cleaveland
    cleaveland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

Is a Spain-Germany final destiny?

I really think it is. Not only because those are obviously the two best teams left in the Euro 2012 tournament but....

Think about it from a business standpoint, how much money is that final worth? Consider the fact that every soccer fan in the world would want to see that final. Now, add all the additional revenue from all the extra viewers all over the world that will be watching that match (as opposed to if Portugal or Italy reach the final), it's big money. We're talking big money to be made all over the world in terms of ad revenue and hype for the tournament.

Let's be realistic, big business is controlled by people who don't give a **** about which teams are better, they want to maximize profits.

A Spain to advance/Germany to advance parlay pays out at plus money right now. I see that as a huge, huge value play.

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

No.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Germany-Portugal would be more exciting for the casual fan

cleaveland

I really think the system has made it's decision.

cleaveland

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    Germany-Portugal would be more exciting for the casual fan
    We're talking expectations, hype, viewers/ratings, etc. etc. Spain/Germany is the best choice by far.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Gut feeling Portugal wins tomorrow...

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Nazis will win it all

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Where was the system the last 2 World Cups when all 8 semifinalists were Euro. No Brazil, no Argentina, no wildcard like Ghana or South Korea. And a Brazil-Spain WC Final might have been the most watched game ever

cleaveland

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Where was the system the last 2 World Cups when all 8 semifinalists were Euro. No Brazil, no Argentina, no wildcard like Ghana or South Korea. And a Brazil-Spain WC Final might have been the most watched game ever
    Things can't always be controlled but in this case I think Spain and Germany are so much better than their competition that a little help here and there can make this a virtual lock. That's my opinion, we'll see what happens.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Almost all 8....

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

italy will beat germany
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave Rod1010 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Brazil was destined to lose that match against the dutch. I called it. Not only because of the style they were playing, but because not choosing Ronaldhino on the squad was one of the worst calls in World Cup history. He was still a solid player at that time, and more WC experience than anyone else in the nation. Ha. Dunga. What a fool.

Sunde91

forgot Uruguay

and in 2004 when dreadful no names Greece wins over host Portugal. Cool troll thread op

cleaveland

Cool troll thread op
    I've got 897 points, I'll bet you even odds as many points as you want up to my total. If I lose I'll send you 2 points everyday until it's all paid. If you lose you pay me now as you're a pro.

Remember, if I'm trolling than my argument must be wrong so you have nothing to lose.

Sunde91

So I have to pay all 365 while you pay 2 a day for 183 days. And this is all for something worth $16 in giftcards. Woah what a bargain bro

cleaveland

So I have to pay all 365 while you pay 2 a day for 183 days. And this is all for something worth $16 in giftcards. Woah what a bargain bro
    My "troll thread" can't be right so it's risk free points for you. I'll pay you +150 you pay me +100 for your trouble. Deal?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Germany has never beaten italy in a wc or euro match. I will say that italy has a mental edge over the nazis. Low was dumb to rest key players in the greece match. The italians are not a household team without cannavaro/costacurta etc but this italy team is solid and unified. Prandelli has a team of destiny and italians always do well when no one expects them to do like this tourney. Italy is tough and the germans are an offensive team with a lack of defensive intuity. Italy will punish germany on the counterattack and advance.

cleaveland

Quote Originally Posted by cleaveland View Post
    My "troll thread" can't be right so it's risk free points for you. I'll pay you +150 you pay me +100 for your trouble. Deal?
    Sunde91 -

If you don't give me an answer within 1 hour from now then this offer is rescinded. I don't want to have to keep checking this thread.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Germany has never beaten italy in a wc or euro match. I will say that italy has a mental edge over the nazis. Low was dumb to rest key players in the greece match. The italians are not a household team without cannavaro/costacurta etc but this italy team is solid and unified. Prandelli has a team of destiny and italians always do well when no one expects them to do like this tourney. Italy is tough and the germans are an offensive team with a lack of defensive intuity. Italy will punish germany on the counterattack and advance.
    Italy +0.5 is a solid play

cleaveland

Sunde91 -

If you don't give me an answer within 1 hour from now then this offer is rescinded. I don't want to have to keep checking this thread.
    The offer's rescinded but there will be plenty of opportunities for me to gloat anyway.

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

Go Spain please

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

I'd like to see a Spain v Germany final but these things usually never work out this way.

At least one of the two will eliminated in the SF imo. Hopefully its Germany and not Spain.

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

champions league final was supposed to be Barca vs Real .

instead its Bayern vs Chelsea .

so it will be Portugal vs Italy final .

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Argentina was never supposed to be anywhere anyway, Brazil has been choking for the last two world cups, nothing new.

The semi-final already had Germany-Spain like everyone wanted.

The Italy-France final was another big names match up.

k13

So defending World champions vs previous world champions would not be watched by anyone???

As much as I don't care for Italy people are making them sound like they are San Marino....lol

The tournament organizers will be happy with whatever final it is from these 4, the only teams they did NOT want is Greece, Ireland, Czechs, Denmark, Croatia, Sweden in the final.

k13

I still don't see how its not a Spain-Germany final myself....Italy is out since I have their futures so that only leaves Portugal with a slim chance of getting a lucky goal.

We can all agree it will be an all Euro Final.

k13

If you bet Spain at +170 and Germany at +175 to win it all, how can you lose?

The other teams don't have a chance.

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    meh. i predicted the semi's. everything in my brackets are predicted perfectly except for russia, greece, france taking second and not winning the group and poland

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by aceking View Post
    champions league final was supposed to be Barca vs Real .

instead its Bayern vs Chelsea .

so it will be Portugal vs Italy final .
    LOL. that bayern lost killed me. i was so pissed.

cleaveland

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

I like both dogs, Portugal more but I'm betting on both dogs to advance.

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Quote Originally Posted by Rod1010 View Post
    italy will beat germany
    Germany is at this moment, quite possibly, the best team in the world.. Could they lose, anything can happen but they are miles better than Italy.

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Parlay Spain and Germany to win. +105 odds give or take. I like it since its more likely to happen than not.

cleaveland

(In the ominous voice of the architect): One down, one to go.

Prime Sports
    Prime Sports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Like the last Euro (2008) Spain and Germany will made the final, IMO.

But this time, Germany will win. IMO, this type of game that Spain is playing, passing and let the time running, will not work against Germany.

Germany also knows how to pass the ball, but IMO, they are better on the offense. While Spain pass the ball and don't shoot on goal, Germany pass and shoot a lot!!

Anyway, that's is my opinion.