Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

QPR vs Swansea...

Really liking QPR to beat Swansea at home tomorrow. Swansea have lost two key players in Joe Allen and Sigurdsson, and looks like Scott Sinclair is also on his way out to Man City and may not be involved tomorrow. QPR meanwhile have made some great signings. IMO Junior Hoilett could be the coup of the season, a free transfer from Blackburn, he was one of the few positives in their team last season and I expected somebody like Spurs to snap him up rather than a lower level Prem team like QPR. Andy Johnson could also be a shrewd signing from Fulham, they now have a solid trio in Cisse, AJ, and Zamora to choose from up front (plus Jamie Mackie when he is back from injury). Another great signing is Park Ji Sung, experience and great work rate, he should be a solid addition in midfield where they are already pretty solid with Faurlin (great passer and composed), Shaun Wright Phillips (can be spectacular but inconsistent), and of course the mercurial Adel Taarabt. Taarabt has a great record against Swansea (he even said it's his favourite team to play against), he pretty much single-handedly destroyed Swansea back in 2010 when QPR beat them 4-0 in the Championship at Loftus Rd (scoring 2 and setting up the other 2) and also set up a goal and played well last season in QPR's 3-0 rout at home. Also, today they have announced signings of Bosingwa and M'bia, with Joey Barton going the other way in exchange for the latter. M'bia could be a great signing and much needed defensive midfield replacement for the ageing Shaun Derry.

The defensive side of QPR is my one big concern. They've signed Robert Green to replace Paddy Kenny but I dont really see this as an improvement as Green can be erratic at times, especially when under pressure. Then in front of him QPR have an array of average defenders who can be a liability at times. Anton Ferdinand can be great and also terrible, Onuoha is more than often a liability, Armand Traore is ok going forward but poor defensively, and Clint Hill is old and slow but at least very rugged and determined. I expect new signing Ryan Nelson will start at the back. I've always like Nelson, not quick or technical but tactically aware, good positioning, strong in the air and a solid leader. Hopefully he still has a good year left in him. Bosingwa will help but doubt he'll play tomorrow. And the aforementioned Shaun Derry was never a Prem level player and now is also old and even slower. He'll probably start tomorrow. I expect the starting line-up to be something like this:

Green (GK)
    Hill (LB)
    Onuoha (RB)
    Ferdinand (CB)
    Nelson (CB)
    Derry (CDM)
    Park Ji Sung (CM)
    Taarabt (LAM)
    Hoillet (RAM)
    Cisse (CF)
    Zamora (CF)

Then on the bench solid players like Faurlin, Andy Johnson, Ephraim, Wright-Phillips.

Swansea were nicknamed Swansalona last season due to their technical based and possession game. Joe Allen was an important part of this however and they will undoubtedly miss him. Sigurdsson was also key in scoring important goals for Swansea and scored 7 in 19 games so will miss that. They've signed two pretty decent Spaniards in Chico and Michu however I would guess that they are going to need some time to adapt to the Prem and their new surroundings, and dont expect Michu to score as many as Sigurdsson did which means they are reliant on Danny Graham and Scott Sinclair. However as already mentioned Sinclair may be leaving shortly to join Man City and it is 50/50 at moment if he plays or not. If he does play will he be in the right mind-set?

QPR have 4 wins out of 4 games at home to Swansea so have an excellent record going in to this. At the end of last season QPR won all 5 of their last home games and from Hughes' arrival in January won 9, drew 1, and lost 3 home games which is pretty good. Moreover, one of those losses was a 0-1 to Chelsea which is no shame, and two were losses against Fulham and Wolves were they had a player sent of in first half of each game, with Diakite sent off after 33mins against Fulham and Cisse sent off after 34 minutes against Wolves.

So only question for me is whether to play the PK line at -200 or money line at +110. I'm leaning to the former at moment as this is the first game of the season so players are still rusty and can take a while to getting in to the rhythm of things, especially when you have a lot of new signings like QPR do. Another important aspect is whether Scott Sinclair is involved in the game as he is a key player for Swansea, so I will wait until we know whether he will play before making my final decision on this. Both teams to score at -110 could also be a worthwhile play as both aren't great defensively and like to play reasonably attacking football.

