey are not proper wingers by any stretch of imagination. They have been asked to play in the wings to accommodate players in a 4-3-3 system, which the manager loves to play. Out of these players, the only player who can deliver telling crosses is the diminutive Russian, but for some strange reason, he is always a less preferred choice even if Gervinho and Ramsey keep on embarrassing the Arsenal global representation. Moreover, Gervinho, who has the composure of a cranky old cat with labor pain and Aaron Ramsey, never try to justify the faith their manager has on them. It just makes life more and more difficult for both parties living under the detrimental blame-game environment all the time.It doesn’t need a degree in Economics to understand how to solve obvious issues at a club, but, first, one needs to “accept” the shortcomings. If you don’t accept you are not good enough, you’ll never improve. Arsenal fans, leaving aside the ‘Keep The Faith’ trolls, are standing on the edge, with substantial apprehension and hoping for a drastic change in scene, in whatever way it comes.

Boxing Champ

Tomorrow's game will depend a lot on tomorrow's lineup, positioning and weather or not Arsenal has any pride left.
    After that embarasement they produced during their loss to 2nd league Team..a complete disaster..
    If they have any pride left, they will come out swinging tomorrow, because if they lose to Reading after that awefull showing last week..It will cause a war with loyal Arsenal fans. I HATE Gervinho. i can not stand that imbesile. They have a great description for him in the above article..

If they keep the same positioning they had in the last game..I'm playing reading +.5
    If they put all upfront players where they belong, not where Arsen wants them Arsenal will win.
    In any case I think i will most likely play Over 2.5
    Oh yeah almost forgot..Theo Walcot is Arsenal's spade.
    for some reason no one other than him seems to be able to step up and be a leader on the field.
    Tomorrow i will make my pick before the game..
    Last edited by Boxing Champ; 12-16-12 at 09:08 PM.

bolek
    bolek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

Hey bud It might end 2-0 arsenal which I think does so your over would be dead + your 0.5 take that into consideration when making a bet I myself don't know what I will play.
    Gl

Boxing Champ

I have not decided on what i'm gonna play yet.. i will decide tomorrow before the game.
    have you seen their last game a month ago?? it was a Capital One Cup game..
    One of the best games ever.. 6-5 Arsenal..
    Arsenal was down 4-0 at halftime..
    But Theo Walcot and Arshavin were playing for Arsenal and
    Pograbniak and Roberts for Reading..
    None of these 4 will play tomorrow, but the good news is Gervinho(ass-wipe) will not start because
    Giroud will return to a center striker role from injury.

bolek

Podolski might have a good game thou I don't know might play arsenal ml with betis as an underdog.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

I think Arsenal should win. Hopefully Rosicky gets a start as both Arteta and Carzola looks jaded while Ramsey is shit.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

reading the worst team in the league and will be relegated when the season ends, arsenal a complete mess, happy gambling boys.

small lean to the over myself.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Walcott in our out? That is a big question IMO. Have seen projections with him out, but nothing official.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I like the under 3, personally.

dkthrilla33
    dkthrilla33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
    I like the under 3, personally.
    why do u like the unders puck? there was a shit ton of goals last game

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

Arsenal is certainly not a team you can rely on to hit the over regularly, particularly in away games. Also Reading at home is not a defensive force to be ignored. I expect a 1-0 / 2-0 / 1-1 type of game, but with the play at 3, I am okay risking the push.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

Further, Arsenal on the road is 6-1 on the *UNDER* and when they are a road favorite they are 1-1-2. Only 37.5% of Arsenal games have had 3 or more goals in them, where 62.5% of their games have had 2 or less.

It Reading comes to play, I expect a 1-1 draw scenario, if they don't...probably a 1-0 / 2-0 victory for Arsenal.

bleedtoledo
    bleedtoledo's Avatar Become A Pro!

I read that Walcott will be in the starting 11

Boxing Champ

Quote Originally Posted by bleedtoledo View Post
    I read that Walcott will be in the starting 11
    Can you post a link to that article?

Boxing Champ

LINUP is OUT..
    Theo is IN!!!!!
    Gervinho is OUT!!!!!
    Tall ass Pogrebniak is IN!!!!

I'm liking the Over!!! 2.5

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Reading have lost 5 in a row including a 3-0 drubbing by Sunderland last round. They are not good enough for this division and almost certain for the drop.

Arsenal are not the same force they once were, but they still play football and have some quality players Arsenal -1 @ even is play for me. 2-0 or 3-1 and Reading sack Brian McDermott soon.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

man, need reading to wake up badly here...

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Ughhh i knew playing the under was a bad idea... Always go with your gut

riffraff24

Was gonna just play arsenal too. Never read SBR posts until after you place your bets

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Reading manager getting sacked tomorrow

Boxing Champ

Theo..is the HUGE difference the way Arsenal plays..
    CASH that OVER in the first half.(For those who actually listened)

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below

Damn, this is a brutal beat-down. I took Arsenal -2 at 1-0 for +135...i'll take that to cover my loss on the under.

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
    Damn, this is a brutal beat-down. I took Arsenal -2 at 1-0 for +135...i'll take that to cover my loss on the under.
    lucky you. my book doesnt have live lines on soccer

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    man, need reading to wake up badly here...
    damn wish I knew this mush was on the worst team I would have went all in easy with arsenal reading is an absolute money burner any1 picking them knows nothing

DerekVL
    DerekVL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92

This game is way more entertaining than it should be, glad I simply took the straight up Arsenal win at lesser odds

bolek

Quote Originally Posted by bolek View Post
    Podolski might have a good game thou I don't know might play arsenal ml with betis as an underdog.
    Just came from work and I see I am $456 richer
    Podolski anytime score and this parlay hits with arsenal and betis us an underdog like stated earlier last night.....cheers

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

Quote Originally Posted by bolek View Post
    Just came from work and I see I am $456 richer
    Podolski anytime score and this parlay hits with arsenal and betis us an underdog like stated earlier last night.....cheers
    yup, liked betis play also