showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

Quote Originally Posted by camelbreath$ View Post
    I think you will possibly see a few changes from the lineups below, but not many.
    That's fine, we're not talking about playing a completely different team but 1 or 2 changes could be key. I guess more leverage goes toward how Fergie approaches the game. Wouldn't be surprised to see a more defensive line up with so much on the line, keeping in mind Everton just put 4 past them at home so you'd think that will also be in the back of the Scot's mind. I'd say he sacrifices one of the wide men to bring in someone to sure up the middle & give the back four a little more protection. Nani picked up an ankle knock at training & is supposed to be doubtful so Ferguson's hand may be forced in regarding to drafting someone in who works harder in closing people down, this (the Nani injury) could very well be mind games by Fergie but if not & Nani is unavailable I wouldn't be shocked to see someone like Ji-Sung Park come into the starting 11. (Yes he's hardly played this season, but don't forget who Fergie turned to in most of the big games last campaign). Obviously Fletcher is still unavailable so the little Korean may be the next best choice. Hell, it's not beyond the realms of possibility tat despite his good form Wellbeck may have to settle for the bench as Fergie may play Rooney alone up front. Evans was also carrying a knock picked up against Everton (bruised foot) but is expected to play. Wouldn't be surprised to see Sir Alex give Rafael the chop either as his defending against the Toffees last week left a lot to be desired, of course this would probably force Jones into RB so that take that as you may.

Over/under backers obviously a lot will depend on if there's an early goal. Guess that's the chance you take with most games but with the situation as it is if you've backed the over & united score first you will be cheering because City won't be able to die wondering & you'd expect them to play a fairly attacking line up regardless in search of the vital 3 points.

Looking to the result I'd have to have a slight lean towards city, although that isn't said with the greatest amount of confidence & 'experience' may well play a part, the home side have looked a bit all over the place in the majority of the bigger games this season & the fact that Mancini's managerial skills were terrible in most of those games so that may also be a factor. I've personally looked at the goals markets as I can't really see a distinct edge for either side.

spladle08
    spladle08's Avatar Become A Pro!

well yall convinced me... I know shit about soccer, but I am a degenerate so!!!! LETS GO

WagerType: Date: Team: Risking / To Win Ticket#:
    STRAIGHT BET Apr 30 SOC [25037] MAN UNITED o3+120 217.00 USD / 260.00 USD 22034
    STRAIGHT BET Apr 30 SOC [25038] MANCHESTER CITY +110 217.00 USD / 239.00 USD 22035

camelbreath$
    camelbreath$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6575

Manchester United: De Gea; Jones, Smalling, Ferdinand, Evra; Nani, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs, Park; Rooney
    Last edited by camelbreath$; 04-30-12 at 01:31 PM.

camelbreath$

Manchester City: Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy; Yaya Toure, Barry; Silva, Nasri; Tevez, Aguero
    Last edited by camelbreath$; 04-30-12 at 01:31 PM.

showtiime
    Update your status

Camels where you getting those line ups, completely different to what I've just seen (united), I know you can't post links but maybe spell it out?

camelbreath$

City's came from official City twitter.

Manchester City FC ‏ @MCFC MCFC team to face #MUFC: Hart, Zabaleta, Clichy, Kompany (c), Lescott, Barry, Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Tevez, Aguero

camelbreath$

Manchester United is also official from Barclay's Premier League Twitter:

Manchester United starting line-up: De Gea, Ferdinand, Jones, Evra, Smalling, Giggs, Nani, Carrick, Park, Scholes, Rooney.

showtiime
    Update your status

Just checked a couple of sources so no idea where you're getting those. (edit: it seems you've now edited the United line up, don't tease the guys who have the over like that!)

Anyway, well there you go, Park is brought in for Wellbeck & Valencia left on the bench & Giggs coming in, looks like Evans hasn't recovered from the knock so smalling/jones partners Rio in defence.

Very defensive line up for United as you'd expect with so much on the line, a draw essentially clinches the title for them anyway so there was no need to try go out all guns blazing. Looking at the line up leaning more towards a slight home win but who knows?

camelbreath$

Very defensive lineup for Man United. Subs (from ESPN)

Man City Subs: Pantilimon, Richards, Milner, Dzeko, Kolarov, De Jong, Balotelli.
    Man Utd Subs: Amos, Berbatov, Hernandez, Young, Welbeck, Rafael Da Silva, Valencia.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Lineup looks good.

