Mr.Kitty
    Update Status
    Mr.Kitty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kitty´s Corner: Liverpool vs. Chelsea Prop Bets

vs.

As we all know these two teams met this past weekend in the FA-cup finale. Chelsea dominated most of the first half and brazilian midfield starlet Ramires put the Blues ahead after only 11´ minutes. This brought the memory back to Liverpool's semi-final where Everton were allowed to dominate the first half but came out as a completely new team in the second half. Like that game Liverpool grew in the second but only after Chelsea scored an early 2-0 after Drogbas hit.

Carroll came in an boosted the attack with his sheer size and strenght. His energy level and willingness to work hard has been apparent in his last couple of games. It would be almost criminal by Dalglish to not play him from start today together with Suarez. Carroll scored 2-1 after missing a couple of chances. From there on he missed a golden opportunity to equalize when he headed a nice cross in the penalty box but somehow Cech managed to save on the goalline. Carroll to score at +225 and even Carroll to score a header at +800 on Unibet could be nice bets for tonight.

Another player ready to make his impact on todays game is 31 y old Maxi Rodríguez. With two goals in two games against Chelsea this season, the argentine could make it three for three as he is likely to get some minutes today. Currently you can get him to score at around +350.

I expect Liverpool to be more in control of this game compared to last time even tho they only got pride to play for. Chelsea still have a small chance to finish third but then they must win and preferably big. Every game has been important for the Blues and after celebrating their first trophy in a while and the upcoming Champions League Finale it could be hard to re-focus. I believe Di Matteo´s men will lay on counter-attack with Torres in front. The Spaniard has re-gained some confidence after being completely out of form. As a former Liverpool player this match has to be of extraordinary importance to him. Oddsmakers have him at around +200 to score.

Kevin Friend is tonights appointed referee, this season he has been in charge 19 times and handed out 68 yellow cards or on average 3.58 per/game. I can imagine that some Liverpool players are disappointed and angry, which can result in a little hot feelings. Danish international Daniel Agger is usually an emotional player and he was booked last meeting, we get +300 odds on him to recieve another yellow this time around.

For Chelsea are players like Cole, Ivanovic, Terry and Meireles most likely to get booked. Cole will likely be rested but either one of Ivanovic +260, Terry +350, Meireles or Essien could be good bets. These players operate in the middle where Carroll play. He is such a difficult player to face and not having to resort to
    tougher measures in order to stop.

Possible starting XIs

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique, Kuyt, Henderson, Gerrard, Downing, Suarez, Carroll.

Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Essien, Meireles, Sturridge, Malouda, Torre

I will wait for the official lineups before I make any decisions.

Share your own thoughts and plays, GL!

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

This is the staple game for what is a great example of needing to see lineups before a game is capped....anything could be thrown out there for Chelsea...but you know Liverpool will feature best possible XI, that is for sure. Hard to see Chelsea taking anything from this game really.

Mr.Kitty
    Update Status

Carroll to score at +225
    Carroll to score a header at +800 (0.5x)
    Torres to score at +200
    Rodriguez to score at +350

If Carroll scores its most likely with his head. Torres has big motivation to score at his old arena and Rodriguez has had great success against Chelsea.

Ivanovic to recieve a yellow card at +260
    Terry to receive a yellow card at +350

Just counting on either one to hit. Would actually rather bet Essien or Romeu but none of my books offer it. I think there will be some cards in this game unlike the last time and the central players will have a hard time dealing with Carroll. We saw that in the FA-cup finale.

All plays for one unit, nothing big. GL
    Last edited by Mr.Kitty; 05-08-12 at 02:15 PM.

Mr.Kitty
    Update Status

Terry just recieved his yellow and Ivanovic almost got one right after

Mr.Kitty
    Update Status

Ivanovic got his yellow That puts me in the green even if none of the goalscorer bets win

Unfortunate I could not bet on Essien!

Mr.Kitty
    Update Status

Fukk me!!! Agger got booked and I forgot to play him even tho I mentioned him as a good option in my first post. +300 odds winner missed! Hope some of you guys played him

Mr.Kitty
    Update Status

Ended up 2-4 and +2.6 units. It could very well have been more but hey, thats soccer!