PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

off to a good start, hopefully it stays that way!

bolek
    bolek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

Shhhhhh....don't jinx it I have under 3, 2.5, 2 all for equal amounts ...gl

Mlhero
    Mlhero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 321

andy888888
    andy888888's Avatar Become A Pro!

easyyyyy

SlowNsteady
    SlowNsteady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Thanks for the pick.

bolek
    bolek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

ThomasHB
    ThomasHB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 569

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHB View Post
    One bet tonight in the Edinburgh Derby fixture...

Hearts vs Hibernian

Advice : UNDER 2.25 Goals at 2.07 Sbobet(1.98+)
    The first Edinburgh Derby of 2013 takes place at Tynecastle tonight and another feisty encounter looks to be on the cards. First up let me say we are not one for taking 'under' bets as you will have noticed but I just can't get away from this one tonight with the main reason probably being their cup game at Easter Road last month still in my mind. Hibs won that 1-0 and for the first time in a long time they registered a victory against their famous rivals. They actually come into the game in better form than Hearts and sit 5pts above them in the league table. Talking about that game at Easter Road last month reminds me of how poor the game actually was. Nerves completely took over and it was only a deflected shot from David Wotherspoon that saw the Hibees win the game. Apart from that, there wasn't a single piece of attacking play that warranted highlights which shows us how poor it was. I am not saying the game tonight will be as bad as that but I don't think it will be much better. Both teams can't afford to lose games like this and Hearts are not the attacking force of old where they would have no problem breaking down teams. The visitors are also much better defensively with captain James McPake back in the side along with terrier like midfielder Gary Deegan. In recent weeks we have taken advantage of the attractive over line on Hearts games as they successfully switched from playing a 4-5-1 to 4-4-2 but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see John McGlynn revert back to his old ways tonight given the important of this match. Neither team likes to lose these games but looking at the league table, Hibs can afford to lose it more than their hosts and I think McGlynn will approach it cautiously with that in mind especially considering the firepower Hibs have up top in Griffiths and Doyle. Hibs were excellent in their 1-0 win at home to Celtic at the weekend and the defending from them after they went 1-0 up was heroic. On the other hand, old problems came back to haunt Hearts on Boxing Day as they lost 1-0 at Kilmarnock from the penalty spot and had trouble putting the ball in the net despite dominating much of the game. For us, this is all about the approach of both teams and with both derby games this season being very cagey (1-1 and 1-0) I don't expect anything different this evening and the mindset of both managers is likely to be avoiding defeat before anything else. As I said we don't take these bets very often but it's difficult to get away from them in such a game with everything set for a very tense and nervous encounter. 1.98+ is good enough for us to get involved here.
    Hearts 0-0 Hibs

Game was exactly as I expected with very few chances and it only really opened up in the last 20mins. Easy win.

