snakemeron91
    snakemeron91's Avatar Become A Pro!

Arsenal/City

Thinking of going big on the O 2.5 tomorrow morning. My only worry is that city seems to slow it down on the road, I do think they're a bit vulnerable in the back though and will have to push if they want a chance at pulling out 3 points. Thoughts?

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Both teams are most likely to go for 3 pts. I'm leaning on Man City pk.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

It seems like almost an automatic play on the over when the big clubs meet, but City has I think five goals on the road in their last nine and they haven't allowed more than a goal to a team on the road in seven straight. Also factor in the last three meetings with Arsenal have all been one goal or no goals. Definite pass for me.

Lookingtostart
    Lookingtostart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4542

If Aguero is still out, Dzeko plays then this might make it even better @2.75 now. De Silva might get sent off again, bad coaching decisions from Mancini likely plus what EaglesPhan36 said, the under does look good. Only problem is City can pull a few surprises. If I wasn't a fan of Man City this would be a lock.

camelbreath$
    camelbreath$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6575

Quote Originally Posted by Lookingtostart View Post
    If Aguero is still out, Dzeko plays then this might make it even better @2.75 now. De Silva might get sent off again, bad coaching decisions from Mancini likely plus what EaglesPhan36 said, the under does look good. Only problem is City can pull a few surprises. If I wasn't a fan of Man City this would be a lock.
    Aguero not out, he trained all week and is expected to go. Who the hell is De Silva?

camelbreath$

Everybody pounding Arsenal home win... City wins by 2+. Balotelli scores go ahead goal, gets red carded in the eightieth minute. This one is going to be must see TV.

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

"De Silva"

^^^
    Cmon guy, you claim to be a City fan yet you make a hash of their best player's name.
    Also touching on what you said about Silva getting "sent off" lately (I assume you meant substituted) - Mancini has said he's been taking him off in recent games as he's starting to burn out & "look tired" after playing the full 90' in the majority of City games this season. Which is kind've true as you've seen in recent games his influence in the middle has dipped & his performances have been nowhere near the lofty heights they were at when City were dominating earlier in the season. You'd think a quality player like Silva will step up in a big game like this that he himself has described as "like a final", although if his impact in midfield isn't felt before the hour mark it remains to be seen whether Mancini will keep taking him off, personally even if he's not in top form at the moment I would leave him on because he pulls all the strings & is the focal point for most of their attacks.
    Although Mancini's tactics lately have left a lot to be desired & nothing would surprise me at this point.

Just looking over the markets for this match & honestly if you can predict the result with a degree of certainty then good luck to you.
    I will be looking at markets other than h2h that seem appealing given recent form & results.

As EP said above, people automatically think goals in big games but if you delve a little further the under may be the sharp play.
    Under 2.5 has been a winner in recent times between these 2 at the Emirates with 4 of the last 5 games ending with 2 goals or less. Under has also cashed in City's last 8 away games. Of course you can throw out stats for these big games but it's hard to ignore ones so significant & if you're not able to do so the under is a fair bet at even money.

Another market to look at could be the draw at HT, this has cashed in 10 of the last 15 home games for the Gunners while the same market has been a winner in 10 of City's last 12 away games. This is priced at $2.40 & may be worth a look considering both sides may play cautious early & get into more of a rhythm as the game progresses & push a lot more in the 2nd half, if you take that into account more goals in the 2nd half may be a worth a shot at even money.

While those all seem appealing to me I'll most likely be looking more towards the 'late goal' market (after 73') @ $1.83, I like the idea if somehow it's locked up approaching the final 15' both teams may send men forward pushing for the winner as a draw wouldn't be a good result for either side, this market also favors someone being up by 1 with the trailing team looking to salvage something from the game.

Just my 2c, BOL with whatever you play.
    Points Awarded:

cogiditopapa gave showtiime 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cogiditopapa

Bobabadrama
    Bobabadrama's Avatar Become A Pro!

80% of public on SkySports voted Arsenal win.

Interesting stat here as well, "Manchester City have won none of their last 26 away league games against Arsenal (W0 D8 L18), but did win there in the Carling Cup this season." The Carling Cup win stat is referring to Arsenal played with reserves while City came with their full squad. They barely sneaked the goal in the 80th+ minutes.

Manchester City +0.5 @ -155 big draw +265 small.
    Last edited by Bobabadrama; 04-08-12 at 09:42 AM.

camelbreath$

showtiime, looks like the markets agree with you... the Over 2.5 goals line just went from -140 to -115 in my book. Just a hunch (since I agree with what you stated, and also found the same in my research) but I think that this one will have goals and lots of them. I think Balotelli and Van Persie both find the net, and I also think we'll see a PK in the mix. I'm taking the over and rooting for goals.

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Good analysis in here guys, and def agree with whats being said. However, I still think the over is solid. For me, this game being 'like a final' and also matchups between the top clubs have easily covered the over makes this an automatic play.

The only concerns for me with this is that City have traditionally played out low scoring games away from Eastlands & they have played out 1-0 games of late. But this was the case with yesterdays elimination final between Perth & Wellington. All previous games during the season were 1-0 results and all signs pointed to the under prevailing, but there ended up being 4 goals in normal time. I expect another high scoring game here as a loss or draw does not help either side. We are at the business end of the season now, and for both Arsenal & City, it starts right now.

showtiime
    Update your status

Silva not even playing, apparently has a 'knock to the knee', Mancini will either be a magician or a mug come full time.
    My previous post is just giving others a bit of info that may be useful in determining what they play.
    I didn't play the under was just letting ya'll know don't go too big on the over as you may be hoping for that 3rd goal late & who's to say someone will convert, although in saying that a late goal is what I'm hoping for as well as it's a market I played.

