bigjonson
    bigjonson's Avatar Become A Pro!

CapperJon (06/17)

2 Plays

Spain vs. Iraq Under 3½ (+110)

Iraq has very good defense and I don't think Spain is going to walk through like they did to New Z.

Plus I am not sure they will be taking this game very seriously.

With that Said:

South Africa -1½ over New Z seems to be a safe play as well.

GL

ansiktsburk
    ansiktsburk's Avatar Become A Pro!

Iraq has a very good defence [...]
    What do you base this on? If Iraq had a very good defence then at least one of their players would be playing in a decent league, but the reality is that their entire team plays its football in the Middle East. These teams don't match up, and Spain should hammer them. My only worry is that Spain will take their foot off the gas after thrashing New Zealand, and for that reason my play will be Spain -2, with odds of 1.57. I'm thinking about putting a little on Spain -3 too, but I haven't decided yet.

dwest718
    dwest718's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Ehh... by your logic Egypt can't be any good because a majority of their players play in the Egyptian league.

ansiktsburk
    ansiktsburk's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm saying that not one single Iraqi player plays in a good league, and that says a lot about their level.

Congratulations on your win bigjonson, but I'd still contend that Iraq don't have a good defence - they're just a defensive team who put 11 men behind the ball. Spain also missed a lot of clear chances. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

yeah I mean did you watch the game? they had a brick wall of 8 guys in the back at all times. Spain knew one goal was probably good enough. Ugh. Easy to say all this after the fact. Nice hit BJ

dwest718
    dwest718's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

That was Bora's plan. Iraq has the better manager. He knew what he had to do to give his squad a chance to advance.