ThomasHB

Scottish Premier League

Celtic vs Hearts

Advice: CELTIC -1.5 at 2.04 Sbobet (1.88+)
    We are very keen on Celtic in this game as the SPL action finally returns after a 2 week winter break. Obviously this break will have done all of the teams very well but I can't help thinking it will have benefited Celtic a little bit more than the rest of the league. Still in all cup competitions, and having qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League, Celtic have had a very tough schedule in recent months and with the club having enjoyed a midweek trip to Spain (they beat Steau Bucharest 2-1 in a friendly), they should be ready to get going again in what is a very important 2nd half of the season for them. First up Hearts visit Parkhead and when looking at the line for this game, I can't forget about the 4-0 thumping Celtic handed out to the Jambo's at Tynecastle just 2 months ago. Celtic were 3-0 up after 30mins and although Hearts didn't play too badly, once again their cutting edge in the final 3rd was their major problem. In recent times we have spoken about how John McGlynn has changed this containing formation from 4-5-1 to 4-4-2 and it has worked for them in a few games but I really can't imagine him playing such an open shape at Celtic Park especially with so many young and inexperienced players in this Hearts squad. He will probably look to contain Celtic but doing so is easier said than done and I would expect The Bhoys to run out comfortable winners in the end. What helps our cause massively for this advice is the absence of key players for the visitors and they lack any sort of depth to fill in for players who are injured/suspended. Defender Ryan McGowan has moved to a Chinese club in the transfer window and he will be a big miss having been a first team player all season long. Another huge absence for Hearts at the back is their captain and main central defender Marius Zaliukas who is suspended. He has started all 21 games for them this season (scoring 2 goals) and he will be very very difficult for them to replace in defence. Also suspended is midfielder Ryan Stevenson (15 games, 3 goals) for his horror tackle in the Edinburgh derby two weeks ago. So from their squad that has been starting games this season so far, Hearts are missing 3 key players and with Danny Grainger remaining a long-term casualty, they look very light in defence. They have no proper back up such is the poor financial state of the club. Of the players who have played this season we could probably see something like Barr - Webster - D.McGowan - McHattie which isn't too bad but McHattie and McGowan remain very inexperienced and Barr would be playing out of position so you can see the problems they have. Now onto Celtic who have a few problems in defence of their own but if we take into account the players they have on the bench, we suddenly realise it is not such a big problem for them. Main central defenders Efe Ambrose and Kelvin Wilson are both missing with Ambrose at the African Cup of Nations with Nigeria and Wilson being suspended. They have become the main central defensive partnership in recent months but I am not too worried about them being missing here considering the poor goal threat Hearts pose and with the back up Celtic have. Charlie Mulgrew will probably move into central defence with Thomas Rogne or Mikael Lustig and all 3 would be fine for this game. I would imagine something like this Matthews - Lustig/Rogne - Mulgrew - Izaguirre and that is still a very strong back line and with new defensive signing Rami Gershon having joined from Standard Liege, he will probably make his debut from the bench so you can see the difference in quality between the sides with a few missings not really effecting Celtic on the domestic scene. As I said, I think the break will have done Celtic really good and I expect them to come out all guns blazing back on home soil. Since that 4-0 win over Hearts at the end of November, Celtic have played 9 competitive matches whereas Hearts have played just 6 times so it is easy to see why I think the holiday will have done Celtic much more good than the rest of the teams in the league. During that very busy festive period, Celtic stuttered slightly with a 1-0 loss at Hibernian followed by a narrow 1-0 home win against Motherwell (could easily have been much more) so having had time off, they should now be back feeling recharged and they have far too much firepower for a Hearts side that is already severely weakened. We priced the main line up at -1.75 and make 1.88+ good enough -1.5 for the hosts here. Anything but a comfortable home win would be a surprise and I am expecting a routine 3 or 4-0 home win for the Champions.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

good stuff

nyyanks773
    nyyanks773's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

Thanks for the pick Thomas. Any thoughts on the over? I know you expect celtic to win 2-0 at least, but do you see Hearts scoring here?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

fuuckin Celtic gonna blow it again!

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Gooooooooooooal!!!!!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

ha thank fuuck for tht!

ThomasHB

1 bet in the SPL today...

