lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Greece/ Germany game talk

Lovin the under.

Greece's defense will clear the ball all game, and won't be blown out..

Any opinions? I've lost 3 soccer bets in a row so i could be wrong

Greece ML? Germany -1.5? So many options, so little time

BigTimeWinner
    BigTimeWinner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hitler -1.5 is the play here

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Greece defence maybe clearing balls but are they good enough to stop a good team like Germany?

The front 4 of Gomez, Ozil, Muller, Podolski all have very good off the ball movement, I'm not so sure if Greece will be able to stop them from scoring

Imo, this is the the only q-finals with the highest chance of over 2.5 goals.

nikeee
    nikeee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 426

Germany!

Dfjay9
    Dfjay9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3196

Germany isnt a spain or brazil that play with speed. If you've seen their games, they pass to get the open man. They win handily. Once they get an early one, the game will open up (similar to the Czechs playing 7 man defense and then 3-4 after giving up a goal today)

nyyanks773
    nyyanks773's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

Greece sucks they can only score on a set piece their only chance for a win is in penalties or a 1-0 win which won't happen

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

I agree with the guy on ESPN that said if Germany scores in the first 20 minutes this game could end up 5-0 since Greece will have to try to attack. Greece will be playing for the 0-0 tie and try to get it to PK

Raven66
    Raven66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 685

If Greece gets it to 0-0 halftime.....they would really get the Germans frustrated.

vasilli07

Germany is normally involved in some high scoring matches in the ko stage.

Euro 08
    v Portugal - won 3-2
    v Turkey - won 3-2
    v Spain - lost 1-0

WC 10
    v England - won 4-1
    v Argentina - won 4-0
    v Spain - lost 1-0
    v Uruguay - won 3-2
    Last edited by vasilli07; 06-21-12 at 09:26 PM.

tukkk
    ★★★★★
    tukkk's Avatar Become A Pro!

imo there is value in 1st half under, second half can obviously get messy as the pace is so high

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Greece could drop 10 men back to try and play for the shootout. But I can't see them shutting out a Germany team that has won every match in the Group of Death. Greece only scored on Russia off the flukiest of flukes where half the Russian team was practically already running to the locker room or halftime. Germany takes it home.

moshi
    moshi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3525

Germany is the only team who has won all their matches so far....

hitman09
    hitman09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Greece will attack in the first 5-10 mins of the match, if they can't get anything, they will park the bus. Even they score, they still do it.

Low scoring game for me. Flip coin and pray for the Germans bad luck tomorrow just like the final champion league.

romaldinho88
    romaldinho88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

Quote Originally Posted by hitman09 View Post
    Greece will attack in the first 5-10 mins of the match, if they can't get anything, they will park the bus. Even they score, they still do it.

Low scoring game for me. Flip coin and pray for the Germans bad luck tomorrow just like the final champion league.
    ha, greece dont have a player of the calibre of Salomon Kalou never mind Drogba,Cech and co.
    low scoring has a chance,Germans can dictate play sitting on a 2-0 lead.cant see Greece scoring for the life of me..
    Russia 80% of ball 21 shots on goal,couldnt score and never looked like scoring...Germans have way more quality in all areas than Russia,lightning wont strike twice
    2-0 or 3-0 so under 2.5 may be worth it,more value is Gomez anytime scorer

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

Quote Originally Posted by hitman09 View Post

I am concidering putting down 3500 to win 1k on Germany but don't know much about about soccer. I bet other sports but i've done some research and everything i have read indicates this is a complete mismatch. I don't mind laying that kind of juice(I do it all the time on MMA fights) but the 0-0 score concerns me. When you say greece will "park the bus", do you mean they will go into a defensive shell? And if so, just how difficult, generally speaking, is it to score on a team employing this tactic? Any insight would be appcreciated.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by dww123 View Post
    I am concidering putting down 3500 to win 1k on Germany but don't know much about about soccer. I bet other sports but i've done some research and everything i have read indicates this is a complete mismatch. I don't mind laying that kind of juice(I do it all the time on MMA fights) but the 0-0 score concerns me. When you say greece will "park the bus", do you mean they will go into a defensive shell? And if so, just how difficult, generally speaking, is it to score on a team employing this tactic? Any insight would be appcreciated.
    Greece has enough of a chance to keep the score at 0-0 that it is not worth risking 3500 unless you can afford to lose it. I think germany will win, but I wouldn't bet 3500 on it. Gomez to score for Germany is a good bet In my opinion, and it pays better than Germany ML so you won't have to risk as much.

vasilli07

Quote Originally Posted by dww123 View Post
    If a team is disciplined enough to keep their defensive shape or 'park the bus' well, it's certainly possible for a team not to concede. Greece won the Euros in 04 with a very defensive style of football.

