jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

650 Million Watched Man U / Man City

3x more than Super Bowl

NfL betting is not even a dot on the map as far as betting and most watched sport

camelbreath$
    camelbreath$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6575

NFL isn't even 2nd. Cricket is. Soccer World Cup finals have nearly 800 million t.v. viewers, and as more Asian and African nations continue to qualify, that will push it to over a billion people viewing by 2014 and beyond. The Super Bowl isn't even a pimple on the ass of the fly who is resting on the elephant that is global soccer t.v. viewership.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

I watched, pal.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

watched and cashed on man city win, made it even better.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

60 million people in the UK.. i find it hard to beieve that half billion people watched an english football match

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

well considering you don't have legalized gambling in the u.s, that is the reason football isnt the largest watched. Bet your ass that if it was legal here and you could do it like in england then football would be the most watched.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

It's still horseshit to watch

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

I wasn't apart of that.

jules11
    WHY ALWAYS ME
    jules11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3075

Worst Man Utd performance in years lol.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Soccer is horrific. Not one ounce of excitement in 90 minutes.
    Points Awarded:

paco gave PickWinnerAllDay 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by camelbreath$ View Post
    NFL isn't even 2nd. Cricket is. Soccer World Cup finals have nearly 800 million t.v. viewers, and as more Asian and African nations continue to qualify, that will push it to over a billion people viewing by 2014 and beyond. The Super Bowl isn't even a pimple on the ass of the fly who is resting on the elephant that is global soccer t.v. viewership.
    The only reason soccer is so popular around the world is that it can be played with a $2 soccer ball on a dirt road. It is horseshit and if all these countries who love soccer had the money, eventually baseball, basketball, football would increase in popularity exponentially.

BigTimeWinner
    BigTimeWinner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jules11 View Post
    Worst Man Utd performance in years lol.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Was one of the worst games I've watched this season

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Soccer is horrific. Not one ounce of excitement in 90 minutes.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

The only reason soccer is so popular around the world is that it can be played with a $2 soccer ball on a dirt road. It is horseshit and if all these countries who love soccer had the money, eventually baseball, basketball, football would increase in popularity exponentially.
    dont be so ridiculously foolish. these sports dont matter everywhere else for the same reason soccer isnt popular in the states, sports are a hand me down.

BigTimeWinner

LOL that is definitely not true, you need a soccer field to play soccer, just like you need a basketball field, or any of the other shit us Americans play. I would much rather watch soccer than all those NBA cry babies not even trying to play well, to the level that they can. At least in soccer, 99% of the players try their best.

I would not even call baseball a sport, its just a bunch of fat people wasting time, 90% of the fans dont even bother to watch the game(unless its "world" series, so thats only about 5% of the games during the season). All they do is eat and have fun, been there done that.

Only real sports in america are american football and hockey, still not as good as soccer. Cheers

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

when soccer players start wearing pads and tackling each other to score more than 1 goal per game, i'll start watching them...

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    dont be so ridiculously foolish. these sports dont matter everywhere else for the same reason soccer isnt popular in the states, sports are a hand me down.
    I don't buy that. Lots of parents sign their little kids up for soccer b/c it is a cheap/easy sport to play. And guess what? 95% of kids hate it and beg their parents not to sign them up the next year and they never play soccer again and they don't become soccer fans.

BigTimeWinner

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    when soccer players start wearing pads and tackling each other to score more than 1 goal per game, i'll start watching them...
    Thats not gonna happen unfortunately, its a sport where you need to use your brain and see where everyone else is, not a lazy sport like baseball, or football where you just pick up the ball and run like a bitc* lol

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by BigTimeWinner View Post
    LOL that is definitely not true, you need a soccer field to play soccer, just like you need a basketball field, or any of the other shit us Americans play. I would much rather watch soccer than all those NBA cry babies not even trying to play well, to the level that they can. At least in soccer, 99% of the players try their best.

