samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

The USA/Canada game is being replayed right now

On the olympic soccer channel.

Just a heads up for those who wanna watch a good match

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Thanks for making this thread i tuned in and what a fkn game. Best match ive seen in a long time.

I wonder if US will have enough in the tank against Japan

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

jules11
    WHY ALWAYS ME
    jules11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3075

FIFA to investigate soccer match http://shar.es/vluGN

PMcG012
    PMcG012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 516

Too bad this match was marred by two terrible calls, and more nonsense from the American players. Hearing Wambach brag about getting into the ref's head, and Solo saying "we made her [Sinclair] look good" is sickening. No respect for their opponents, as has been the case the entire tournament. The US team has not at all lived up to what they were expected to be in this tournament, and frankly they are lucky to be in the gold medal game. They should have dominated, but they seem more concerned with hamming it up after a goal than actually playing the game. They need to have a sit down with Missy Franklin or Gabby Douglas and learn how to be a gracious winner.

Pokerjoe
    Pokerjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

The Canadians were outplayed and, more importantly, out worked, out classed. They fell apart at the end when the pressure rose. The ref was fine, if anything very generous to the Canadians. Tancredi several times should have picked up a second yellow and been sent off.

And lets not forget that the Canadians were whining before the match even started, in a really, really low class attempt at gutter psychology, the coach was accusing the US of illegal tactics--tactics the Canadians used more than anyone. Just pathetic. And the coach was openly, blatantly telling his players they needed to have a ruthless attitude, so their cheap, ghetto soccer tactics isn't surprising. http://www.cbc.ca/sports/opinion/oly...in-london.html

As to the call in question, the goalie admitted that she had been warned to stop stalling (by a linesman), and video replay shows she held the ball for 15 seconds. It's a rare call because such a low class, desperate tactic is rare.

"In the 58th minute she held the ball for 17 seconds, in the 59th for 12 seconds, in the 61st for 16 seconds, in the 68th for 11 seconds," Woitalla writes.

But even then, the Canadians should have blocked the shot, those inside-the-box free kicks are really hard to score on. If they'd had the backbone the US players had, they would have just taken the shot to their chest and moved on. Instead the girls turned away from the shot in fear and it hit their hands and got the PK. http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympi...,2900543.story

The post-game whining shows how spoiled Canadians are. They suffer one dubious call in one game and get hysterical, whereas the US men will suffer multiple calls, worse than that, in almost every WC game they ever play. FIFA has made it clear it hates the US, so it's redic to say they favored them in a game, that's insane.

Canada played over their heads but lacked class and cool at the finish. They choked away three leads and lacked heart at the end. No one to blame but themselves.

BTW, I loved the game and had gained a lot of respect for Canada's women's team in this game ... until they they showed such low class behavior afterwards, exemplified by the Canuck bitches posting ITT.

Have a nice day.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerjoe View Post
    The Canadians were outplayed and, more importantly, out worked, out classed. They fell apart at the end when the pressure rose. The ref was fine, if anything very generous to the Canadians. Tancredi several times should have picked up a second yellow and been sent off.

And lets not forget that the Canadians were whining before the match even started, in a really, really low class attempt at gutter psychology, the coach was accusing the US of illegal tactics--tactics the Canadians used more than anyone. Just pathetic. And the coach was openly, blatantly telling his players they needed to have a ruthless attitude, so their cheap, ghetto soccer tactics isn't surprising. http://www.cbc.ca/sports/opinion/oly...in-london.html

As to the call in question, the goalie admitted that she had been warned to stop stalling (by a linesman), and video replay shows she held the ball for 15 seconds. It's a rare call because such a low class, desperate tactic is rare.

"In the 58th minute she held the ball for 17 seconds, in the 59th for 12 seconds, in the 61st for 16 seconds, in the 68th for 11 seconds," Woitalla writes.

But even then, the Canadians should have blocked the shot, those inside-the-box free kicks are really hard to score on. If they'd had the backbone the US players had, they would have just taken the shot to their chest and moved on. Instead the girls turned away from the shot in fear and it hit their hands and got the PK. http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympi...,2900543.story

The post-game whining shows how spoiled Canadians are. They suffer one dubious call in one game and get hysterical, whereas the US men will suffer multiple calls, worse than that, in almost every WC game they ever play. FIFA has made it clear it hates the US, so it's redic to say they favored them in a game, that's insane.

Canada played over their heads but lacked class and cool at the finish. They choked away three leads and lacked heart at the end. No one to blame but themselves.

BTW, I loved the game and had gained a lot of respect for Canada's women's team in this game ... until they they showed such low class behavior afterwards, exemplified by the Canuck bitches posting ITT.

Have a nice day.
    Hope Solo held onto the ball for similar time lengths the Canadian keeper did. The linesman didn't make the call for holding onto the ball too long, the ref did and the ref did not warn her. I also guess you missed the obvious handball the American made in her own 18 yard box that was intentional. The handball rule also states a player must intentionally make hand/arm contact with the ball - do you think the Canadian who is standing 10 yards away is able to move her arms towards a ball moving 100mph that fast? I guess in your eyes she's wonder woman.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

This was an awesome game! One of the greatest matches I have ever seen. Funny thing is my DVR cutoff at the 118 minute mark! I turned to ESPN News to see how we won in the 120 minute. USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

usa can buy anything.. but canada will always put you on blast