In football, nothing is impossible.

tukkk
    ★★★★★
    tukkk's Avatar Become A Pro!

Greece has one of the best defences
    Only positive aspect is that Karagounis is out, however how big effect will it have?

romaldinho88
    romaldinho88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

yes it means they will have 7 or 8 men behind the ball for the majority of the game,hoping to absorb pressure while the germans enjoy large amount of possession of the ball,,it worked for them last game winning 1-0,but that was more to the Russians poor play in the final third attacking. Germans are a far superior side to the Russians though and are definitely in the top 2 or 3 teams in the world whilst Greece are one of the shocks to make it this far.
    Biggest mismatch on paper in a major competition in recent memory but the game isnt won there,however i strongly fancy the Germans.
    As for the "park the bus" tactic its hard to say as it depends on the qaulity of defending and attacking from each team on a given night.. but the Germans have scored in every game so far against much stronger opposition, 1 v Portugal,2 v Holland and 2 v Denmark.
    think your bet is a safe play, Germans have too much quality but anything can happen in this game,however unlikely it may seem.
    Im on the Germans myself on a 2team parlay from Portugal winning tonight,BOL

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

given the nature of these international tourneys, the last thing im going to do is bet the 1x2 fav

greece does have a resilient team, they don't freak out when down a goal

dww123
    dww123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

Great insight. Think i'll be pulling the trigger

birdman24
    birdman24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15432

Germany ML is free money!!!!

snip3r2006
    snip3r2006's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21

so mutch trash in here ... germany 3 greece 0

pls americans ... stop talking about a sport u dont understand ("Greece has one of the best defences" ??? omg)
    this is a 1st league team against a 3rd league team .... easy win

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by snip3r2006 View Post

pls americans ... stop talking about a sport u dont understand ("Greece has one of the best defences" ??? omg)
    just cause you wipe your ass with your bare hand doesn't mean you know more about soccer

third world trash

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I'm American but I actually understand the sport better than most non-american's on the forum do. However, I gotta agree with this guy about whoever said Greece has one of the best defenses. Is that some sort of joke? lol. Anyways, Greece could keep it close but it's not likely.

Gndias
    Gndias's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2596

greece not to score looks nice

snip3r2006
    snip3r2006's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21

Quote Originally Posted by NittanyLionsFan View Post
    I'm American but I actually understand the sport better than most non-american's on the forum do. However, I gotta agree with this guy about whoever said Greece has one of the best defenses. Is that some sort of joke? lol. Anyways, Greece could keep it close but it's not likely.

ok forget the american stuff .. i like most of u in here on sbr ... but allot of the soccer cappers talk so mutch bullshit ... im sorry ... im betting soccer fpr over 15years now... and most of the stuff in here is just luck betting and has nothing to do with capping a sport with longterm winnings ... BOL@all

Le_Donk
    In the Zone
    Le_Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1080

HT/Fulltime
    germany/germany -111

looks nice

vasilli07

Quote Originally Posted by Gndias View Post
    greece not to score looks nice
    Agree with this. I'm going for Germany to score only.

Avala7ch3
    Avala7ch3's Avatar Become A Pro!

Germany vs Greece (+1.5 and +2) @ 1.725

Harun
    Harun's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got 6,5 over corner for germany , greece will do full defense at this match

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NittanyLionsFan View Post
    only thing grease will keep close is ozil's dick to their holes.

germany is going to power top these GREEKS 3-0

nyyanks773
    nyyanks773's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

Like mentioned previously, Greece will be lucky to get 1 ... They were lucky to advance from a shit group and they are not very good. Of course, in tournament play anything is possible. The only way Greece wins is parking the bus and somehow nicking a goal, 1-1 or 0-0 going to OT, PK's, this under the assumption that Germany will not score. Germany will score, much more quality than this joke Greece squad. If Germany get one in the first half or even before 60' it will certainly open up and Germans will have the ability to cover the -1.5. -350, -360 a lot of juice but certainly the Germans should outclass the greeks fairly easily.

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Yeah we don't understand why you euro-trash fall on the floor crying when a shoelace touches your baby toe.

Linngari
    Update your status
    Linngari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7688

This is the only game of the quarter finals that I'm not looking forward to watching. Greece has no chance of an upset today. Im taking Germany -1.5 and OZIL to score anytime. He's been looking sharp so far and I think he represents better value than Gomez. BOL

12 Last