Also on Luton PK tonight away at Hyde United in a double with Man City to beat Southampton on Sunday
    Points Awarded:

swordsandtequila gave Vaughany 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

Now that's a write-up!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Cheers bud.

I should also add that another risk of playing QPR is their disciplinary record. Obviously this won't be as bad now that the retard Joey Barton is out of the squad, but still it's first game of season and at home so player's can be overly amped up which is a slight worry when hot-heads like Taarabt and Cisse are on the pitch, and also slow, cumbersome, and aggressive players like Hill and Derry. Hopefully after the sending offs last season Hughes will have worked on that aspect in pre-season (problem is Hughes is also slightly temperamental!).

He's is what Adel Taarabt had to say about the game:

ADEL Taarabt reckons Swansea City will be dreading the prospect of facing him when they kick off the new season at Queens Park Rangers.
    Swansea have never won at Loftus Road, and their last two visits to Rangers have been especially miserable.

Taarabt bagged two goals in the second-tier thumping and he impressed again last spring as Brendan Rodgers's side failed to turn up.Swansea were thrashed 4-0 in West London during their Championship promotion season and produced their worst display of last term as they went down 3-0 against the Hoops back in April.

"I can't wait to get started and it's nice that we start with Swansea as I have a good record against them," the midfielder creator said.
    "They must hate playing against me and will probably be sick of the sight of me.
    "They do play very good football, but that just seems to bring the best out of my game."
    Swansea midfielder Leon Britton, meanwhile, admits Michael Laudrup's men are due a performanceat QPR.
    "I think we definitely owe the fans one," he said. "It was probably our worst performance of last season up there, but it's going to be a tough game because they have made a lot of signings."

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Cheers bud.

"They do play very good football, but that just seems to bring the best out of my game."
    This is an interesting quote also very true. Taarabt struggled when he's playing against teams that know how to rough him up and he tends to get brought down to their level. Due to Swansea's more technical and free-flowing style I think this also helps their opponents at times as Swansea simply aren't always going to be the better technical team player by player. What I mean by this is that if you look at Swansea's team now in comparison to QPR, at least in terms of midfield and attack, it appears on paper that QPR's players are similar if not better than their opposite number at the very kind of game that Swansea like to play. For instance, Swansea's Dyer is for sure not at the same level of Hoillet even if they are similar types of player - pacey and direct. Up front, Danny Graham's job is to get on the end of things in the box and hold the ball up when outside the box. Bobby Zamora is equally good at this and when fit much better.

FreddDS
    FreddDS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

I think QPR PK is the safest pick to play tomorrow (Instead of ML), just based on the fact that this is the start of the season like you mentioned, but taking them on the ML isn't a bad pick. I'm definitely playing the PK though.

Great write up Vaughany, very informative. I wish we saw more of these from people around here, haha.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Thanks Fredd, and agree with PK being the best bet at moment.

One other thing I meant to say, all of QPR's signings are players with a good amount of Premiership experience. Park, Andy Johnson, Ryan Nelson and Rob Green have all got plenty of Premiership experience, and even young Junior Hoilett has a couple years under his belt from his time at Blackburn. Swansea meanwhile have signed 4 new players that have zero Prem experience or English football experience in general. De Guzman, Chico, Michu, and Itay Shechter have all played at a high level in Spain and Germany but still it is very different playing in the Prem. De Guzman, Chico and Michu all have the potential to be great signings for Swansea but Im hoping (and feel) that it may take them some time to fully adapt.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

I also like QPR here. Swansea will really struggle this year

BigBurk
    BigBurk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5461

Bosingwa announced as new QPR signing. Will not make tomorrows match though.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

5Ds doesn't give a pk option, just pk,-.5, so may roll with the ml (perils of the US bettor). Gonna wait and see if they adjust the lines. And I agree with Fredd, nice to see those with knowledge offering good write-ups, as opposed to the know-it-alls who do nothing but bash.