Dundee Utd vs Ross County

Advice: OVER 2.75 Goals at 2.05 Sbobet(1.90+)
    This is the only SPL game taking place today and I find it impossible to ignore the over line at this price when this Dundee Utd side are involved. Ross County managed a 0-0 draw here earlier in the season but a repeat scoreline is almost unthinkable now looking at both teams of late. County operated much more defensively in the earlier part of the campaign and now play a more aggressive counter attacking game whereas United have completely fallen to pieces in defence but pose a huge goal threat with Mackay Steven, Daly and Russell all back in the first team (Mackay Steven and Daly were missing earlier in the season). One of the things that has struck me most when watching United in recent games is their inability to defend set pieces. They have switched off time after time at corners/free kicks and have conceded some very simple goals in recent games. They lost 4-0 at Celtic in midweek conceding 1 from a set piece and their 2 goals against Kilmarnock last week were both from corner kicks. Previous to the Killie game they conceded 2 goals at Aberdeen when it could easily have been 4 or 5 and they lost 4-3 at home to St Mirren before that which was one of the worst defensive performances I have ever seen from United when playing in the top tier. They do have a very attacking side with creative players and Peter Houston has always encouraged his team to play in such a way. This has worked well for them in recent seasons but they have struggled a little this season so far and they have been very vulnerable to teams breaking on the counter and set pieces as I have mentioned. Ross County probably pose one of the biggest threats in the division when it comes to set pieces with the delivery of Richard Brittain and the physical presence of the likes of Munro and Tokely. County were magnificent in Paisley last week when beating St Mirren 4-1, a result that shocked me and their new additions certainly seemed to give Derek Adams that extra bit of spice they were needing. The addition of Ivan Sproule from Hibs already looks like a bargain as he scored 2 on his debut last weekend and his frightening pace will cause problems for all teams in this division when he is allowed that free role out wide. Even at this early stage he looks like the perfect addition to a counter attacking side like County and I expect him to give the hosts many problems today. On the other hand, it is impossible to ignore the attacking threat United pose. Johnny Russell hit all 3 goals at Kilmarnock last weekend and with Mackay Steven back in the side, they are certainly a much more dangerous team as I have mentioned in many previews. We all know United will go looking for the win from the first whistle today knowing that it would take them into the top 6 but I also feel County will approach this as a game they feel they can win considering the ridiculous amount of goals United have been conceding of late (19 in their last 7!!). The game has passed an inspection and the pitch is in fine condition and with a wide open game expected, Over 2.75 has to be the call at 1.90+.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Need one mooooooore

truebluebear
    truebluebear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38353

Very very good summaries of Scottish football matches Thomas , you obviously know yer stuff bud , GL for future !!!
    Last edited by truebluebear; 01-28-13 at 08:32 AM.

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

any thoughts on the over today?

ThomasHB

Bet for tonight...

St Johnstone vs Aberdeen

Advice: ABERDEEN +0 at 1.97 Sbobet(1.86+)
    Just 2pts separate these sides in the league and if Dons are to maintain their hopes of finishing 2nd this season, this is a must win game for them. The thing that struck me most when looking at this game is the two games between the sides this season. Obviously we can only take so much from head to head stats but Aberdeen have completely dominated both encounters and it has to give them some sort of edge ahead of this match tonight. The last game between the sides was on the 22nd December and it resulted in a 2-0 win for Dons. It's a game I remember well having advised St Johnstone pretty strongly against a depleted Dons side and although the conditions didn't help in terms of viewing, a young Aberdeen side were completely dominant with 60% possession and 19 efforts on goal next to Saints dismal 4 (10 on target next to 1!). The sides met here back in August with Aberdeen winning 2-1 and again they were the much better side on the day with 58% possession and more chances on goal. Since their latest win over Saints, Dons have got many of their key players back to full fitness. Rob Milsom, Stephen Hughes and Isaac Osbourne are all back in the side and all started in the drab 0-0 draw with Hibs on Sunday. I watched that game very closely and Aberdeen were unlucky not to win having missed a penalty and controlled the game with 56% possession and 11 more efforts on goal than the visitors who seemed content to play it out for a point. The Dons have picked up more points on the road than at home this season and it is something I have touched on previously. They are favourites more times than not at Pittodrie and the pressure from the home fans may just get to them when it comes to breaking teams down. I have certainly seen much better and more fluent performances from them on the road this campaign and I'm hopeful of another similar performance tonight. Saints lost 3-2 at Motherwell last week but actually played really well and will feel unlucky at not picking up at least a point. Worryingly for them though is the fact they have won just 1 of their last 8 games and that was a narrow 1-0 home win over bottom club Dundee. The comments made by Steve Lomas yesterday are rather worrying for Saints fans going into the 2nd half of the season. "We are very thin on the ground. We have lost Gary Miller for eight weeks. Steven Anderson is still getting back from his cartilage operation and will be at least another couple of weeks. We are taking a huge gamble in the second half of the season with the number of players we have got, but that's not down to me. I can only make my recommendations. But I do think we are taking a very, very big gamble. We have probably got the smallest squad in the SPL." Lomas is certainly suggesting he needs more help to bring in players but that won't happen so it remains to be seen what effect that has on his current side for the rest of the season. Michael Doughty has been brought in on loan from QPR and I have to admit at knowing little about him. Apart from that it is not good news for Saints who will be without defenders Gary Miller (16 games) and Steven Anderson (16). Key midfielder Murray Davidson (21, 5 goals) is a huge doubt and on loan winger Peter Pawlett has returned to Aberdeen and will probably play against Saints tonight. Lomas is correct when he mentions them having a very small squad and although they are just about ok in terms of available players at this moment in time, any other injuries or suspensions would be a huge worry for them, especially in defensive areas. No such worries for Aberdeen who are finally getting their first team squad back together after a torrid few months with injuries and they are looking in much better shape ahead of this game tonight. They have looked very good against Saints in recent games this season and receiving full draw cover at 1.86+ has to go down as value in my eyes this evening.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

