SeverusSousa
    SeverusSousa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 837

Leiria vs. Feirense

Everyone is talking about this game here in Portugal. Leiria didnt pay any salaries since December 2011, and this week almost the entire squad abandoned the club. There was a lot of speculation if they were even going to play, but apparently they are going to show up with only 7 players.

Bet365 already took the game off the board but you can still find it on Pinny with Feirense @ 1.91.

I will try to post more infos regarding the game , which starts in 2 hours.

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

I like it, you certainly convinced me. I can still get it at 1.81

BigTimeWinner
    BigTimeWinner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MatI View Post
    I like it, you certainly convinced me. I can still get it at 1.81
    http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...-salary-delays

this seems to be true

MatI

yeah, i confirmed before replying as well. Thanks to google, this is what i read - http://desporto.publico.pt/noticia.aspx?id=1543225

Already now off the book where i got it at.

BigTimeWinner

yep, still on at 5dimes ,odds dropped from 1,76 to 1,7 after I placed a bet on it

SeverusSousa

Game has started. Leiria has 8 players (there was one waiting outside the stadium). Feirense needs the 3 points to stay in the 1st division. Lets hope for the best.

BigTimeWinner

any link for a live stream ?

p.s. leiria playing with 8 players instead of 11 ?

SeverusSousa

Nope, i am listening on the radio. Yes, 8 players. Let's just hope they dont start faking injuries to finish the game earlier.

BigTimeWinner

Ok, keep us updated who's playing better

MatI

25mins and no score?

11 players to 8. They better not make me sweat this result.

BigTimeWinner

SeverusSousa are they still playing or they started to party?

Shredder
    Shredder's Avatar Become A Pro!

45+2 goal for Feirense :d must be hard game versus 8 ...

SeverusSousa

1-0 Feirense after the 1st half. Goalkeeper has made some great saves according to the commentator. Leiria's only shot came from a very long free kick. I expect Feirense to score a couple more and Leiria will likely get some tired legs in the 2nd half.

An embarrasing day for Portuguese football when this is happening in your top League.

Respect to the players.
    Points Awarded:

MatI gave SeverusSousa 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BigTimeWinner

That's surely embarrassing indeed. I always thought a game cannot start if both teams don't have 11 players ...

Oh well, let's hope we get this one

MatI

awesome pic, thanks. yeah sad day, but only way from here is up! Unless only 5 show up next week!

BigTimeWinner

0-2

SeverusSousa

Final Score - Leiria 0 - 4 Feirense

Hope you guys cashed

MatI

Thanks for the heads up

BigTimeWinner

thanks mate

BigTimeWinner

hey buddy, whats going on with leiria for the next match at benfica? are they still with 8 players? I heard they want to abandon the league which would give braga an extra 3 pts and a chance to find for a CL spot over benfica?

Let us know your best pick, im planning to go BIG on this game if its worth it

NotSammySosa
    Writing blank checks to banks
    NotSammySosa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

I don't see a line for the Benfica/Leira game
    On another note. why is Beira-Mar +1226 ML @ Braga. They're a mid table team.

SeverusSousa

Quote Originally Posted by BigTimeWinner View Post
    hey buddy, whats going on with leiria for the next match at benfica? are they still with 8 players? I heard they want to abandon the league which would give braga an extra 3 pts and a chance to find for a CL spot over benfica?

Let us know your best pick, im planning to go BIG on this game if its worth it
    Sorry for the late response BigTimeWinner. Leiria will start 11 players this time, the 8 that started last week and 3 others from the Youth Team . They will also have 3 guys on the bench .

The bookies i use dont have any odds for this game (Bet365, William Hill,Pinnacle) but even if they had , i wouldnt expect much value. If your bookie as a market for total goals, look for the odd of the over 4.5. If it is over 2 ( or +100 ) it's a good play since Benfica can lock the 2nd place today and they want to give Óscar Cardozo the Top Goalscorer Trophy. But my guess is that the over 4.5 would be around 1.50 which is too low in my opinion . Good Luck

BigTimeWinner

all right, thanks for the response, i thought it was braga - leiria but noticed its benfica - leiria. my bookie does not have it either

SeverusSousa

Quote Originally Posted by NotSammySosa View Post
    I don't see a line for the Benfica/Leira game
    On another note. why is Beira-Mar +1226 ML @ Braga. They're a mid table team.
    Hey Sammy. I wouldnt touch Beira-Mar in this spot.Last week they achieved their goal for the season which was to avoid relegation and they have nothing to play for in this game. Braga on the other hand, needs the 3 points today if they want to keep the 3rd place that gives access to the Champions League. If they lose today they will be in big trouble since they will play in Alvalade against 4th place Sporting (last game of the season) . I just dont see it happening for Beira-Mar today, too much at stake for Braga in their last game of the season in front of their fans.

NotSammySosa
    Writing blank checks to banks
    NotSammySosa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Quote Originally Posted by SeverusSousa View Post
    Hey Sammy. I wouldnt touch Beira-Mar in this spot.Last week they achieved their goal for the season which was to avoid relegation and they have nothing to play for in this game. Braga on the other hand, needs the 3 points today if they want to keep the 3rd place that gives access to the Champions League. If they lose today they will be in big trouble since they will play in Alvalade against 4th place Sporting (last game of the season) . I just dont see it happening for Beira-Mar today, too much at stake for Braga in their last game of the season in front of their fans.
    Yeah. Just wondering why it was so high since I don't watch the Portugese league much. Thanks for the info.

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SeverusSousa View Post

Not saying that I'd back Beira-Mar, but I wouldn't trust Braga either. Braga is in bad form right now (3 losses and one draw in last 4 matches), including a disappointing loss at home to Olhananese last week. I know there is a lot at stake today, but you could argue that Braga had a lot at stake last week in a match they should've been able to win at home. If they beat Olhanese -- granted, they're a higher quality side than Beira-Mar -- at home last week, today's match wouldn't be so pressurized for Braga.

Be careful with this match ... Arsenal needed a win at home today too against an inferior side, and we all saw what happened there.