JayDelight729
    JayDelight729's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 252

Houston Dynamo - Real Salt Lake Detailed Writeup

With World Cup Qualifying tomorrow, both teams will be missing some key players. Houston will be without two defenders: Hainault and Taylor a midfielders: Garcia and regular contributor: Watson. Hainault is the most important of those players as he's been a starting central defender for them all season. Garcia is relatively new to the team and hasn't fully cemented himself into the squad yet.

Meanwhile on the other side of the ball, Salt Lake will be without midfield lynch pin Kyle Beckerman, top forward Alvaro Saborio, and the team's second best midfielder in Will Johnson. Wide back Chris Wingert is suspended for the match. Perhaps, more importantly 2010 MLS defender of the year Jamison Olave is doubtful to play. RSL's record with / without Olave is night and day. In 2012, RSL's regular season record with defender Jamison Olave starting is (W-L-T): 11-4-1. Without Olave in the lineup: 3-6-3. On the road and without Olave, RSL's record is: 0-3-2. Olave hasn't appeared in a MLS game since a July 21 and isn't expected to play tonight either.

Furthermore, Real Salt Lake have an abysmal record in the Lonestar State. RSL have never won in Houston (0-7-1 all time) and furthermore have never won in the state of Texas. RSL's combined road record against both Dallas and Houston is 0-17-3. Yes, that's 17 losses and 3 draws since the inception of their franchise back in 2006.

In addition to that, Houston opened a new stadium earlier this year and has yet to lose a game in it. Houston is one of two MLS teams still undefeated at home in 2012 with 8 wins and 5 draws and a goal differential of 14.

Current odds see Houston as a favorite in the -120 range. That line should be in the -150 range given lineup absences, historical performance, and Houston's home dominance.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Agree completely. Already bet on Houston PK at -200, and will probably add some more on the ml at -120 but waiting to see the line-ups. Rimando is on international duty as well for Salt Lake right?

Isnt the game tomorrow night though?

camelbreath$
    camelbreath$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6575

Odds are dropping from -120 to -112 and -114 etc. I think there is a high probability of both teams being satisfied with a draw here.

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by camelbreath$ View Post
    Odds are dropping from -120 to -112 and -114 etc. I think there is a high probability of both teams being satisfied with a draw here.
    Thought about taking a small stab at that.

JayDelight729
    JayDelight729's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 252

Rimando will join the national team after the game. He's the third keeper in the pecking order and head coach Jason Kreis begged Klismann to hold him for this midweek game.

As for the draw, there are only 7 games left in the MLS season and the Eastern Conference standings are really tight. By no means would Houston only be satisfied with a point. The west has a bit more of a gap and I'd venture to say there is more on the line in this one for Houston as there is for Salt Lake.

camelbreath$

Quote Originally Posted by JayDelight729 View Post
    Rimando will join the national team after the game. He's the third keeper in the pecking order and head coach Jason Kreis begged Klismann to hold him for this midweek game.

As for the draw, there are only 7 games left in the MLS season and the Eastern Conference standings are really tight. By no means would Houston only be satisfied with a point. The west has a bit more of a gap and I'd venture to say there is more on the line in this one for Houston as there is for Salt Lake.
    I really want to bet Houston large, but I am so worried on the draw. I will likely make a play on Houston, just simply based on RSL inability to win on the road, and the humidity and heat should be like having an extra player on the field. The over also looks tempting as defensive lapses seem imminent.

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

camelbreath$

I should have believe in myself when I felt the draw was coming... penalty miss by the Dynamo has almost sealed it.

camelbreath$

I should have believe in myself when I felt the draw was coming... penalty miss by the Dynamo has almost sealed it.
    The reverse jinx works!!!!! 94th minute goal on a second penalty....we winnnnn