thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

group c advancement scenarios

spain (4) -- advance with win or draw (draw would likely clinch group winner). advance with loss and italy not winning, would be eliminated with loss and italy win.

croatia (4) -- advance with win. advance with draw and italy nonwin. also advance on a draw if italy do not win by at least 2 goals or overcome them in total goals (croatia currently leads 4-2). advance on a loss if italy doesnt win as well.

italy (2) -- advance with win and nondraw in the other game. advance over croatia with a win of over 3 goals or more and a croatia draw or a 2 goal win in which they surpass them in goals scored (currently a minus 2 in that category). eliminated with anything besides a win.

ireland are out.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

thanks for the info.. might take the italians -2 for the heck of it .. maybe get lucky

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

If Italy wins 3-1(just as Croatia did against Ireland) and the other game ends in a 1-1 tie Italy and Croatia would have identical goal differential and goals scored. Tie break would be decided by position in the UEFA national team coefficient ranking system.

Spain 43.116
    Italy 34.357
    Croatia 33.003

Italy goes through it would seem. I think this puts lots of pressure on Italy to score and they will be very aggressive. I also like their chances to advance, they should win and possibly get the 3-1 or possibly 3-0, even if they don't I think Spain will take the other match. Anyone have thoughts on what good odds for Italy to qualify should be?
    Last edited by odog11; 06-17-12 at 10:58 PM.

BigTimeWinner
    BigTimeWinner's Avatar Become A Pro!

IF spain wins by 1-0, a 1-0 win for italy will get them through as well ... very tricky games indeed, i might bet only on the spain - croatia match