beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Stupid bet?...Futures play on Maribor to win Europa League..

I saw they were 350-1 before Noon kickoff today for El. Figured it had value since they already had 4 points in their group and if they can manage a draw vs Hotspur today they would be looking pretty good.Already beat Pank and played Lazio tough, and winning in Slovenia is always a bitch.If they can advance one round in the knockout phase this price would still offer me a good hedge on their opponent(s).Played 5 bucks...

BigBurk
    BigBurk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5461

Even if they were 1.000.000-1, I wouldn't take em. Real talk. Every dime you place on em is money badly spent.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

No value imo, but good luck!
    And keep Metalist Charkow in mind....

Sovereign7
    What the.....
    Sovereign7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    I saw they were 350-1 before Noon kickoff today for El. Figured it had value since they already had 4 points in their group and if they can manage a draw vs Hotspur today they would be looking pretty good.Already beat Pank and played Lazio tough, and winning in Slovenia is always a bitch.If they can advance one round in the knockout phase this price would still offer me a good hedge on their opponent(s).Played 5 bucks...
    You just gave the book 5 bucks.
    Maribor isn't going to go past the group. They are there because UEFA technically grants them a spot based on their geography amongst the euro league tree of eligible countries. Basically someone from Solvenia has to rep. the league.
    By some chance they do advance....they would never make it past the next around.

Too many ppl on here just have a glance at the stat sheet and drop $.

Unsteeled101
    Unsteeled101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

You will never know, this guy has pulled off good stuffs.

beefcake
    Update your status

Well I actually dont think they will win either not by along shot, but the price offered, if they can advance out of the group,gives me the chance to hedge on another futures bet with their opponent in the knockout stage.And since that is random ,they could even get stuck with another team comparable team or ATL Madrid for all I know.

tenbas
    tenbas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3855

Well, IMO it would be better to take the odds now and then trade them. Betfair/betdaq.

Gndias
    Gndias's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2596

thats just loosing money...

Phillth
    Phillth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Most people on this forum dont understand this type of futures hedging betting.
    Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Well I actually dont think they will win either not by along shot, but the price offered, if they can advance out of the group,gives me the chance to hedge on another futures bet with their opponent in the knockout stage.And since that is random ,they could even get stuck with another team comparable team or ATL Madrid for all I know.

beefcake
    Update your status

Well everyone drew today in their group...Still second although 2 out 3 games left are on the road..Never know...