ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Need help understanding the knockout rd of Euro 2012 (odds)

Never played soccer outside of some random tails.

I however, do not understand what the difference, real or conceptually between the ML and Goals.

For instance:

Jun 23 6209 SPAIN -130 o2-120 -½-130
    2:45 PM 6210 FRANCE +385 u2EV +½+110
    2:45 PM 6211 Draw +245

Alright, In the ML situation, you have the option of a draw (obviously in a knockout rd, the draw means at the end of 90+injury time). In the Goals situation, you have no option to play draw, and are laying a whole half point (Spain) for the same odds. What is the benefit of grabbing the goals, if it does not include the entire game, i.e. all the way to PK's if necessary?

I understand the concepts in matches that aren't forced to decide a winner, and in fact end in draws. However, that is not the case in the knockout stages.

Is it possible, (although I think this might give a severe edge to the player), that the Goals play does in fact mean the entire match - all the way to PK's if necessary? That just seems unlikely the case.

Lookin' for some insight. If I am not making my question clear, please let me know and I will try to reword.

Cuse4tw
    Sharp Square
    Cuse4tw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

It's so u can bet the underdog and get the hook

Cuse4tw
    Sharp Square
    Cuse4tw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

The only bet that will count pks and extra time is the to advance bet
    Points Awarded:

ChalkyDog gave Cuse4tw 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ChalkyDog

Ok, so playing the Spain -.5 -130 is 100% retarded, and is there for fukking morons.

tukkk
    ★★★★★
    tukkk's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Ok, so playing the Spain -.5 -130 is 100% retarded, and is there for fukking morons.
    Spain -0.5 is the same as Spain ML

sometimes books have a few cents different lines on them due to automatically adjusting to bets, so if you are aware of that, you can get a little bit more

illisdre
    illisdre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    I would consider it .. "an Extra Challenge"

ChalkyDog

Thanks gents.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

You will also find Spain -.25 which would be nice too but Im sure the juic would be a bit higher. So taking the fav on the -.25 wouldnt be a dumb bet since a draw would only lose you half your stake. You pay for the insurance with higher juice.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by LostBankroll View Post
    You will also find Spain -.25 which would be nice too but Im sure the juic would be a bit higher. So taking the fav on the -.25 wouldnt be a dumb bet since a draw would only lose you half your stake. You pay for the insurance with higher juice.
    Sorry pal. Explain that. Lose half my stake?

Regulation ends in a draw. Say I the line is -.25 -150 or -.5 -130 . I play $150 to win $100 and $130 to win $100 respectively

How is each wager graded? I assume both are a loss, correct?

illisdre

I don't play handicaps much.
    but i never liked the .25s ..
    I think basicly it is two bets
    half your bet is at -.5
    the other half is at 0, in otherwords a draw is possible

why not just place two bets, or pick which option is better. but im kinda rookie on it

illisdre

I want to see more discussion on Spain France.
    Im surprised everyone is being a sucker for Spain. Im expecting France to be a tough opponent.

ChalkyDog

The under matched team, which we have to assume France is in this matchup, has packed it in regularly, and tried to play for PK's. As a result, there has been some amazing value on the draw.

With that said, I cannot speak to France's style of play - or Spain's for that matter.

Would love to get some insight from some Soccer heads.

LostBankroll

A draw wouldnt be too far off on this match... Spain found their ways against Ireland but struggled against the Croats and France forwards are shit this tourney... Draw could be likely. As for the .25 and .75 bets... Say for instance you see O/U 2.75.. you think itll go over 2.5 so you pick the O2.75 this way if it hits 3 then you would win half and push half cause it landed on 3.. same with the .25s whether it be a total or handicap. Use this to your advantage but if you seek help as to when to place these bets then dont worry about it too much since youll be betting for giggles anyways...
    Points Awarded:

ChalkyDog gave LostBankroll 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

I'm not sure this is really cleared up 11 posts in
    -.5 and ML are the same and apply for 90mins+stoppage (regulation) only in every game at any stage
    OT/PKs come after 90+stop in a tied knocout game, have no part of regulation bets
    To advance prop bet is the outright winner regulation+OT/PKs
    Points Awarded:

ChalkyDog gave Sunde91 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ChalkyDog

Think I am catching on here. Really appreciate it gents.

Baseball is shit, and I actually enjoy watching soccer - especially at this level.

I have played the draw a few times so far, and am + as a result, might put a few coins on it.

Gonna look into the Spain to Advance odds.

LostBankroll

You can find decent LIVE in game markets for soccer of ALL LEVELS at youwager.eu the juice varies but you wont find a better selection for live in play soccer if you are a US player..

ChalkyDog

I am currently not on that book. I mainly track live on bookmaker. I have been over there since forever.

Starting to get into live betting, and haven't even thought about that for this game. Good call!

LostBankroll

Bookmaker is shit for soccer... I couldnt even think about betting it LIVE at BM the value you lose would be horrible.. Id say deposit 25 into YW to test it out and youll see that it will be a solid tool for you in the future... No joke YW is the shit for live soccer if you are in the US. Otherwise its 5d all day for soccer

ChalkyDog

I have an account at 5 dimes, but never really liked their live format. I'll probably compare the two for this game. I could easily see myself depositing into YW, but have to look into it a bit more.

LostBankroll

What Im saying is... that as far as soccer is concerned period.... 5D is the BEST book for soccer if you are a US player... It has decent LIVE offerings but nothing close to YW offerings on LIVE markets... The only thing you give up at YW when placing a LIVE bet on soccer is juice but it isnt that far off from other books but in return you get to bet live Italy d2 games,euros,lower leagues etc...so its a fair trade is you ask me.. The only other book to come close to offer as many games live would be BetOnline but ofcourse Id recommend playing at YW before BOL. All of this said is if you are in the US otherwise go play at betfair pinny etc... As far as BM and DSI donot play there just dont... For once their limits on soccer arent even that great and the juice is BY FAR the highest in the industry when compared to other books offering the same bets. So basically... 5d > YW > BOL for soccer all other books I wouldnt even waste my time on...

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Glad you are enjoying the soccer. More people need to come around like ChalkyDog

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

every soccer tournament has penalties knockouts .

Pick the team with the better goalkeeper (Casillas , Buffon )

Spain on Penalties = +1200

Italy on Penalties = +900

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6434

LostBank, thanks for the info on youwager, have to check them out.