Vreston
    Vreston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6451

Vreston's Euro 2012 Thread

Hi everyone!
    It's been four years and it's Euro time again.

I didn't post very often in my soccer thread this year, but the games I did post were pretty good. Hopefully this Euro will make us some money and provide a good spectacle for everyone.

So lets get things going.

My bets will be from bet365 as always unless otherwise stated.

Group A

Poland - Greece
    Pick: Greece @ 4.00
    Pick 2: 1st half injury time 1 minute @ 1.44

A lot of people are on Poland since they are co-hosts. Greece is being very underestimated here. My first thought was to go with the under 2.5, but that had only 1.44 odds. Instead I took the 1st half injury time to be 1 minute. This is a bet that hits a huge percentage of the time so why not get paid even though it's only at 1.44?
    Also Greece was the European Champions in 2004 and they have a strong and dependable team. They have gone undefeated for around 20 games (I'm not sure exactly at the moment) and most of their games have been under 2.5 goals. The 4.00 odds are just too tempting and I'll take my chances. I might lose, but if I get paid it will be sweet.

Russia - Czech Republic
    Pick: Russia @ 2.40

Russia is the favorite for the win. At midfield they are quite dangerous and I don't think the young Czech team will win even though they have Peter Czech at goal.

Vreston

Quote Originally Posted by Vreston View Post
    Hi everyone!
    It's been four years and it's Euro time again.

I didn't post very often in my soccer thread this year, but the games I did post were pretty good. Hopefully this Euro will make us some money and provide a good spectacle for everyone.

So lets get things going.

My bets will be from bet365 as always unless otherwise stated.

Group A

Poland - Greece
    Pick: Greece @ 4.00 - Loss (1-1)
    Pick 2: 1st half injury time 1 minute @ 1.44 - Loss
    A lot of people are on Poland since they are co-hosts. Greece is being very underestimated here. My first thought was to go with the under 2.5, but that had only 1.44 odds. Instead I took the 1st half injury time to be 1 minute. This is a bet that hits a huge percentage of the time so why not get paid even though it's only at 1.44?
    Also Greece was the European Champions in 2004 and they have a strong and dependable team. They have gone undefeated for around 20 games (I'm not sure exactly at the moment) and most of their games have been under 2.5 goals. The 4.00 odds are just too tempting and I'll take my chances. I might lose, but if I get paid it will be sweet.

Russia - Czech Republic
    Pick: Russia @ 2.40 - Won (4-1)

Russia is the favorite for the win. At midfield they are quite dangerous and I don't think the young Czech team will win even though they have Peter Czech at goal.
    I could almost taste the victory in the Poland-Greece game, but it turned out I was unlucky there. Greece had a blocked penalty and a goal that was not allowed because of an offside that wasn't. Man, those odds were sweet. Too bad.

Russia though brought home the bread with their victory. An experienced team with a lot of talent. They could go far.

Vreston

For today I'm on:

Group B

Holland - Denmark
    Pick: Holland @ 1.75

Holland with Robben, Sneijder and Van Persie are like fire. I think they have what it takes to be in the final and this first game is a must win situation for them if they want to get anywhere in this difficult group against the theoretically weaker Denmark.

*For riskier players there is Netherlands -0.5, -1 @ 2.050 Asian Handicap.

Germany - Portugal
    Pick: Germany @ 2.20

I know Portugal has some good players, but I don't think they're as good a "team" as they are units. Germany as always is a very disciplined team that works together like a machine. They're getting good odds and I'll take my chances here.

Vreston

My pick for the 1st game for today in the Euro is:

Group C

Spain - Italy
    Pick: Spain @ 1.75

With Spain's lineup they're going for the record in ball possession!
    Italy is always a power to be respected, but I truly believe Spain has the better team and they know that the beginning is half of everything. They want the win and they want to stay on top.

Vreston

For today I'm on:

Group B

Holland - Denmark
    Pick: Holland @ 1.75 - Loss (0-1)

Holland with Robben, Sneijder and Van Persie are like fire. I think they have what it takes to be in the final and this first game is a must win situation for them if they want to get anywhere in this difficult group against the theoretically weaker Denmark.

*For riskier players there is Netherlands -0.5, -1 @ 2.050 Asian Handicap.

