swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Meh, I ain't buying it, mainly because the USA took the game more seriously than Mexico did. Bottom line is winning an exhibition game doesn't make anyone "relevant", because everyone knows the result would have been different if the game was meaningful. To say this game puts the USA on the map is equivalent to saying beating the Super Bowl Champion Giants in a preseason game put the Jaguars on the map last week.
    While just a friendly, I think you're discounting Mexico's effort. They fielded more national team regulars than the US squad, and they sure as hell tried to score after the US goal. Their fans took it seriously, throwing bags of urine on the field after the final whistle. Bottom line, Klinsmann took a lot of heat initially, but now has wins in Mexico and Italy. World power, no. Brighter future, yes.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

Lt-- do you know anything about soccer?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy04 View Post
    Lt-- do you know anything about soccer?
    I make a lot of money betting Dutch Soccer but that's beside the point. I just think too many guys are overreacting to winning an exhibition game. As for fans reaction, that is only normal, they take friendlies more serious than the players do.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

I make a lot of money betting Dutch Soccer but that's beside the point. I just think too many guys are overreacting to winning an exhibition game. As for fans reaction, that is only normal, they take friendlies more serious than the players do.
    It's a psychological win. Getting our first win in Mexico boost our confidence.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy04 View Post
    It's a psychological win. Getting our first win in Mexico boost our confidence.
    Meh, so was it a psychological win when the Jaguars beat the Giants? And fact that Mexico was such a small favorite also says a lot.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Meh, so was it a psychological win when the Jaguars beat the Giants? And fact that Mexico was such a small favorite also says a lot.
    Respect your opinion, but an NFL preseason game is a horrible comparison, especially the first game. The majority of those players won't make the first cut, much less the regular roster. It is what it is, let them enjoy it. Try telling a kid his first lay doesn't count because it was a big girl!

i97g
    i97g's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    While just a friendly, I think you're discounting Mexico's effort. They fielded more national team regulars than the US squad, and they sure as hell tried to score after the US goal. Their fans took it seriously, throwing bags of urine on the field after the final whistle. Bottom line, Klinsmann took a lot of heat initially, but now has wins in Mexico and Italy. World power, no. Brighter future, yes.

USA bright future? and your asking people if they know about soccer? PLEASE BROTHA

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Quote Originally Posted by i97g View Post
    USA bright future? and your asking people if they know about soccer? PLEASE BROTHA
    Reading comprehension will take you a long way. I didn't ask anyone if they knew about soccer, and the statement was "brighter future", which, considering where it's been, isn't a stretch, BROTHA.

i97g
    i97g's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Reading comprehension will take you a long way. I didn't ask anyone if they knew about soccer, and the statement was "brighter future", which, considering where it's been, isn't a stretch, BROTHA.
    HAHAHAH, you cant have a convo without trying to insult someone and your talking about something taking you a long way. Trust me guy, I am much more educated then you...lets not go there..enjoy your soccer and leave it at that

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Quote Originally Posted by i97g View Post
    HAHAHAH, you cant have a convo without trying to insult someone and your talking about something taking you a long way. Trust me guy, I am much more educated then you...lets not go there..enjoy your soccer and leave it at that
    Never said I was an expert.
    I'm sure you are.
    You're reading way more into this than there is.
    Nothing insulting about my previous posts.
    Read your initial post to me; who was insulting who?

jetsjets1028
    jetsjets1028's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1363

rocks.. expec womens soccer and both bball teams and what win by mens soccer in mextico tues night 1st win 25 tries 75 years in mexico!!

First 12