MrVJP
    MrVJP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

In soccer, ML vs -1/2?

I've tried searching for the difference but I cannot find an answer; How is it different? And if it isn't, why are the numbers different (say -112 to -125 or vice versa)?

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

must be the 20th time this has been asked. its the exact same thing. if the numbers are different take the better price. If you don't know the basics of betting a specific sport you shouldn't be betting it in the first place

MrVJP
    MrVJP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    must be the 20th time this has been asked. its the exact same thing. if the numbers are different take the better price. If you don't know the basics of betting a specific sport you shouldn't be betting it in the first place
    Ah I see, thank you

Josu
    Josu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

I see books usually giving better odds on -0.5 then ML which is quite funny but they won't hear any complaints from me, thanks!

makman
    makman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Quote Originally Posted by Josu View Post
    I see books usually giving better odds on -0.5 then ML which is quite funny but they won't hear any complaints from me, thanks!
    It is actually not funny. It s pure math. Bookmakers has to somehow level the odds for possibilities. -0.5 is part of a two-possibility bet, ml is from three-possibility bet. And the odds are moving according to the bets being made. It will be all messed up if they start to say, "ah, ml has to be same with -0.5" and then they may notice double chance odds went lower than +0.5, etc... They will not able to control it all. So they dont care about it.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3415

95% of the time ml is better odds than -1/2.
    Less juice built in. And never take a draw on a prop bet (draw vs no draw, it is always worse than the draw on the original line