snip3r2006
    snip3r2006's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21

UEFA Champions Leuage ManU - Galatasaray Input Pls

hey fellas...

i think about to go big on ManU here. Any Input for me ???
    some Gala fans maby?

THX for help

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

Gala is no slouch .. Check history of Gala in champions league they have knocked down some giants... Top club from turkey. This season they have on paper probably one of their best teams ever .. Bet the over. As both sides here can score like crazy..

Don't fall in love with man u. They might win. But Gala is not some joke of a European club.. Do some research this is a bad bad soccer team =)

I am American and love watching them play and have been betting them for 3 years. Going to my first champions league match in Instanbul next month gala vs club cruji

Go on YouTube and watch some Turkish league games/ fans. They make English hooligans look tame man...

Home field advantage going to be huge in Instanbul.. Make a note moving forward

rentongfb
    rentongfb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 644

Well, i am originally from Turkey. Lived in istanbul for about 20 years. Been to many Gala games, however on the away stands, supporting the biggest team in Turkey, Fenerbahce!... I am following Turkish teams very closely still...

Galatasaray has been the most successful team on Euro competitions among Turkish clubs. Won the Euro Cup in 2000, and Super Cup in the next season. They were able to qualify to quarter finals in CL in 00-01 season, but they lost to Real Madrid. Also in 88-89 season, when the chapions league was not a league but knock out style, they progressed to semi-finals. The club has a mentality that is focused towards euro competitions, this gives players some confidence...However, they have not even compete in any euro competition since like 2007-2008. This is a major blow, especially for the players, the academy products, have NO experience in euro games. Experience, I believe, is the most important aspect in order to compete in the biggest stage of World Football(Yes the champions league is way more tougher than the World Cup, unlike ESPN would like you to think).

When i look at the Galatasaray squad, the players with Champions League(CL) experience are Hamit(31 years old, way out of shape), Cris(35 years old, but the most experienced, although he just joined the team, only played one game with his teammates. He is a defender so he must be in good communication with other players, he doesnt even know single turkish), Hakan Balta(Experienced full back, especially in the international field), Eboue(Ex-Arsenal player, knows old trafford very well). The rest of the squad has either no experience or very limited experience in the CL.

Yes, maybe on the paper, they had their best squad in years, and building confidence since they won the title last year. But this is still a team in the making. They want to play an attack minded game, with forward players are constantly bugging the opposition defence with endless pressure. This also causes forward players to get exhausted physically as the game goes on, causing them to miss easy chances. This is an important point, especially against a team like ManU, who likes to switch the ball to flanks, and playing in wider areas. Might exhaust Gala to death.

However, Gala have a very creative midfield in Selcuk-Melo partnership. Selcuk is the top form Turkish player at the moment and is literally the brain(or lets say qback) of Gala. Distributes to ball, feeds the forwards, and taking all the set pieces to create chances for his teammates, and doing this very accurately. Melo, on the other hand, is more of a fighter, having played in Serie A for years, he gained the nickname pitbull for his tough game, also he is brazilian, that means he is also technically gifted. The only problem with him might be his attitude at the game, he might end up getting a red card.

I watched all the Gala games, and most MAnU games so far this season. Thinking about Gala's problematic defence, and ManU bossing the midfield with especially with Scholes, this will be an easy ManU win. However Gala can always score, which can make great opportunity for us to bet on OVer 2.5 goals...

It is still early to decide though. Lets wait till Wednesday when we can see the possible line ups...

Cheers...
    Points Awarded:

cogiditopapa gave rentongfb 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Galatasaray is a very unpredictable team. Like Renton said, they can score anytime. Still can't forget the 3-3 game on 1993. Man Utd is the clear favourite here but they're not invincible. They were defeated by Ajax and Atletico Bilbao at England. Man Utd will win probably but my advice is don't go large or look for other bet. Won't be surprised if Gala grab a draw here. Bet Barcelona -1.5 instead.

Over 2½ can be a good pick as well for Manu-Gala game.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Felipe Melo to be shown a card!

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

if i went big on anything it would be over.. i hope gala advances

snip3r2006
    snip3r2006's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21

thx allot for the input ... of cause i checked the history before ... i just want to know there shape of today ... i'll pass this... was going to bet big on BArca + ManU

now i'll take the over small ... thx

rentongfb
    rentongfb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 644

Quote Originally Posted by snip3r2006 View Post
    thx allot for the input ... of cause i checked the history before ... i just want to know there shape of today ... i'll pass this... was going to bet big on BArca + ManU

now i'll take the over small ... thx
    well i had the exact combo. MANU win + BARCA win, stake 10...

little statistic Gala won only 3 games out of 37 away from home...

kobee24
    kobee24's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is no question of who's the favorite, but I would be delighted as a big Gala fan, if we can grab a draw. We are in much better shape than the last times we entered this competition. I believe there's a strong chance they will qualify. I've read some saying about betting over etc., I think anything can happen in this match. I'll be staying away from it in order to go crazy if we score . Might even bet on Gala to score don't know what the odds are. So to sum it up, I hope everyone betting on ManU loses their money tomorrow ). We're very sentimental when it comes to playing at Old Trafford, also read on the news that the english police attacked some fans today and Fatih Terim was in the discussions. We'll be motivated even more for sure!

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

United -1.5 is the play here. Huge difference between Turkish league and the premier league. Turkey haven't even qualified for the last 2 major competitions(euro 2012 and world cup 2010) When was the last time a turkish team qualified to the 2nd stage of the CL? United should cruise here 3-0 or 3-1 is my call here.