I would not even call baseball a sport, its just a bunch of fat people wasting time, 90% of the fans dont even bother to watch the game(unless its "world" series, so thats only about 5% of the games during the season). All they do is eat and have fun, been there done that.

Only real sports in america are american football and hockey, still not as good as soccer. Cheers
    Let me explain to you why this post is stupid.

You don't really need a soccer field to play soccer. You can kick the ball around and put some make shift goals and it is still fine.

You do need a baseball field to play baseball because you need a mound, a fence to signify home runs, a plate, umpires, equipment, baseballs, bats, gloves.

Baseball is a thousand times more expensive to play than soccer. That is just fact. Think about all of the stuff you need.

Secondly, you reference the NBA, that is a LEAGUE... watch college basketball if you want to see 100% effort every game. It is still basketball.

Also, you trash baseball... you're a fool. Baseball is the hardest sport there is... hitting a baseball is truly the hardest thing to do in sports and the guys who play baseball are incredibly athletic... You will reference one fat pitcher like David Wells to make a point... proving you have no point.

MileHigh_Broncos
    MileHigh_Broncos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    well considering you don't have legalized gambling in the u.s, that is the reason football isnt the largest watched. Bet your ass that if it was legal here and you could do it like in england then football would be the most watched.
    There's only 300mil people in the USA. Your reasoning is flawed,.... actually it's complete stupidity. Just because you don't like the sport doesn't mean billions of people around the world love it

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

BigTimeWinner

You don't really need a soccer field to play soccer. You can kick the ball around and put some make shift goals and it is still fine.

You do need a baseball field to play baseball because you need a mound, a fence to signify home runs, a plate, umpires, equipment, baseballs, bats, gloves.

Baseball is a thousand times more expensive to play than soccer. That is just fact. Think about all of the stuff you need.

Secondly, you reference the NBA, that is a LEAGUE... watch college basketball if you want to see 100% effort every game. It is still basketball.

Also, you trash baseball... you're a fool. Baseball is the hardest sport there is... hitting a baseball is truly the hardest thing to do in sports and the guys who play baseball are incredibly athletic... You will reference one fat pitcher like David Wells to make a point... proving you have no point.
    THAT post is the reason why Americans are never going to learn how to play soccer.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

I don't watch much Soccer. But those guys are some of the best actors in the world. Half the time very little contact and they go down like they just been shot amazing.

PickWinnerAllDay

THAT post is the reason why Americans are never going to learn how to play soccer.
    That offers no substance. But if you really think baseball and soccer are comparable cost wise, you are clueless and should leave the thread. You need A LOT of stuff.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    I don't watch much Soccer. But those guys are some of the best actors in the world. Half the time very little contact and they go down like they just been shot amazing.
    Most soccer players are 5''8 140 pounds

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

i dont understand some of the logic used in this thread

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

p.s wasn't going to say anything but what the hey - once again 'pickswinners' trying to preach his intelligence on something when all he's doing is giving a flawed opinion that a 3 year old could've come up with. good job el-pale-o! we are all your students.

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Goes to show most of the world not interested in watching an actual sport

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by showtiime View Post
    p.s wasn't going to say anything but what the hey - once again 'pickswinners' trying to preach his intelligence on something when all he's doing is giving a flawed opinion that a 3 year old could've come up with. good job el-pale-o! we are all your students.
    not a sport. I love every sport but soccer. I've given it a chance... a soccer game can be recapped in 3 seconds showing a replay of the 2-3 goals per game.

MileHigh_Broncos
    MileHigh_Broncos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I love this debate/argument. I've had it many many many times and no one will win or prove either side....BUT.

