gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Wednesday picks ( 140-126 +15.27 )

Chelsea +1 -138 risk 1.38

Chelsea really isnt the team I expected to see opposing Barcelona, I am still having trouble picturing Manchester United or even Man City in the Europa league and a team like Chelsea who is 6th in the Premier league playing in the champions league semifinals. Chelsea has looked extremely strong lately though, just beating no.4 Tottenham 5-1 and their home record is impressive this year, they havent lost yet at Stamford bridge in 2012. Di Matteo has really brought a whole new focus and attitude to this team and since March they have been in excellent form.

I was bitching after that Bayern/Mainz draw about how soccer is being dominated by a few spanish teams and becoming like tennis with a few teams/players dominating but today showed how wrong that comment was. Bayern could have won today by two goals easy if Gomez had of hit that first wide open shot, sometimes you forget that these spanish teams are beatable and Chelsea has tons of talent with Abramovich not afraid to get out the wallet to pick up some great players.

Di Matteo has Chelsea playing great football, they are 10-1-2 in their matches since the start of March and Stamford Bridge will be a test for Barca. I was kind of curious of how the market would react to this match with Terry banged up and Luiz doubtful. This +1 line is now -144 at 5dimes just in the last 1 hour since I made my wager. I am a little worried about Barcelona midfield, they are much stronger than chelsea in midfield but when you have talent like Mata, Lampard, Drogba, Torres and Essien, you are not talking about your typical La Liga competition Barca is used to facing.

If AC Milan could hold Barca to a draw in the champions league, there is no reason a talented team like Chelsea might have a chance to pull off the same feat. It wont be easy with the way Barcelona and Messi have been playing, it will be alot different than todays game with Bayern and Madrid, barcelona and ball possession is really something to behold. Messi has never scored in any of the 6 games he has played against Chelsea and as we witnessed today, Spanish football does tend to have some defensive weaknesses.

Stamford bridge is a strange layout for opposing teams and Barcelona has complained about the pitch at stamford bridge in the past, the pitch was a big factor in the AC milan draw with Barca. Messi is my favorite player in the world and I hate betting against him and this really isnt like the Lahm/Ronaldo matchup. I just hope Chelsea can find some weakness here in that Barcelona defense.

Olympiakos -.5,-1 -110 risk 1.10

Paok -1 -162 risk 1.62
    Last edited by gregm; 04-17-12 at 11:57 PM.

Shredder
    Shredder's Avatar Become A Pro!

Paok 2-0 within 10 minutes ;d you happen to know where I can see the livescores for the other games played U20. I have Olymp and my game only at FT

gregm

Hey shredder. That POAK Match I bet on is at noon est, I rarely bet under 20s unless someone tells me something.

My first look is always to a teams home page for updates, even league 2 teams now have web pages with usually some sort of play by play. Olympiakos http://www.olympiacos.org/en I usually use flashscore.com if the team page doesn't have anything

Shredder

Grats on the win, too bad Olympiakos couldn't get one more in the net.

I was looking at my normal sites for scores but I didn't found Olympiacos at all. Also didn't found the game I picked but that was because it was postponed ;d Will check flashcore too next time, thanks.

TheBeastMode
    TheBeastMode's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

the Paok and Olympiakos matches haven't started...correct me if i'm worng.

gregm

Shredder, I am not sure what scoreboard you are looking at, maybe under 20 scores? Olympiakos and PAOK start in about 30 minutes. Olympiakos and PAOK streamed on first sports so good way to start the day. PAOK should demolish this team I hope. http://www.firstrowsports.eu/

gushman
    gushman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Not seeing the POAK line on 5dimes

gregm

Yeah gushman, I saw that last night. I thought it would have been up by now. I think 5dimes must just be cloning pinnacle lines at times and just adding some juice like so many books seem to do, I really dont know. Pinnacle and sbobet didnt have this line, most shops have it up.
    Last edited by gregm; 04-18-12 at 10:51 AM.

gregm

If you are in the states and dont have access to euro books, it looks like Bovada has the line posted for the ml. Maybe to add to some parlays

Shredder

Lol my bad I completely misunderstood the whole thing :d

gregm

No worries shredder. You made me happy when I saw your post, I thought I had already won a wager with a game going off at an earlier time than usual. I wish they were all that easy and I could wake up a winner. I just hope chelsea can make a game of this, that bayern game was alot of fun to watch. Cheers

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

You will probably get your money back. Barca to win by 1 goal.

itriedsohard
    BIG PLAYS
    itriedsohard's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chelsea ML for me

Shredder

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    No worries shredder. You made me happy when I saw your post, I thought I had already won a wager with a game going off at an earlier time than usual. I wish they were all that easy and I could wake up a winner. I just hope chelsea can make a game of this, that bayern game was alot of fun to watch. Cheers
    I think I brought you luck with the mix-up , 2 winners! Good job

gregm

You did Shredder. Thanks. I really like these smaller leagues sometimes, dinamo zagreb utterly dominated croatia and they made me alot of money this year until the draw that had at home. First one since last year.

Olympiakos is 17-2-2 in matches played in the greek superleague since november of last year. I really like these leagues sometimes because the volume in these markets is so much smaller and lines are not as tight. I cant gather too much from the league this year from my sheets because the sample size is so small based on my wagers here. Olympiakos just ran circles around Giannina in the second half.

Shredder

I agree on smaller leagues often having nice value games cause of smaller markets. Hard to get proper info though.
    Thx for the info, cya later.

gregm

Quote Originally Posted by itriedsohard View Post
    Chelsea ML for me
    Great call!