yeah was thinking about this play earlier. May wait and see if Murray Davidson plays before pulling the trigger

ThomasHB

Bet in the SPL today...

Aberdeen vs St Mirren
    Advice: OVER 2.5 Goals at 2.08 Sbobet(1.98+)
    This was always a game that screamed goals to us and we only really have one worry, but it is not enough to put us off. The only worry is the state of the pitch at Pittodrie as Scotland played Estonia on it in an International friendly midweek and the surface ended up in a bit of a mess. It wasn't the worst conditions ever but it did not help the flow of the game although I am told plenty of work has been done on it ahead of today's game. These odds are definitely still worth taking a chance about as I did expect a much shorter price for this line even taking the pitch into account. Saints have went over in 5 of their last 6 league games and have generally been playing some very nice stuff. In their recent cup games, they beat Celtic 3-2 at Hampden and were 2-0 winners at home to St Johnstone last week in a game that could easily have had 4 or 5 goals were it not for Saints keeper Craig Samson. Although they are playing well and creating chances, they are still conceding a lot of simple goals and gifting the opposition too many opportunities. Only bottom club Dundee have conceded more goals than them this season and they do remain vulnerable at the back, mainly because of the open style of football manager Danny Lennon encourages. They look to have made one of the signings of the season in striker Esmael Goncalves who joined on loan from Portuguese club Rio Ave a few weeks ago. He has scored 4 goals in 3 games for Saints and having watched all games he has been involved in, I like the look of him very much. His hold up play and physical presence up front has already caused huge problems for defenders and he should continue to cause havoc this afternoon. Alongside another in form frontman, Steven Thompson, Saints will give problems to any side in this division with the pair, as Celtic already found out at Hampden just 2 weeks ago. The Dons were knocked out of the Scottish Cup last weekend and that effectively ended their season. Manager Craig Brown has now come under heavy pressure from many fans and unless he can secure at least a 3rd place finish this season, I don't think many fans will class it as being a 'good' season. They have now went 4 games in the league without a win and they really have to start getting back on track or risk losing sight of the pack above them. They are already 5pts behind Inverness and Motherwell (2nd and 3rd) so dropping anymore points, especially at home, could spell big trouble for the Dons. They have not actually played bad of late but have just struggled to put the ball in the net. They missed a penalty at Easter Road last week and had Hibs pinned back for much of the 2nd half, with Niall McGinn in particular missing 2 glorious chances to equalise. Previously they lost at St Johnstone with individual defensive mistakes costing them and their defence will find it difficult to keep tabs with Thompson and Goncalves this afternoon. Both sides have been very poor of late at the back and I find it difficult to see this being anything other than an open encounter. The pitch is a small worry but plenty of work has been done on it and with both sides chasing a win here, I feel these odds are still too good to turn down especially taking into account the open football both encourage and that obviously means leaving spaces at the back for opponents to exploit. The last 2 games between the sides this season have been open and entertaining with Dons winning 4-1 in Paisley and their league cup game ending 2-2 here back in October. Goals look to be on the menu again and we have to get involved at 1.98+.

