sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Euro's Check-in: $11 for a fukkin beer!!!

OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

By Scott Stump
    It has become a staple of every major event, and the London Olympics are no different.
    While sports spectators are creating lasting memories, they are also usually paying eye-opening prices for beverages. This summer, a beer at the London Olympics will cost $11.10 a pint, while a small serving of London 2012 wine will set you back $7.37, according to a sample menu unveiled by the London Organizing Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
    The venues will also be offering a sampling of traditional British fare, from fish and chips ($12.29) to porridge ($3.38) to “freshly carved Dingley Dell hog roasted Red Tractor pork, served in Oxfordshire cross hatched bread roll with mixed leaf salad and assorted accompaniments” for $9.98. For those looking for non-alcoholic beverages, a bottle of Coca-Cola will run you $3.53 while a bottle of water will cost $2.46.
    The announcement of the beer prices caused some grumbling online ("Just to add to the indignity," pointed out the New York Times, "the only beer sold at the events will be a Heineken, a Dutch beer"), but organizers claim that they are no more exorbitant than they are at other major events. London 2012 chief executive Paul Deighton told The Telegraph of London that organizers have “gone to great lengths’’ to find “high quality, tasty food that celebrates the best of Britain,’’ and that the prices were “more than comparable’’ to the costs at other major sporting events.
    More than 14 million meals will be served during the games across 40 locations, with more than 800 spectator concessions featuring 150 different dishes, according to the LOCOG. The focus was on a family of four being able to afford a meal for under $61.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6302

Hell, dude, $11 for a 16oz beer? When's the last time you went to an NFL game (any pro sport, really) or a concert in the states. Been that much forever. And we still buy it.

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

Nasty...I wouldn't drink that Skunk Piss Water if someone gave it to me let alone pay $11 for it....Gross.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

would think that since they made the comment about "family" that high beer costs might have been put in place to discourage people from getting stupid drunk...that and a guess is that any type of olympic games is considered more important than other sporting event

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

10 years from now....

"Hey Bartender, I'd like a Heineken!"

-- "That'll be $25 for the cold one. You like anything else, mate?"

camelbreath$
    camelbreath$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6575

$11 bucks for a 16 ounce Heineken is nothing. I used to sell beers for fun on Sundays at Redskins NFL games with some buddies when I was young, and Miller Lite and Bud Light were $8 for a 12 ounce bottle, and people used to get so pissed drunk they would order 4 at a time and hand me a hundred while saying "Keep the change!" If you really wanna get drunk, just drink a bottle of Jack before heading into the stadium and you'll be set for hours

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

Well hopefully the folks paying that will get some quality entertainment

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

Heineken is pure gold compared to what you Yanks drink

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

you want a good beer?? come over to Germany, as much i love the UK , i wouldnt drink that urine they call beer for free , i prefer a bottle of scotish pure malt whiskey anytime

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

yeah beer in places like Germany and Czech Republic are much better than over here in UK

Roy Halladay
    Roy Halladay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

That Phillies beer guy is batshit insane, and was giving me shit for ordering Bud Light instead of Miller Lite from him. He will pay.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

The question here is what do you tip the concession peeps? If its $11.10 a pint do you throw up 12 and just tip $0.90?? Or do you throw up 13 and tip $1.90??

I consider myself a reasonably good tipper but I never paid $11 dollars for some sauce. If your like Mr. Pink you dont fukkin tip'em at all.

So technically I'd be paying $13 bucks for a pint of suds. Unreal.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Do you tip the people at concession stands?

I only tip those guys walking around if I break a $20.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Do you tip the people at concession stands?

I only tip those guys walking around if I break a $20.
    Right on, to clarify I was referring to the beer guys. Not the stands where u have to wait in line. At the stands I might throw some loose change if they have a tip jar on the counter but I always throw the guys walking around a few bucks.....

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

When I was in Paris I ordered a cheese sampler, pork sampler and two tall Leffe.(Good Brew btw)(And they were like 35oz, huge brews)

Tab came... $88 EUROS Funny because it was just me while MmaChicka was out shopping. When MmaChicka came back, I asked her how much she spent, she said like 20Euro... I said, Better go back shopping.. LOL

All in all, Paris was great, but very expensive. $$$

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Get drunk off your piss water PBR before you broke dikk fukk. Problem solved.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Get drunk off your piss water PBR before you broke dikk fukk. Problem solved.
    36degrees.com

tommygun

do people tip in europe?