Germany - Portugal
    Pick: Germany @ 2.20 - Won (1-0)

I know Portugal has some good players, but I don't think they're as good a "team" as they are units. Germany as always is a very disciplined team that works together like a machine. They're getting good odds and I'll take my chances here.
    Holland sent A LOT of people to the garbage. They had a lot of chances, but couldn't capitalize on any.
    Germany took care of business and got me my money back and more.

Vreston

My pick for the 1st game for today in the Euro is:

Group C

Spain - Italy
    Pick: Spain @ 1.75 - Loss (1-1)

With Spain's lineup they're going for the record in ball possession!
    Italy is always a power to be respected, but I truly believe Spain has the better team and they know that the beginning is half of everything. They want the win and they want to stay on top.
    I shouldn't have underestimated Italy...

Vreston

Group D

Ukraine - Sweden
    Pick 1: Over 2.5 @ 2.20

Pick 2: Ukraine @ 2.62

Vreston

Group D

Ukraine - Sweden
    Pick 1: Over 2.5 @ 2.20 - Won (2-1)

Pick 2: Ukraine @ 2.62 - Won (2-1)
    It was great the way Ukraine turned that game around and got the win. Also all 3 goals were scored in the second half.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Good job

Vreston

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Good job
    Thanks man. It felt good to get those especially the way the game turned around.

Vreston

Back to Group A today for game 2.

Greece - Czech Republic
    Pick: Greece @ 3.40

Greece is still being very underestimated. With the exception of Peter Czech at goal I think Greece has a good chance here and at 3.40 odds I'll take my chances like I did the first game against Poland.

Poland - Russia
    Pick: Russia @ 2.40

Vreston

Back to Group A today for game 2.

Greece - Czech Republic
    Pick: Greece @ 3.40 - Loss (1-2)
    Greece is still being very underestimated. With the exception of Peter Czech at goal I think Greece has a good chance here and at 3.40 odds I'll take my chances like I did the first game against Poland.

Poland - Russia
    Pick: Russia @ 2.40 - Loss (1-1)
    Well gave it back with these two losses. Greece was a risky one and I knew it. Again a goal was disallowed as offside when it wasn't. Russia surprised me. They seemed to give up toward the end. Anyway hope things turn around again.

Vreston

I've been away for a couple of days so here we go for today's games.

Portugal - Netherlands
    Pick 1: Netherlands @ 2.50
    Pick 2: Over 2.5 @ 1.82

The Netherlands haven't won a game yet, but if they win today and Denmark loses they probably will finish 2nd in their group and advance if I'm not mistaken. I don't really trust Portugal so I'll go with the Netherlands here.

Denmark - Germany
    Pick: Denmark @ 7.00 (small bet, but...)

I played Greece in the previous games knowing they were being underestimated and then didn't play them yesterday and they went and beat the favorites to advance Russia @ 5.5! You never know.

Vreston

I've been without a PC for a while now because of technical problems. I'm posting from a friend's pc at the moment.
    For tonight I'm on:

Portugal - Spain

Pick1 : Spain @ 1.95
    Pick 2: Over 2.5 @ 2.50

BOL!

Vreston

I've been away for a couple of days so here we go for today's games.

Portugal - Netherlands
    Pick 1: Netherlands @ 2.50 - Loss (2-1)
    Pick 2: Over 2.5 @ 1.82 - Won (2-1)

The Netherlands haven't won a game yet, but if they win today and Denmark loses they probably will finish 2nd in their group and advance if I'm not mistaken. I don't really trust Portugal so I'll go with the Netherlands here.

Denmark - Germany
    Pick: Denmark @ 7.00 (small bet, but...) - Loss (1-2)

I played Greece in the previous games knowing they were being underestimated and then didn't play them yesterday and they went and beat the favorites to advance Russia @ 5.5! You never know.
    I was surprised that the Netherlands couldn't pull off a win or even a draw in this tournament. Also I thought Denmark had a chance and was worth a small bet at those odds. They looked promising at some point though.

Vreston

I've been without a PC for a while now because of technical problems. I'm posting from a friend's pc at the moment.
    For tonight I'm on:

Portugal - Spain

Pick1 : Spain @ 1.95 - Loss (0-0 regular time 0-1)
    Pick 2: Over 2.5 @ 2.50 - Loss (0-0 regular time 0-1)

BOL!
    I'm pretty disappointed because I've lost two bets because of extra time even though I picked the right winner. One was Spain and the other was Italy against England the night before. Italy had so many chances to score in regular time too. I guess that's the breaks though.