ThomasHB

One game tonight...

Scottish Premier League
    Aberdeen vs Dundee
    Advice: ABERDEEN -1 at 1.91 Sbobet (1.80+)
    This is a game we have discussed a lot in the last 24 hours and we have finally decided to make Aberdeen an investment here. They face bottom club Dundee having not won a game since their 3-1 win at Dens Park at the end of December. Manager Craig Brown is now walking a thin line with the Dons support and I will even go as far as saying anything but a win here will surely spell the end for him. They face a side who are 15pts adrift at the bottom of the table and are as good as relegated with even their own manager and supporters having admitted it. Anything but a win for the Dons will see them lose sight of the pack chasing those European places and that simply cannot happen considering the talent they have in their side. They drew 0-0 with St Mirren last Saturday in what was a dreadful game of football. The pitch wasn't the greatest but it can't be blamed on what was simply a dreadful game of football and it was a game we read all wrong having been on the over goal line. Previously I think they were unlucky to lose at Hibs in the cup having missed a penalty and controlled the 2nd half of that game (only losing to a 35 yard wonder strike) and they also missed a penalty against Hibs in the league 7 days previous to that cup game in a match that ended 0-0 despite the Pittodrie men having all of the pressure. Goals have been a problem for them with just 1 in their last 5 games but they are creating chances and they really ought to score a few against a side that have conceded 45 goals in 25 games and have scored just 14. Good news for the hosts is the return of full backs Ryan Jack and Gary Naysmith, both played midweek in an U20 game and are likely to play some part here even if they don't start the game. Dundee thrashed Morton 5-1 in the cup a few weekends ago but that win didn't seem to lift them at all if we look at their performance at home to Ross County last weekend. County completely dominated the game and it was the first time I have said to myself the players in the Dark Blue just don't look up for it anymore. They have picked up just 7pts from 13 games away from home this season and have generally had to deal with long spells of pressure from opposing sides. They are 15pts adrift at the bottom and with a very little away support set to make the trip up for this game, I think it will be once again a case of how long they can hold out without conceding before the heads eventually drop. Dons beat them 3-1 at Dens at the end of December as I said and previously ran out comfortable 2-0 winners here back in October. If they really want to push on in the league again this is a must win game and they won't get an easier chance than this for the rest of the campaign to finally get things back on track.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

on this as well

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Was going back and forth on this game, you guys gave me the push . Nice writeup.

ThomasHB

2 games in SPL tonight and I am on one of them...

