Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

this is a test for you americans that think soccer is big. stop 10 random strangers and ask them to name 3 men's olympic soccer players and tell me how many they can name. and report back to this thread. until then, i'm done with this thread posted mainly by canadians and one dumbass from detroit.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    this is a test for you americans that think soccer is big. stop 10 random strangers and ask them to name 3 men's olympic soccer players and tell me how many they can name. and report back to this thread. until then, i'm done with this thread posted mainly by canadians and one dumbass from detroit.
    Alright now go down the street and ask 10 random strangers to name 3 players from KC Royals. Then ask who's in the starting pitching rotation for the Oakland A's. Then ask them to name 5 players on the Nashville Predators.

Soccer is now a popular sport in America and you're going to have to deal with it.
    Points Awarded:

swordsandtequila gave CanuckG 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: camelbreath$

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Inker

Look at Toronto and Montreal. Both horrid teams and the sell out every game. Canadian though so it's different.
    got tickets to mtl vs TFC oct 16th!!

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

This is dumb.
    Someone right now on the street could name 3 us track and field athletes, does that mean that track and field is big?
    Obviously it doesn't.

Attendance and numbers and dollars are what speak. MLS is growing.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CanuckG

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Alright now go down the street and ask 10 random strangers to name 3 players from KC Royals. Then ask who's in the starting pitching rotation for the Oakland A's. Then ask them to name 5 players on the Nashville Predators.

Soccer is now a popular sport in America and you're going to have to deal with it.

wow really? fyi, americans don't give a shit about the royals, the a's, or the predators.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    This is dumb.
    Someone right now on the street could name 3 us track and field athletes, does that mean that track and field is big?
    Obviously it doesn't.

Attendance and numbers and dollars are what speak. MLS is growing.
    someone? i'm talking majority. no one gives a shit about track either.

CanuckG

wow really? fyi, americans don't give a shit about the royals, the a's, or the predators.
    Really????

CanuckG

Ghenghis favorite sports NFL, Nascar and Hot dog eating contest.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Really????
    i'll make it easy for you. if you ask random americans who's in the olympic men's basketball team. most could name at least 2 to 3.

CanuckG

So now we're talking about basketball? I bet you most Americans could name Alex Morgan, Hope Solo and Abby Wambach too what's your point?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

So now we're talking about basketball? I bet you most Americans could name Alex Morgan, Hope Solo and Abby Wambach too what's your point?
    jesus pal. wtf is wrong with you? i replied to deuce about why american men's soccer sucks. the reason is americans don't care about soccer. if we did, we'd dominate in soccer too, that's all i'm saying. realize what you are arguing about before you start spewing nonsense.

CanuckG

jesus pal. wtf is wrong with you? i replied to deuce about why american men's soccer sucks. the reason is americans don't care about soccer. if we did, we'd dominate in soccer too, that's all i'm saying. realize what you are arguing about before you start spewing nonsense.
    But that's false. Why do you continue to argue that? Seems like you're in the minority here.

CanuckG

Yeah, if Americans really cared about soccer they'd dominate Spain/Germany/Brazil okay have another drink pal.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

This guy is off his rocker. If we cared we'd dominate???

CanuckG

I think we've been trolled

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

c'mon pal, you are not american, you don't know how it is down here. rest of the world loves soccer and it's their primary sport. we have football and basketball. those are our primary sports. if we didn't have those two, we'd actually care about soccer and how we perform amongst the world. but since americans don't give a shit about soccer, no one cares how we do in soccer.

americans don't like to lose, do you really think we'd suck at soccer if people cared? we are the most competitive nation in the world. as long as football and basketball are our primary sports, our best athletes will compete in those two sports rather than delve into soccer. that is why i said as long as football and basketball exist, us men's soccer won't be a factor since americans don't give a shit. does that make sense to you?

CanuckG

but since americans don't give a shit about soccer, no one cares how we do in soccer.
    You keep saying that when it's not true why is that?

americans don't like to lose, do you really think we'd suck at soccer if people cared?
    Yes. Americans aren't the only country who don't like losing.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

I am American and no that doesn't make sense at all. The American team wouldnt back that claim up either. You're mistaken. Nba and nfl are more popular yes, that doesn't mean if we cared we'd dominate.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I am American and no that doesn't make sense at all. The American team wouldnt back that claim up either. You're mistaken. Nba and nfl are more popular yes, that doesn't mean if we cared we'd dominate.
    7 year old brazilian kids would probably beat the US mens team

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

do you know why the dream team was formed in 1992? it's because we care. if football was in the olympics and we lost, americans would have heart attacks because we care. people couldn't care less about soccer in the us and they never will as long as football and basketball are around.

nycyellow9
    nycyellow9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    7 year old brazilian kids would probably beat the US mens team
    Last time USA played Brazil in a meaningful match Brazil had to come back from 2-0 down to win 3-2.

Next misconception?

nycyellow9
    nycyellow9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

More people have attended a soccer match in the USA (like 90,000) than a basketball match in the USA (like 20,000). Is that enough proof?

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

Dude doesn't know what he is talking about..I'm assuming u are really old because everyone I know "knows" about soccer, big fans, ton of people follow EPL, and big teams like Barca and Real here in the US and I am american..even though football is my favorite sport can't hate on soccer..peace

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6495

Fck soccer. All the normal dudes I know would never pay a dime to attend a mens soccer game.

On the other hand, I would prob pay to see alex morgan...

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Once MLS can offer to pay its players the same as MLB/NFL then the average person will pay attention

MLS is growing no way to deny it

If NFL is the greatest sport, then how come other countries don't play it?

Just because the media/ESPN doesn't have a primetime show on soccer means no one cares?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The mens program is a disgrace

The women are more colorful and of course winners

No comparison

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

yes womens soccer bigger internationally because they are better then their mens counterparts.

their club league however, no one really cared about. mls is fast growing and will be mainstream someday in the distant future.

camelbreath$
    camelbreath$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6575

Newsflash, this just in: Americans can name Landon Donovan, Clint Dempsey and Tim Howard. Fact.

camelbreath$
    camelbreath$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6575

Also, it's spelled Genghis Khan, moron.

nyyanks773
    nyyanks773's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

I am an american fan of the sport
    think i do like the ladies better
    alex morgan #1 carli lloyd #2... hate hope solo... rest of team good... wambach rapinoe dyke

last world cup was entertaining to watch for both sides, dramatic.
    Men need a new coach IMO

jetsjets1028
    jetsjets1028's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1363

for team USA it is cuz women are #1 ranked and won gold meanwhile mens team failed even qualify

CanuckG

Was at the Seattle Sounders game today. 55,000 in attendance....crazy fukkin crowd. Loved when the Whitecaps players dove and faked an injury the crowd would chant "Let him die"

Seattle an underrated sport's city. Not only does Seattle rank #1 in MLS attendance but they're 15th WORLD WIDE

​Even better than the fukkin champs Chelsea.

eleuropeano
    eleuropeano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1924

lol you kidding me? we have the most athletic humans in the world and you don't think we can dominate in soccer if we really wanted to? c'mon pal, just because detroit sucks at sports doesn't mean you need to start resorting to soccer.
    That's the thing about soccer. It's more about skill then athleticism. The 5'5" dwarves like Xavi and Iniesta who dominate for spain are far away from the most athletic humans. But they got still.

stuntin909
    stuntin909's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

im in la. galaxy season ticket holder. attendance is not a problem for us. think what you want.

stuntin909
    stuntin909's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

also a big US fan. went down to azteca stadium in mexico city in 2009. lucky to be alive lol. was joined by a couple hundred US fans too

First 123 Last