1) I watch/enjoy/love/gamble on most sports.
    2) Hitting a baseball is not an "athletic" feat in my personal view. To elaborate I do believe hitting a 60MPH baseball is definitely much harder for the average joe to do then almost any other sport (especially the basics of kicking a soccer ball). The hand-eye co-ordination needed to hit a 90mph fastball followed by a change-up is right up there with the hardest feat in sports. (tennis with spins and @ 140mph anyone? cricket?)
    However scoring a goal from 40yds on a world class keeper from a dead ball would yield in 0 goals in 100 tries from the average joe, whilst hitting a pitch from an ace like halladay or 100mph fastball might yield a mere bloop single in 100 tries, maybe :P

3) Essentially it's a wash but again I do respect the hand-eye co-ordination and I have changed my view on baseball being a sport and not just a pass time/un-athletic sport. IT doesn't have the endurance and cardio that I used to deem necessary to be a sport (for example sprinting/running or swimming) but you can not argue it has some world class talent/athletes playing it.

4) And finally so does soccer. The one point I absolutely detest is using the fact that soccer can be played anywhere/anytime as a flaw. That's the one thing about a sport that should be applauded. IF anyone, anywhere can throw off some shirts to make a goal or put up a cardboard box and find a $2 ball (or find some duct tape to make a ball out of garbage! ya that poor and crazy!) to JUST PLAY! That's the true beauty and essence of competitive gamesmanship... aka sports!

Cheers

Coach Potato

if your basing ur opinion on the sport based on what you've seen in the mls then no wonder you feel that way cuz mls is shittttt

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

this was always going to turn into a soccer vs america rant

well done jj

Coach Potato

lol so true, i actually think that part of it is that some americans dont like the fact that soccer is the most popular sport in the world.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh_Broncos View Post
    I love this debate/argument. I've had it many many many times and no one will win or prove either side....BUT.

1) I watch/enjoy/love/gamble on most sports.
    2) Hitting a baseball is not an "athletic" feat in my personal view. To elaborate I do believe hitting a 60MPH baseball is definitely much harder for the average joe to do then almost any other sport (especially the basics of kicking a soccer ball). The hand-eye co-ordination needed to hit a 90mph fastball followed by a change-up is right up there with the hardest feat in sports. (tennis with spins and @ 140mph anyone? cricket?)
    However scoring a goal from 40yds on a world class keeper from a dead ball would yield in 0 goals in 100 tries from the average joe, whilst hitting a pitch from an ace like halladay or 100mph fastball might yield a mere bloop single in 100 tries, maybe :P

3) Essentially it's a wash but again I do respect the hand-eye co-ordination and I have changed my view on baseball being a sport and not just a pass time/un-athletic sport. IT doesn't have the endurance and cardio that I used to deem necessary to be a sport (for example sprinting/running or swimming) but you can not argue it has some world class talent/athletes playing it.

4) And finally so does soccer. The one point I absolutely detest is using the fact that soccer can be played anywhere/anytime as a flaw. That's the one thing about a sport that should be applauded. IF anyone, anywhere can throw off some shirts to make a goal or put up a cardboard box and find a $2 ball (or find some duct tape to make a ball out of garbage! ya that poor and crazy!) to JUST PLAY! That's the true beauty and essence of competitive gamesmanship... aka sports!

Cheers
    You have obviously never played baseball. Throwing 100+ pitches requires very good endurance. In the summer, I'd be chugging water and still sometimes I would have cramps in my arms, legs, oblique during a 6 or 7 inning start. I wasn't a fat kid, weighed like 170 but I would still lose 7-8 pounds pitching a full game during the summer.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

you are stupid and ignorant. in the majority of the soccer loving countries, the other popular sports are cricket, auto-racing, rugby, and golf.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    you are stupid and ignorant. in the majority of the soccer loving countries, the other popular sports are cricket, auto-racing, rugby, and golf.
    It is a terrible sport.

Parents throw their kids in it here and they hate it, never get attached to it, never become fans. Kids in these other countries never play baseball. Never play football. We don't know if they would love it if they played it. We know America hates soccer though, despite it being shoved down kids' throats at a young age.

1234 Last