Motherwell vs Dundee Utd
    Advice: OVER 3 Goals at 2.28 Sbobet (2.16+)
    This is a game that really shouts out goals at us and I expect we will see a very entertaining game at Fir Park tonight. Motherwell have signed former hero James McFadden on a short term contract and his return to the club is a massive boost for the players/fans and even the rest of the SPL. The Well ran out impressive 3-0 winners here against Inverness on Saturday and although Jamie Murphy has moved on in January, Ojamaa and Higdon remain a handful and on loan Kallum Higginbotham came in for his debut and looked pretty good. Michael Higdon has scored 17 goals in 24 games this season and he really is on fire. Up against a defence that has just conceded 6 goals in 90 minutes, he could be set for yet another terrific evening. United were ripped apart by Celtic on Saturday losing 6-2 and Jackie McNamara was brought back down to earth having enjoyed 2 opening wins as their new boss. One thing that struck me about the game on Saturday was the approach Jackie took to the game and it was that of a side that will never ever look to sit in and be afraid to have a go at teams. That doesn't surprise me one bit as he had Partick playing like that in the 1st division this season and he was always one of the best attacking full backs in the country during his time at Celtic from 1995 to 2005. He always talks a very good game and stated he was pleased with the attacking performance of his side on Saturday against the best team in the country and if they can show more of that tonight, they will certainly trouble the Motherwell back line. They scored 2 at Parkhead and missed a penalty aswell as 1 other chance that should have been in the net so the attacking threat is there for them, and we already knew that anyway. If United don't win this they really could start to worry about failing to make the top 6 which would be a huge blow for a club like them and especially considering they were most peoples idea of the biggest danger to Celtic pre season. On the other hand, Motherwell can move 5pts clear of 3rd place with a win so we know both sides will be looking for the points from the start. United have conceded the most amount of goals in the league all season (48) and I have spoke on numerous occasions about their failure to defend simple attacking moves. They are now faced with an even bigger problem as Gavin Gunning, who is probably their best defender, has been ruled out for the season and having started 25 of their 26 league games this season, they really can't replace him. Brian McLean will fill in again tonight but he is not in the same class as Gunning and has already made a few ridiculous errors this season that have led to goals for the opposition. In their last 10 league games, Motherwell have went Over 2.5 on 8 of those occasions (Over 3.5 in 5 games) and in their last 5 home games we have seen scorelines of 3-0, 3-2, 2-2, 4-1 and 3-2. We all know about United being so dangerous going forward but completely ragged at the back and that shows as 8 of their last 10 games have went Over 2.5 (7 of those Over 3.5) and in the 1-1 draw with St Johnstone, there could easily have been another 2 or 3 goals with both sides missing good chances throughout the 2nd half. We could easily advise the Over 2.75 option tonight but I am going to take a chance on the Over 3 line at such a high price. This really does have the set up of a wide open game with plenty of goals and the absence of Gunning at the back is a huge missing for the United defence who have to pick themselves up having conceded 6 goals just 72 hours ago.

steveq
    getthenet
    steveq's Avatar Become A Pro!

ty nice 1

Shredder
    Shredder's Avatar Become A Pro!

Always nice to read some proper write-ups. Best of luck to you!

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

I'm on both games, over 2.5. Good luck!

ThomasHB

Hopefully back to form in the SPL today...

Ross County vs Motherwell
    Advice: ROSS COUNTY +0.25 at 1.91 Sbobet (1.80+)
    These are two teams I have had differing thoughts on this season. Motherwell are generally a good footballing side whereas County can change the way they play and they have been 'ugly' to watch at times this season but have still been getting the results. The league table tells us Motherwell are in 2nd place with County in 9th but only 5pts is the difference between the sides and County have actually lost 1 game less than their opponents with a high number of draws just holding them back. They do deserve credit for their points tally having just come up from the 1st division last season and no doubt Derek Adams has done a good job with them. They are very difficult to break down, particularly at home and frustration can often set in for their opponents due their very rigid set up. I don't think they deserved to beat St Johnstone last week as Saints had more chances throughout the game but nothing too clear cut came about after County got their early goal and I think they will look to do the same thing to Motherwell here. Ivan Sproule scored their only goal last week and his return from injury is a massive boost for County as he offers them a bit of pace down the flanks, something they don't really have elsewhere in their side. Key midfielder Iain Vigurs also returns from suspension to give Adams a full squad to choose from. They have now gone 7 games in the league without a defeat (since that 4-0 hammering at Celtic Park) and there is clearly a belief in this group of players they are capable of making the top six. They are a very well organised unit and having gone unbeaten in their last 6 games at home, I think there has to be a bit of value on them receiving a start in this match. Motherwell come into the game having lost 1-0 at home to Dundee United midweek and it was a game that was very entertaining to watch despite just 1 goal being scored. Motherwell had the majority of possession but failed to create any clear cut chances throughout the game and it was actually United who spurned all of the clear goalscoring chances, having 3 efforts cleared off the line in the final 20 minutes alone. If they struggled to break down a United side that had striker Jon Daly filling in at the back, I can only imagine them struggling against a County side who play this game very well and with the addition of Sproule, they now have the perfect man to form counter attacks. Key midfielder Keith Lasley returns from suspension but Stuart McCall has reported a few niggling problems in the squad and they have a few men doubtful including key left back Stevie Hammell. This is the 3rd game in a week for the visitors whereas County have had all week to prepare for this match and that is something else that just gives them another little edge here. Motherwell have lost their last 3 games away from home (at Kilmarnock, Celtic and St Mirren), scoring just 1 goal which was a consolation at St Mirren. I remember the game at Fir Park at the start of December between the sides with Motherwell winning 3-2 but it is a game that could have gone either way with possession at 50% and County actually registering 1 more effort on goal than the hosts that day. County have definitely strengthened their side since then whereas Motherwell have had to deal with the loss of Jamie Murphy but have signed Kallum Higginbotham and James McFadden (who is nowhere near match fitness and will start on the bench). A very tight game in prospect but a +0.25 start at 1.80+ for the home side in Dingwall can't be ignored in our book and we have to take the home side to get something here.