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    do people tip in europe?
    I highly doubt it...

Either that or they all came together in unison over not tipping in North America because it is just god awful when Europeans sit my section. I know I'm getting nothing to serve them but still have to smile and put up with their shitty accents.

Gndias
    Gndias's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2596

Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post
    I highly doubt it...

Either that or they all came together in unison over not tipping in North America because it is just god awful when Europeans sit my section. I know I'm getting nothing to serve them but still have to smile and put up with their shitty accents.
    you highly don't know much don't most restaurant bill's in n.america include tip?

Cuse4tw
    Sharp Square
    Cuse4tw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Quote Originally Posted by Gndias View Post
    you highly don't know much don't most restaurant bill's in n.america include tip?

uhhh....no?

SBR Chris
    SBR Chris's Avatar Become A Pro!

Costa Rican firewater...aztec booze only $5!
    Last edited by SBR Chris; 06-05-12 at 12:43 PM.

Gndias

damn i am the only european big tipping in the us....i gotta stop that!!!! still London is an expensive city,so those number's are normal.
    Right now i am in Dubai and a damn beer, cost's me almost 15 usd

tommygun

damn i am the only european big tipping in the us....i gotta stop that!!!! still London is an expensive city,so those number's are normal.
    Right now i am in Dubai and a damn beer, cost's me almost 15 usd
    Go to the Yorke hotel for hot russian prostitutes.
    I haven't been there personally, we weren't allowed to go there haha

tommygun

Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post
    I highly doubt it...

I live in the Southern Hemisphere and it is not a normal thing over here having to tip. No one does it.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Go to a game in america

Beer prices crazy

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

I was spending 10 euros a pint in Portugal when I was there in 2004. This was party due to the fact pubs are scarce there and the place was full of "rich" Britons.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Tax in Paris was also like 20%,

But, that's what you get to maintain those 13th century buildings..

Gndias

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post
    I was spending 10 euros a pint in Portugal when I was there in 2004. This was party due to the fact pubs are scarce there and the place was full of "rich" Britons.
    man i am Portuguese born ,and only in high end places you pay that price for a Pint!! The usual is around 1 euro,i got a restaurant there...so you where just big pimpin it over there

"Go to the Yorke hotel for hot russian prostitutes."-i am here with my wife blowing that superbowl money like i promissed her....loool but thanks ,maybe next-time

tommygun

man i am Portuguese born ,and only in high end places you pay that price for a Pint!! The usual is around 1 euro,i got a restaurant there...so you where just big pimpin it over there

"Go to the Yorke hotel for hot russian prostitutes."-i am here with my wife blowing that superbowl money like i promissed her....loool but thanks ,maybe next-time

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    When I was in Paris I ordered a cheese sampler, pork sampler and two tall Leffe.(Good Brew btw)(And they were like 35oz, huge brews)

Tab came... $88 EUROS Funny because it was just me while MmaChicka was out shopping. When MmaChicka came back, I asked her how much she spent, she said like 20Euro... I said, Better go back shopping.. LOL

All in all, Paris was great, but very expensive. $$$

hahaha

but yeah, major cities in Europe are a rip-off. Even places like Prague where I've been twice are getting more expensive now.

tommygun

Welcome to St. Tropez

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Chris View Post
    Costa Rican firewater...aztec booze only $5!

Actualy purchased that when we were down there for the week before the bash. Lol
    Points Awarded:

SBR Chris gave BIGDAY 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Gndias

c'mon yall american guys are acting like everything in europe is expensive...you just gotta know where to eat ,you got the whole www...to search!!!!

i spend 6 weeks a year in Ny and La and its freakin way more expensive,but i know i am going big...if i wanna save ill go to Kfc...

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

The bar I go to has really good beer for around $6 a pint. And when I say really good I mean really good. Should do a vid from there again, the whole place is re-done.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BIGDAY

12 Last