Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

2 Games I Like Today...

Ireland Premier Division 2:45 pm ET

Shamrock Rovers v. UCD

Shamrock had a disappointing defeat at home against Derry last week. It was a surprising result. This week, they are back at home for their last home match of the season. Although there are no table implications for this game, there is a special side note as Gary Twigg will be playing his last home match before leaving the Rovers at the end of the season. In 4 years he has scored a startling 84 goals and has become synonymous with "Shamrock Rovers". UCD did have a strong win at home last week over third place Drogheda and have looked good at times, but this is one of those special nights, on a Friday, where the stadium will be rockin' for not only a final home win, but a nice sending off for Gary Twigg. Of course, anything is possible in these smaller leagues but I definitely see a home win for the Rovers.

Cork City v. Dundalk

This is Cork City's first year in the premier division and are hanging on by a thread to stay there. Last week, they were away at Shelbourne, who were promoted with Cork last season. Cork-Shelbourne games are always exciting because they were always neck-and-neck in the lower division and then, moving up together, fueled the rivalry. In the match last week, Cork went up 0-2 and were holding strong when Shelbourne came out of nowhere with 3 goals to win it 3-2, putting Shels 1 point ahead of Cork in the table and well clear of relegation. This surely pissed cork off to see the win slip away. This week, they are at home, which is a whole different animal for Cork. Turner's Cross is where they perform best, by far, and this will be their last appearance there for the season. They will be looking to not only bounce back from the heartbreaking loss at Shels, but even leapfrog them by 2 points in the table. Next match for them is away to 2nd place St. Patricks, which will be a tough time so they are looking to secure these points handily. Also, next week Shels is away to UCD, who aren't the strongest side, but can cause problems at home. So, with a win today, and the 2 points clear of Shels, if Shels only draw UCD next week, Cork will finish above them, which seems trivial but defintely something they will think about and find satisfaction in, but it will also secure a Setanta Cup spot. I see Cork coming out, like Rovers will, to give the very rowdy and supportive fans a win in their final home match of their debut top-flight go.

Lines have already dropped, got them at better prices but for the sake of keeping it up-to-the-minute, I'll post the odds that exist this minute. Here's how I'll play these games. Remember, this is how I AM playing them, just cuz I want some afternoon action, have family in Cork that will be at the match and I tend follow the Irish leagues just out of personal interest...

All bet 365.

Parlays:

Shamrock Rovers ML x Cork City ML @ 1.77 - 3U ****note just added unit

Sham Rov OV 2.5 x Cork City OV 2.5 @ 2.4 - 0.5U

Plays:

Shamrock Rovers -1, -1.5 @ 1.85 - 0.5U

Cork City - 1, -1.5 @1.675 - 1.5U

Cork City and OV 2.5 goals - 0.5U

Yes, a total of 6U. My units are not big at all, so don't think I'm going huge dollar-amount wise. Made some money this week at work too so just having fun with this.

As always, comments/thoughts welcome. Happy Friday folks.
    Last edited by Bluedragon; 10-19-12 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Added unit

Bluedragon

finally edited...
    Last edited by Bluedragon; 10-19-12 at 05:40 PM.

Bluedragon

wtf why does it keep doing that

Bluedragon

Cork 3-0 Dundalk
    Sham 2-1 UCD

Parlays:
    Shamrock Rovers ML x Cork City ML @ 1.77 - 3U ****note just added unit **WIN** +3u
    Sham Rov OV 2.5 x Cork City OV 2.5 @ 2.4 - 0.5U **WIN** +0.5u

Plays:
    Shamrock Rovers -1, -1.5 @ 1.85 - 0.5U **half push, half lose** -0.25u
    Cork City - 1, -1.5 @1.675 - 1.5U **WIN** +1.5
    Cork City and OV 2.5 goals - 0.5U **WIN** +0.5

Total: 5.25u - goin' drinkin' boys!

I also put $5 on exact result Cork 3-0 (win, but obviously not counting as I didn't post, but that paid well) and Sham 3-1, but that lost by a goal.
    Last edited by Bluedragon; 10-19-12 at 05:39 PM.

Bluedragon

Last edited by Bluedragon; 10-19-12 at 05:40 PM.

Bluedragon

I can't save any edited posts, can't even cancel them, i have to reload the page to have the fukkin edit box disappear. Anyone know the trouble? Either way, +5.25 today. Goin' drinking, fukk the smallest little things make me so angry...THIS post edits...WTF
    Last edited by Bluedragon; 10-19-12 at 05:39 PM.