ThomasHB

Back to winning ways on Saturday.

ThomasHB

One for tonight...

Dundee vs St Johnstone
    Advice: ST JOHNSTONE -0.75 at 2.13 Sbobet (2.04+)
    This game is all about motivation tonight and there is only one side looking to push on in the final few months of the season and it is certainly not Dundee. It has been a very strange week for the home side with fans favourite Barry Smith being sacked for John Brown and considering his only previous managerial experience was at Clyde 3 years ago, I am just as baffled as everyone else is by this appointment. Smith had the players playing for him despite their lowly league position and the fans understood it was mission impossible for a side that had no time to prepare for top flight football. The appointment of John Brown has only brought about negativity amongst the supporters and there could actually be more St Johnstone fans at this game tonight which can only have a negative effect on the Dundee players. Saints have been playing some good stuff of late. They won 1-0 against St Mirren on Saturday and it ought to have been 2 or 3 with the chances they missed late in the game and they drew 1-1 with Celtic last week and felt a little bit unlucky not to have picked up all 3 points having had 2 perfectly good goals chopped off for offside (the 2nd one was at least 1 yard onside). Previously they were unlucky to lose at Ross County having controlled the game but losing thanks to an Ivan Sproule wonder goal and breaking down County is not easy as we found out again last night. They now face a side who have not scored in their last 5 league games and lost 5-0 at Celtic Park on Sunday. Dundee actually played well in the first half of that game but everything fell apart early in the 2nd half with Matt Lockwood being sent off for a last man challenge (he is now suspended tonight, 18 games, 1 goal) and they struggled to get out of their own half for the remaining 40 minutes of the game. Saints win over St Mirren was on Saturday so that extra 24 hours rest could benefit the visitors tonight considering the amount of running Dundee did against Celtic in that 2nd half and they were effectively chasing shadows. Just about everyone associated with the club has admitted they are as good as relegated already as they are 15pts adrift at the foot of the table so you really have to question the motivation of the players tonight, especially after such a hammering on Sunday. On the other hand, St Johnstone have everything to play for as they sit joint 4th in the league table and a win tonight could potentially lift them up to 2nd place. Steve Lomas will know a game against the bottom club is a must win match if they are to keep up their hopes of European football and they already have the psychological edge over Dundee this season having won both previous games this season (1-3 at Dens and 1-0 at home). Key midfielder Murray Davidson is suspended tonight which is a big blow but the recent loan signings Lomas has brought in look very good, especially Mehdi Abeid (on loan from Newcastle) who has started the last 4 games and he has been involved in just about every attacking move Saints have created. Up top, Lomas has several options to choose from with Rowan Vine scoring goals lately and linking up well with Steven MacLean. Nigel Hasselbaink will also be looking for a starting role after his equaliser against Celtic and his pace will cause severe problems for a defence that has conceded 51 goals in 27 games. If a bit of physical presence is needed, Lomas can also turn to Gregory Tade so he has plenty of options to choose from that will trouble an already poor defensive side. Anything but an away win tonight would be a big disappointment for the Perth side and I think they can claim all 3 points pretty comfortably as there is absolutely nothing coming out of Dundee that suggests John Brown can turn this team around.

