EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thursday's [8/23] Ninja Plays

Europa League

Anzhi Makhachkala-AZ Both Teams to Score [-115]
    AZ is a veteran Euro squad that plays almost every year in the Europa League or Champions League. They know what to do in these situations. The dutch side is full of attacking talent and I don't think their usual style of play is to sit back and try and keep a clean sheet. I fully expect AZ to explore the Russians and look for an away goal or two. Anzhi will continue to treat the EL as a big deal, knowing the financial benefits of playing deep into the tournament. They have scored in every match of the qualification rounds and have only been blanked once in five matches in the Russian Premier League. I think they are smart enough to know they need goals if they are going to entertain hopes of advancing in the 2nd league on the road, so while they would love to keep it clean defensively - getting goals is likely more important here because of the prowess of the opposition.

Hearts +1 [-115]
    Hearts host Liverpool and the English side will be making changes today as they keep an eye toward the weekend and a clash with Manchester City. While the likes of Gerrard, Suarez, Skertel and Glen Johnson will be rested - Liverpool still has a deep squad given that Andy Carroll likely gets a start here. Still, the Reds looked poor against West Brom in a 3-0 defeat and will be keen to turn around their EPL season first and foremost. I don't think that means they ignore this tournament with new skipper Brendan Rodgers, but I do think it means they'd be happy to keep a clean sheet or come away with an away goal to give them a heads-up for the 2nd leg. Hearts will field a strong side and look to make amends for last year's squash job at the hands of Tottenham in this competition. Hearts have started strong in the Scottish Premier League with two draws and a win. Liverpool may well win this, but I don't think the defeat will be heavy - so even if Hearts loses, the +1 could result in a push and I think they do have a real shot potentially to earn a draw.

Draw Project [2-4 +0.64]
    Atromitos-Newcastle +216
    Crvena Zvezda-Bordeaux +248

camelbreath$
    camelbreath$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6575

Gah, EP I hope not! I like Bordeax to win and also have Liverpool in a small parlay... Good luck anyhow

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

EP what are your thoughts on Real-Barca BTTS? I tried to start a thread about it but nothing I start ever generates much traffic. I figure this could be a game where you would wait for it to go live but I don't have that option. This has been an auto-play for me the last 2 years and I think it has only missed once since I have been playing it.
    Points Awarded:

EaglesPhan36 gave JT OZ 4 SBR Point(s) for this post.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by JT OZ View Post
    EP what are your thoughts on Real-Barca BTTS? I tried to start a thread about it but nothing I start ever generates much traffic. I figure this could be a game where you would wait for it to go live but I don't have that option. This has been an auto-play for me the last 2 years and I think it has only missed once since I have been playing it.
    What's the juice? No value if too high. Don't have that option @ 5Dimes (not yet, anyway). I took Barcelona ml and the over.

camelbreath$
    camelbreath$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6575

Seems just about every game they play is 2-1, 2-2 or 3-2....so much firepower on both teams. You'll be laying a lot of juice on BTTS but it is a pretty safe bet in my estimation.

JT OZ

Ideally I would take it live the way EP does because it eats a lot of that juice if you can hold off for a few minutes without a goal. I don't have that option and don't see anything at 5Dimes but at one of the books I use its -180 which is the standard price in this match-up.

JT OZ

Real U1/2 is only +205 which seems pretty low to me so that is what has kept me from making the bet. Wanted to get others feedback that are more in tune with these teams than I am. I'm basically going off past history as opposed to possible lineups today so I wanted to do more research before I paid that price.

JT OZ

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    What's the juice? No value if too high. Don't have that option @ 5Dimes (not yet, anyway). I took Barcelona ml and the over.
    Obviously the O3 is priced much better but its going to take a Real goal or 2 to make that happen.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Obviously the O3 is priced much better but its going to take a Real goal or 2 to make that happen.
    My first post wasn't very specific; took over 2.5/3 -132 and put a little on over 3 -103. It's my understanding Pepe is out.

JT OZ

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    My first post wasn't very specific; took over 2.5/3 -132 and put a little on over 3 -103. It's my understanding Pepe is out.
    I heard that as well but I can't imagine a 3-0 win but that's my problem with it is not knowing all there is about lineups/motivation of each team. It seems everyone is on Barca and think this means more to them but as previously mentioned the firepower/rivalry between the 2 makes me want to count on both scoring.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

I think they both score, just don't like the price. As stated before, if you have access to live betting the price should drop, just not sure how much. Good luck.

JT OZ

Good luck to you as well appreciate the thoughts, I would imagine if one of us wins we both will so hopefully that is how it plays out.

EaglesPhan36

-180 isn't bad for BTTS especially given the firepower. Best case if you wait in live betting is if you can ride out about 15 minutes and it would maybe be -150. Of course given both teams, it could already be 1-0 at that point too.

I see it at -185 @ Bovada. I didn't even think to look, but I am going to play that. Thanks for pointing it out Given that it is a Cup match, I think it is less likely than a league match to see a clean sheet.

philliesfinest
    philliesfinest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15620

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Europa League

Anzhi Makhachkala-AZ Both Teams to Score [-115]
    AZ is a veteran Euro squad that plays almost every year in the Europa League or Champions League. They know what to do in these situations. The dutch side is full of attacking talent and I don't think their usual style of play is to sit back and try and keep a clean sheet. I fully expect AZ to explore the Russians and look for an away goal or two. Anzhi will continue to treat the EL as a big deal, knowing the financial benefits of playing deep into the tournament. They have scored in every match of the qualification rounds and have only been blanked once in five matches in the Russian Premier League. I think they are smart enough to know they need goals if they are going to entertain hopes of advancing in the 2nd league on the road, so while they would love to keep it clean defensively - getting goals is likely more important here because of the prowess of the opposition.

Hearts +1 [-115]
    Hearts host Liverpool and the English side will be making changes today as they keep an eye toward the weekend and a clash with Manchester City. While the likes of Gerrard, Suarez, Skertel and Glen Johnson will be rested - Liverpool still has a deep squad given that Andy Carroll likely gets a start here. Still, the Reds looked poor against West Brom in a 3-0 defeat and will be keen to turn around their EPL season first and foremost. I don't think that means they ignore this tournament with new skipper Brendan Rodgers, but I do think it means they'd be happy to keep a clean sheet or come away with an away goal to give them a heads-up for the 2nd leg. Hearts will field a strong side and look to make amends for last year's squash job at the hands of Tottenham in this competition. Hearts have started strong in the Scottish Premier League with two draws and a win. Liverpool may well win this, but I don't think the defeat will be heavy - so even if Hearts loses, the +1 could result in a push and I think they do have a real shot potentially to earn a draw.

Draw Project [2-4 +0.64]
    Atromitos-Newcastle +216
    Crvena Zvezda-Bordeaux +248

grt pick on the draw project one winner already

EaglesPhan36

Yeah always like it when the 1st one hits, then you're playing with house money on the 2nd.

EaglesPhan36

Had to settle for the Hearts push, but double draw hits today my Ninjas.

DHB
    DHB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 867

nice hit on the draws man.

EaglesPhan36

Goals galore in the 2nd half of the Spain Super cup.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Good luck to you as well appreciate the thoughts, I would imagine if one of us wins we both will so hopefully that is how it plays out.

Nice Daily Double on the draws EP!