camelbreath$
    camelbreath$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6575

Probably something fishy? Match-fixing Italians!

Doesn't it suck to lose a bet to some really ridiculous very suspect result?

I probably shouldn't be complaining since I have had a really good run the last few days, but last evening, I really, really liked Philadelphia 76ers -5.5. I wanted to buy the half point to push the line to -5, and I figured I would parlay it with a soccer game today that I felt would be strong home side playing at home. I said, hell with it, I'm gonna play this one big.

SO which game to I pick? Napoli playing at home to Atalanta at -265 odds.

Of course, Napoli gets beaten today 3-1 at home in a result that I couldn't have imagined possible. Napoli's players literally looked like they had been drugged before the game. That or their defensive players had, I don't know, maybe taken some money pre-match?

I see that a Atalanta player was arrested just this month for match-fixing:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...-probe?cc=5901

I probably just got fukked by these damn match fixing Serie A games.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Napoli has been in a mess in the league since their CL exit.

In the new match fixing scandal, they are also under investigation.

- Napoli risk -1 to -6 points and no Europe
    Under investagtion are the following games from 2010/2011 season.
    Napoli - Parma
    Napoli - Samp
    Chievo - Napoli
    Last edited by vasilli07; 04-11-12 at 04:07 PM.

eXon
    eXon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

This is why if you play Italians, you should always go for over 2,5. My friend lost big time on AC Milan when they lost to Fiorentina the other day, too much match fixing indeed. Ive been burned on them as well before, so when I play then I always stick to over.

gotov
    gotov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4853

napoli f**ked me over as well.... when you get hamsik robbed at gunpoint in his car on more than 1 occassion etc... it goes to show how much control and influence the mafia has

camelbreath$
    camelbreath$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6575

Damn this game still pisses me off. Just re-watched part of the game and I swear Napoli look as though they are playing at half speed at times and intentionally killing off plays.. Unbelievable.

BigTimeWinner
    BigTimeWinner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by camelbreath$ View Post
    Damn this game still pisses me off. Just re-watched part of the game and I swear Napoli look as though they are playing at half speed at times and intentionally killing off plays.. Unbelievable.
    lol even barca - inter match was fixed by the latest news that I saw ... the linesman who allowed an offside goal for inter and no clear penalties given for barca, then on the returning leg, krkic made it 2-0 'by accident', i say that because he tried to miss it but somehow scored, and the ref dissallowed a perfectly clear goal for barca ... I told my friends the match was clearly fixed, they didn't trust me ... now the linesman was caught doing something similar in the sporting-maritimo match, after he had accepted a payment of 20,000 euros from sporting.

enjoy the fix for those who have not seen this video
    Last edited by BigTimeWinner; 04-13-12 at 11:53 PM.

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

Quote Originally Posted by gotov View Post
    when you get hamsik robbed at gunpoint in his car on more than 1 occassion etc... it goes to show how much control and influence the mafia has
    His wife was carjacked, what else has there been?

true blue 26
    true blue 26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2865

not trying to be a smart ass but its was lavezzis girlfriend and not hamsiks

Punter101
    Punter101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Man lavezzi's girlfriend is one tough cookie