ThomasHB

89th minute equaliser with 10 men... Ouch!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Any thoughts on ST JOhnstone DNB @ +110 away at Hearts tonight? HEarts have got a lot of players out and obviously not in a good state off the pitch! Also, seeing Hibs DNB @ -104 for the derby next week, seems good value to me?!

ThomasHB

Busy day today, here is one in the SPL...

Scottish Premier LeagueSt Johnstone vs Kilmarnock
    Advice: OVER 2.5 Goals at 2.19 Sbobet (2.06+)
    A massive game at McDiarmid Park with both sides chasing that elusive top six place. Despite that midweek defeat at Hearts, Saints still have aspirations of European football whereas this really is a must win for Killie to keep up their top half hopes. The whole set up the game suggests we could be in for an entertaining and open 90 minutes. I watched Kilmarnock against Hibs in the cup last weekend in what was a tremendous game of football. Hibs ran out 4-2 winners and old defensive problems came back to haunt Killie as they simply overplayed things at the back on 2 occasions with Leigh Griffiths nipping in to score both times after Mo Sissoko and goalkeeper Cammy Bell tried to play keep ball. Killie have always played in such a way and manager Kenny Shiels has stated he will never try and change this as he looks to develop the youngsters in the club by playing the proper way. So they will travel to Perth and look to play their usual open style of football in search of the 3 points. To be honest, even 1 point is not enough for Killie at this stage with the teams around them also chasing that top 6 spot, it really is very tight and only wins will do for the likes of Killie right now. Kilmarnock remain without their skipper and defensive hardman Manuel Pascali who is out for the season and also missing for this game is fringe defender Garry Hay and Rory McKeown who was taken off in the defeat to Hibs last week. It means Kenny will have to change things around again in defence and it doesn't leave him many options with the backline now likely to look like this: Barbour - Sissoko - O'Leary/Fowler - Tesselar. O'Leary has not played in a few games so he may not start but it is certainly not the strongest backline Killie have in their squad with injuries halting them at the moment. Recent signing Kris Boyd scored in an U20 game midweek and will be nearing full fitness again so he could well start alongside Paul Heffernan up top and those pair definitely have goals in them. Boyd was the all time leading SPL scorer when leaving Rangers in 2010 and although his career has stuttered since then, he should have no problem finding the net again back in this division. St Johnstone disappointed us again midweek when losing 2-0 at Hearts and although they didn't play too well, having watched the full game since, we were perhaps a little bit more unlucky than I first thought regarding the offside goals. Having heard at least 1 of their 2 disallowed goals were harsh, having seen both of them several times now, they were both actually onside and it was a poor call by the assistant on both occasions (the first one was at least a yard onside). They also missed a few chances in the 2nd half that would have found the net on another day. They have now conceded 4 in their last 2 games and considering both of those have come against the lowest scorers in the league, Dundee and Hearts, we can safely say they are having a few defensive problems of late. To make things even more difficult for them here, key central defender Frazer Wright was taken off in the midweek defeat at Hearts and will miss this match with a knock and as he has started in 29 of their 30 league games this season, we can see why he is rated a big missing in defence. It means Steven Anderson is likely to play alongside David McCracken in the heart of defence and although they have plenty of experience together, Saints are definitely much stronger at the back with Wright in there. Overall, these odds are too much for the Over line as both sides will be looking to edge ahead from the start here in what is a huge game as both chase the top six. Both players are missing key men in defence and given the open nature Kilmarnock always adopt, I really think 2.06+ is excellent value here.

ThomasHB

Not posted on here for quite a while. Been an excellent season for me... With just a few weeks of the season remaining I will look to post my bets for the remainder on the season on here along with my previews.

ThomasHB

Hamilton vs Motherwell tomorrow night and I am very keen on an investment in that match. I will get my preview up tomorrow afternoon and it will also be available on my blog.

http://www.thomashb.blogspot.com

First 123 Last