I threw some $$$$ at 2 markets.
    2-3 goals at evens.
    & Late goal.

Van Persie is in the drought of all droughts ^_^ having not netted in his last 3.
    Was tempted to take Balotelli to score as his price was much better than RVP, although in a big game like this I don't feel confident enough in him not doing something stupid to get dismissed.

camelbreath$

Haha, Balotelli already should have been shown the red after 20' !!

showtiime
    Update your status

& right on cue, Balotelli lashing out studs first at Song's knee, very lucky not to be a red.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6434

10028 Draw HT / Manchester City FT +614* vs Any other result
    104 Manchester City (ENG-P) pk +118*vs Arsenal (ENG-P)

Small wagers on both.

showtiime
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by showtiime View Post

under is a fair bet at even money.
    Another market to look at could be the draw at HT
    more goals in the 2nd half may be a worth a shot at even money.
    Should've went with my gut as all 3 of these will most likely hit although I did catch draw at HT live, albeit at lower odds than the inflated pre-match price.

Over backers I hate to say I told you so but with each side only having 1 shot on target at the half - the over doesn't look too good. It should open up in the 2nd half though & in the end one of my plays was for there to be 2-3 goals so let's hope someone gets a breakthrough and that livens up the game a little.

City looked disjointed throughout the first half, YaYa is a big loss as he anchors the midfield & is very dangerous moving forward & while Pizarro has good passing skills he isn't as dominant closing down & I'm sure Wenger will feel this is an area where they can exploit in the 2nd half.

Balotelli seems to be the only spark for them although it works both ways because he looks fairly unhappy he's playing on the left & 2 rash challenges in the first half bundled in with bickering with Aguero is indicative of where his head is at.

Ticking time bomb, for City's sake they should change formation in the 2nd half & play 2 up front so he doesn't continue on with the reckless play.

camelbreath$

Van Persie has hit the post and crossbar once each now. That's 2 'shoulda been' goals for you. And as soon as the cherry pops on this game, I imagine it to really intensify. Hoping City can get ahead 1-0.

Punter101
    Punter101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Don't worry Tevez with the brace to be He'll be a legend again

Punter101

And another hit of the post for arsenal

Glada Tartan
    Swedish brännboll-expert ;D
    Glada Tartan's Avatar Become A Pro!

City is garbage.. total garbage.. OMG!

Punter101

If anyone wants a bet consider athletic bilbao - seville over 1.5 goals live in game How its still 0-0 is beyond me

showtiime
    Update your status

How did Benayoun or Vermaelen not score there? Open net.

Mancini is the biggest gimp manager of all, last gasp at keeping within striking distance of United in the title race & he makes no attacking substitutions with 10 minutes to go, why not try Teves Aguero looks like he's still got a niggle.

Actually he's now just brought on Kolarov with his lethal left boot so let's hope he can throw in some crosses for me to hit the 'late goal' play.

showtiime
    Update your status

Arteta!

Punter101

Arteta! Thank You there's the late goal bet

Punter101

And the title's going back to United. On a side note I hate how everyone call it the manchester city celebration now

showtiime
    Update your status

Balotelli with a 2nd yellow, should've been sent off over an hour ago, was it ever in doubt?

Punter101

Commentator summed it up nicely "Why would you place your trust in him?

At the freekick:
    "Well kolarov is interested"
    "Balotelli can't knock him off now"

camelbreath$

I did say Balotelli would be red carded.. My prediction was eightieth minute. Not far off!

Mriceyman
    Mriceyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2373

Balotelli is a fukkn nutbar

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Quote Originally Posted by Mriceyman View Post
    Balotelli is a fukkn nutbar
    Q: Has Man City gagged away this title? Or is it simply a matter of Man Utd being better?

I see ManUre as being a flawed team. Man City's GK is better. Vidic out, Johnny Evans nothing great. Giggs on last legs, had to call back Scholes. Maybe Valencia/Young have been the difference?

As for Man City, maybe a team w/ Balotelli just can't win. And Tevez is one selfish MF'er. After six weeks, would have thought for sure that Man City was too big/strong. For sure, they were going to win title.

What about the Mgrs? Is this Ferguson master-classing Mancini?

Glada Tartan
    Swedish brännboll-expert ;D
    Glada Tartan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Balotelli to be sold after this season.. surprise?

Nova99
    Nova99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Q: Has Man City gagged away this title? Or is it simply a matter of Man Utd being better?

I see ManUre as being a flawed team. Man City's GK is better. Vidic out, Johnny Evans nothing great. Giggs on last legs, had to call back Scholes. Maybe Valencia/Young have been the difference?

As for Man City, maybe a team w/ Balotelli just can't win. And Tevez is one selfish MF'er. After six weeks, would have thought for sure that Man City was too big/strong. For sure, they were going to win title.

What about the Mgrs? Is this Ferguson master-classing Mancini?
    When Tevez was kicked out I thought Mancini had to get another forward since you have Aguero who seems to be in every game and seemed to have faded a bit late season, Dzeko who scores in bunches or none at all and crazy Balotelli, also needed another defender as cover because Savic will give you a heart attack when he plays while the first choice is out. In the end manu were able to grind out the tough wins while city had to throw on tevez (who was clearly not 100% fit) to try to get goals. Swansea away and Sunderland home killed City down the stretch. I think once David Silva faded a bit there was just no other offensive influence to get that goal while on the road.

Balotelli to be sold? I will believe Mancini when I see Mario in a different uniform, Mancini also said Tevez will never play at City ever again... add that with the fact there is only one possible suitor and that's AC MILAN who may not even want him.