ansiktsburk
    ansiktsburk's Avatar Become A Pro!

France v Turkey

I think France will beat Turkey in tonight's friendly. The French coach Raymond Domenech is under fire, and I believe that there's a strong chance he'll be fired if he fails to win this game. Under his management, the French team performed miserably at last summer's Euro 2008. Following this, he's had a couple of questionable results in the World Cup qualifiers - namely losing to Austria and failing to beat Romania. In addition, France have played three friendlies since Euro 2008, all of which they've been the home team. They drew with Uruguay, and lost to both Argentina and Nigeria. From Domenech's perspective, losing this game may well be the final nail in his coffin, as he has failed to prove himself despite ample oppurtunities to do so.

I think betting one or two units on France to win at 1.66 is worth it. Let's hope I'm not wrong. Any thoughts?

bostonbruins
    bostonbruins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have to think France would want to come out with a vengeance after being beat by Nigeria earlier this week, on the other hand they could fall apart completely. It's hard to lay -150 or so on team that hasn't scored in their last 3 friendly home games. I also find that betting on teams that are "due" is not the way to go.

If I'm not mistaken, Turkey is 5-1-3 in their last 9 friendly games. I would lay that -150 on Turkey +1 if I had to choose, but I'm passing so good luck.
    Last edited by bostonbruins; 06-05-09 at 09:00 AM.

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON
    Karayilan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

1-2 units is a huge bet on a Friendly, personally I would look elsewhere, this matches are for testing out new tactics, formations, players, basically your not getting a teams A game so it can't be capped normally. Around the 60-70th minute nearly every player will have been substituted.

France haven't been great at the best of times lately, neither team will take this very seriously. I watched Turkey's last friendly against Azerbaycan and it was like a game between old pals. I don't think either teams going to really care about this game.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't waste your money on a meaningless friendly game!
    You may take a look at the Bohemians (-125) in the Irish league. They could win their game convincingly.

bostonbruins
    bostonbruins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON
    Karayilan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

You can watch it on Betfair if your signed up to it.

I like Turkey @ +500