zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

HUGE soccer game tomrrow. Holland vs Germany. Holland loses they are out

whats the play????

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I like the OVER 2.5.....Expect high intensity and a faster pace match IMO. Netherlands will have to open it up and go all out if they go down early as well

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

orange

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Holland PK

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1461

Nobody will score 0-0 tie

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Germany pk -127. Don't waste money on holland. They usually choke in tourneys. 2010 wcup was a rare exception. Germans will be happy with a draw but holland has to be careful here.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Save your money, the best wager was on the futures markets with germany and russia to win their groups. These lines are awful right now and these national teams are impossible to read. I like portugal pk and germany pk but there is no value in these lines. Holland looked horrible against Denmark but they certainly have the talent to get a draw at the very least here.

Portugal pk (parlay) or ml
    Last edited by gregm; 06-13-12 at 12:32 AM.

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Don't think German plays for a draw.

Although all hypothetical, if Portugal beats Denmark and Germany only draws then that leaves them in a position where the group is still up for grabs and they need to win the last game.

Think they play for the win and guarantee they pass.

Would be interesting to see Holland and Portugal win. That would leave the entire group at 3 points and make the final games (Father's Day) that much more interesting.

SlickRick1382

Think Portugal pk is the play tomorrow. They have to win to stay in contention. Despite shortcomings at time they're still a strong group and have done well past few tournaments always making it out of their group.

They have the talent to beat Denmark and will have to go balls out. Anything less than a win and they're chances of advancing are slim to none ...

lakerboy

Agree germans don't play for draws but they might have to settle for one here. They should beat danes in last game.

lakerboy

Books seem to be inviting german money.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Germany pk -127. Don't waste money on holland. They usually choke in tourneys. 2010 wcup was a rare exception. Germans will be happy with a draw but holland has to be careful here.
    dumb question. I hardly ever bet soccer. when i have its just been for betpoints and fun. if you take the pk at -133 and they draw you push correct? as opposed to if you took the +150, they draw, you lose

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

picking both sides again

SlickRick1382

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    dumb question. I hardly ever bet soccer. when i have its just been for betpoints and fun. if you take the pk at -133 and they draw you push correct? as opposed to if you took the +150, they draw, you lose

That is correct

SlickRick1382

Going to have to retract my Portugal PK. Didn't notice it was at -292

Will most likely go ML at -115 as I don't see Portugal losing this game.

SlickRick1382

Don't think they're inviting Germany money as much as they're respecting Holland. This is last WC's runner-up. A dangerous team who after losing 1-0 to Denmark should come out for blood. You also have a Germany squad who didn't look all that impressive against Portugal in the 1st game. That game could of easily been a draw or even worse, a loss. Portugal just couldn't convert easy chances....

If I'm not mistaken I also think Germany got through a long season as many of their players played in the Champions League. They have some extra miles on them this season. Could be a reason ....

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

wouldn't even call it an exception considering they didn't show up for that final that game was an embarassment.

also wouldn't shock me if they go scoreless this tourney the bad vibe from the denmark loss i think is still going strong this is a team in disarray coaching blunders etc. , a 0-0 draw wouldn't shock me at all i was going to go heavy on them before the tourney had no cash now looks like i caught a break

russiaboss
    russiaboss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

Draw

GL

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Excuse my ignorance when it comes to soccer handicapping, but what's the difference between PK and ML? Thx

bureK
    OKCity
    bureK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

Gona go with the draw here

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    Excuse my ignorance when it comes to soccer handicapping, but what's the difference between PK and ML? Thx
    ML is the standard straight up play for the team to win. PK, means push if the game ends in a draw.

Lookingtostart
    Lookingtostart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4542

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    PK is same as draw no bet, if it's a draw you get your money back. With ML, if it's a draw, you loose you're money, it must be a win. Something to take note; ML usuall has higher juice, ML is the same as -0.5. With rec bookies, if the line is -0.5, you will notice that there is less juice on that than the ML, even though they're the same thing! I would stay away from ML for this reason, asian's always better value. But as always, calculate it yourself and see.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Although I am german, I was never much into this big rivalry between our 2 countries. Honestly, I've always admired the way of football the team of the Netherlands stands for. But today I think they are losing.
    Germany wasn't looking good against Portugal, and they are not in their best form as of now. BUT, the Netherlands looked like shit against Denmark. They blew chances over chances and defensely they were wide open like a barn door. Germany had problems against Portugal, because Portugal didn't leave them much room. It's a problem that's mainly created, because of the many players from Munich in the german team. They don't seem to have enough ideas with their general idea of keeping the ball against a team that plays tight defense. Özil could be the player to have these ideas, but he didn't against Portugal. Schweinsteiger is the main problem in the german midfield right now, because he is in REALLY bad form, physically absolutely not fit at all, and he never has any sharp ideas anyway. If Löw had played with Gündogan or Kroos instead of Schweinsteiger, and Schürrle or Reus instead of Podolski and Klose instead of Gomez, we would have seen a much much better german team than we did against Portugal. Gomez is a pure scorer, but he can't PLAY with the team. That's widely critized in Germany.
    But against the Netherlands, Gomez is the perfect man in front. The dutch need this win badly. Even a draw, would be deadly for them. And Germany has the skills and the players to use this to their advantage. It's a perfect matchup for them, because their opponent will have to open up. And once the time comes, that they do open up, it's deadly for them. Germany has the perfect players to show absolutely great counterattacks. And they have the guys in front that can use them.
    I am expecting a 3:1 win for Germany right now. But I'll have to wait until it's closer to game time to see the exact line-up Löw decides to create.
    Good luck for all of you on todays games!
    Points Awarded:

SlickRick1382 gave zizoudane10 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Good odds on Holland, I think they have a chance here.

If Portugal wins they'll be happy with a tie.

Harun
    Harun's Avatar Become A Pro!

I will take both teams score , waiting 1-1 or 1-2 germany wins

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

germans know a draw is good enough.

Loola
    Loola's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 596

2-1 germany... best bet is "both to score" imo

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

from the way the lines are set up porto wins on the spread, germany draw.....

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Both teams to score, over 9.5 corners.

sweepem
    sweepem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14221

Take the over. All 4 dutch defender are worthless.

2-1 or 3-1 for Germany.

shantystar
    shantystar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 117

gl.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Gotta wait yo see what lineup Bert puts out

zoo youk

though I dont know much about soccer the more and more I am reading about this game and opinions from people I respect it seems as if the best play is over 2.5 goals.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Van Bommel/De Jong to be shown a card are probably the smart plays

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Bert is a pussy....again he play that karate master De Jong

I still am going to take a flyer on Holland ML and Over 2.5 @ even

123 Last