SBR Chris
    SBR Chris's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vaughny....will you share your picks on 'Premier League Picks Show' ?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Chris View Post
    Vaughny....will you share your picks on 'Premier League Picks Show' ?
    I can but I haven't really proven anything yet...this pick may go and flop tomorrow!

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Like the over here. Good luck. If you're hesitating between pk and ml you can always go for the pk and -0.5 if your book offers asians

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Like the over here. Good luck. If you're hesitating between pk and ml you can always go for the pk and -0.5 if your book offers asians
    Yep, could be another good option. The over should hit as well. Could def see QPR winning 2-1 or 3-1

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

haha Scott Sinclair's girlfriend posted this on twitter earlier and has been getting non-stop abuse from Swansea fans ever since!:

"Started to get bored now . Been in Wales too long ��. Lol. Must take action xxx"

From this it's plainly obvious he's on his way out, especially when your Mrs is in your ear about leaving and going back to Manchester where she's from! Be interesting to see if Laudrup plays him tomorrow

BigBurk

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    I can but I haven't really proven anything yet...this pick may go and flop tomorrow!
    Gotta love the attitude!!
    Last edited by BigBurk; 08-18-12 at 04:11 AM.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

The MMA masta is coming after the soccer guru title. GL my friend

FindTheLock

I am considering making a play on sunderland ML. I am not convinced arsenal will be that good this year.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think this fixture will be closely contested.... I would not back QPR at those odds... IT may hit.. but too many better bets today.. *over 2 fulham/norwhich

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

I guess the only worry for QPR is the squad gelling. Too many players in the starting XI, may need abit of time to gel.

LostBankroll

Reports that Mbia will not go to QPR after all. Not that he mattered a ton for todays fixture anyway.. but still a blow.. Nobody wants Barton lolololol

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

nice write up Vaughny, will be tailing u

secueritae
    secueritae's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2841

Come on QPR!! they were dominating in time of possessions but have nothing to show for it in the first half.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Not looking good so far...gonna be lucky if they get a draw and get my stake back. Robert Green's dodgy goalkeeping for tht goal I hear...doesnt surprise me, as I said he isnt any better than Paddy Kenny. In fact, I think Radek Cerny on the bench is a better keeper. Got Wright-Phillips, Andy Johnson and Zamora on bench so at least have some decent attacking options

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Should of just had a penalty as well

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

shhhhhhiiiiiiit

secueritae
    secueritae's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2841

and that's the game.

LostBankroll

Warned you all. Cant buy wins at this level...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Yep, fell apart...apologies gents...QPR's defence is terrible as expected...Fabio with woeful play

FindTheLock

I am not watching that one. Is Swansea looking really good or QPR looking really bad? I am watching arsenal suck it up. They look terrible on their finishing chances so far. It is only the first game, but Arsenal always get inflated lines so I might be fading them for a while.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Not all bad tho...managed to get this play on just before Dyer just scored!...(I thought -141 was a gift line when I saw it, was obvious there was gonna be at least one more goal!)...

28:28am 18-Aug-127:00am 18-Aug-12Soccer

TotalQueens Park Rangers/Swansea City (O 3.5) for Game.
    [Live! 0-3] -141 £1,700.00 to win £1,205.67 PendingLive - England Premier League

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    I am not watching that one. Is Swansea looking really good or QPR looking really bad? I am watching arsenal suck it up. They look terrible on their finishing chances so far. It is only the first game, but Arsenal always get inflated lines so I might be fading them for a while.
    Bit of both...QPR cant do anything right and a few Swansea players like Michu and Dyer are playing superbly

FindTheLock

nice hit on that total. I wish I could bet live on totals. I am going to watch all of these games after I take a nap. I love this sport, and I want to see how all of the teams played today for future betting purposes.

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

GREAT PICKING! thanks for the write up!

Nova99
    Nova99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

tough luck on the first week, hope it gets better for ya later on this year!

BigBurk

Wow.. Who would have thought a 0-5 would happen today.... Not me!!

12 Last