My Man C bet in.

NotSammySosa
    Writing blank checks to banks
    NotSammySosa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

looks like Man U is planning on getting its offense through counter attacking. a bit defensive. wonder what happens if they go a goal down.

MCherry281
    MCherry281's Avatar Become A Pro!

Over 2.5 for me. I think City wins but over seems like a better play.

camelbreath$

I truly don't understand how a knocked Nani gets the start over Valencia...

soul786
    soul786's Avatar Become A Pro!

Match getting underway, this should be a good one. BOL to all the wagers

showtiime
    Update your status

I truly don't understand how a knocked Nani gets the start over Valencia...
    This. Even assuming Nani is indeed 100% & has completely shaken off the niggle - Valencia's form you'd think would be fairly hard to overlook, also works much harder in closing down so Fergie's thrown a curve ball there.

Punter101
    Punter101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Ferguson Even with this line up Man U can still dominate at time's

showtiime
    Update your status

Surprised this thread isn't popping, biggest game of the year.

Clichy with the most positive move forward 24 minutes in, cagey so far.

BigTimeWinner
    BigTimeWinner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Come on fukkks I put so much money on this shit ...

MCherry281

Well this is a disaster so far for my over. Not really any good chances to score about 30 minutes in

Punter101

Man City to win hasn't budged since the game started Ferguson you suck I hope Man U score on a counter if they commit bodies forward. That will liven up the place

Punter101

Bloody hell Aguero. Gotta do better than that

showtiime
    Update your status

Over backers not looking good.

I know I'm saying this after the fact (although mentioned it a couple times before kick off) & it'll probably see an angry response but surely you don't automatically think goals galore if both sides possess quality in attack. Maybe under different circumstances, yes - but there was so much riding on this game & Fergie has stayed true to his usual concept of containing the big teams on the road in a game of this magnitude. City are pressing much more in the last 10 minutes though, if we see a goal before the half I'd say the over is in balance.

Punter101

Whoever took the over has to point the finger at the importance of this game, oh and Ferguson Can we get a goal before the half

showtiime
    Update your status

Captain Kompany!

Punter101

Finally

MCherry281

Needed that goal bad. Now Man U will have to open it up

soul786

GOAL!!! United been playing like Chelsea lol

the second half should open up now.

Punter101

LOL for shits and giggles i had Vincent Kompany to score first at odds of 41. Only $1 on it though Now i just need tevez to score

showtiime
    Update your status

Seems like that's the only way they were going to score with United playing narrow & happy to clog up the middle. Sets up the 2nd half nicely, hopefully more of a spectacle for the neutrals!

soul786

Quote Originally Posted by showtiime View Post
    Seems like that's the only way they were going to score with United playing narrow & happy to clog up the middle. Sets up the 2nd half nicely, hopefully more of a spectacle for the neutrals!
    And the over wagers

Punter101

Yeah, I took the over 12 corner bet at like odds of 1.8 hoping that wouldn't break through early and would need to heap the pressure on Man U. Need 4 more corner's now

showtiime
    Update your status

soul - heh, can't forget that can we

camelbreath$

City will pour in 2 more in the second half if Manchester United continues to play this defensive shell. Silva and Nasri are playing in a manner that can only be described as MARVELOUS and it is only a matter of time before Yaya Toure breaks you down on a pacey counterattack. I expect Manchester United must open up and change their play for the second half...expect Valencia and a much more attack minded gameplan from them in the 2nd 45.

Punter101

City will pour in 2 more in the second half if Manchester United continues to play this defensive shell. Silva and Nasri are playing in a manner that can only be described as MARVELOUS and it is only a matter of time before Yaya Toure breaks you down on a pacey counterattack. I expect Manchester United must open up and change their play for the second half...expect Valencia and a much more attack minded gameplan from them in the 2nd 45.

Definetely reckon they need to come out attacking. No matter what ppl say if City win this the title is their's too lose and Ferguson wouldn't like to have the outcome of the title in Mancini's hand's

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well this goal of City keeps alive the over!

First 1234 Last