Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

$1,000 on Barcelona to win Champions League

So Barca to win CL is at (-120) currently at Bodog, and I'm going big on this. I think some other books may have a better price so I'll def look around before placing the wager.

But either way, I just think this is good enough value at this point for me to make this a big play. I seriously don't believe Chelsea is a major threat and Barca will take care of them fairly comfortably - even if Chelsea goes into Camp Nou with a 1 goal lead.

The threat comes in the finals with either Real or Bayern. Eventhough Barca has had Real's number this season, I would much rather prefer Bayern knocks out Real Madrid, which would make Barca winning the championship easy IMO. But in reality, I don't see Madrid being knocked out the way they're playing, so we are very likely in for El Clasico finals. Even then, I don't plan to hedge because I wanna ride the entire $1,000 and profit the $830 because I don't see Barca losing to Madrid now.

Curious to know what other people's thoughts are. Are any of you on any other side to win the championship? if so, I'd like to know why.

DarkNite
    DarkNite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Agreed. You are right on the money.

camelbreath$
    camelbreath$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6575

Ugh, I hate the play! Sorry, but I see such little value in the play. Chelsea is playing incredibly dangerous (if a bit lucky) football at the moment, and they just seem to playing with way more confidence these days. Still, I expect Barca to likely get past them, albeit much closer than the books would have you imagine-- it's the final where I think Barca will go down. Bayern wins it if they get there, and Real Madrid is such a familiar foe, I think the battle would be incredibly close. Not getting positive money on Barca just makes it have no value to me.

MCherry281
    MCherry281's Avatar Become A Pro!

looks like gold. chelsea is as much of a free pass as you can get in the semis. barca always beat real madrid h2h. bayern could get lucky with the game played in germany but I don't expect them to get through real madrid. even if they do barca would still be a solid fav.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

One big problem you have is the fact that they are back in the La Liga race. I think the price is very sharp not too much value in it since both Chelsea and Real Madrid/Bayern are in excellent form finishing the season.

camelbreath$

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    One big problem you have is the fact that they are back in the La Liga race. I think the price is very sharp not too much value in it since both Chelsea and Real Madrid/Bayern are in excellent form finishing the season.
    Another very good point

Sport_Fish

Yeah I should definitely take that into consideration. But even though Chelsea has nothing left for in EPL, I still believe they won't get through Barca. So it's coming down to laying (-120) for Barca to beat Bayern in Munich - which I think could be a problem. Because I would take (-120) Barca over Madrid in neutral field any day - esp this season and at this time.

I think the way to go would be place the wager on Barca - and if Bayern knocks out Madrid, I should be able hedge (cuz Bayern would for sure be + money against Barca right). And if Madrid makes it to the final, I'll let it ride.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!
    cogiditopapa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9965

Your bet makes sense in every single way you try to approach it, Mathematically and in current team forms.
    I agree with your bet 100%. As I always say, your bet is like having poker AA pre-flop, but anything can happen in the next five cards to come.
    What you are doing is gambling with the best hand, which makes sense, your odds to lose are very slim, but they are available.

If I am you, I will sit back and enjoy all the games of the rest on the champions league games and hope for my team to win.

I am a Real Fan, but your bet makes so much sense, an upset could happened, but at this point I think no other team is as strong as Barca is.

GL and I really think you are going to cash your play.

From a Madrid Fan.

Sport_Fish

Quote Originally Posted by cogiditopapa View Post
    Your bet makes sense in every single way you try to approach it, Mathematically and in current team forms.
    I agree with your bet 100%. As I always say, your bet is like having poker AA pre-flop, but anything can happen in the next five cards to come.
    What you are doing is gambling with the best hand, which makes sense, your odds to lose are very slim, but they are available.

If I am you, I will sit back and enjoy all the games of the rest on the champions league games and hope for my team to win.

I am a Real Fan, but your bet makes so much sense, an upset could happened, but at this point I think no other team is as strong as Barca is.

GL and I really think you are going to cash your play.

From a Madrid Fan.
    Good way to put it...and that's pretty much my approach. This 'AA' obviously has a chance of losing, but for me, I think Barca wins against Chelsea + Bayern/Madrid enough times for this to be a profitable play.

I'm also a Madrid fan, but there is absolutely no way I'd put money on them unless Barca somehow didn't make it to the semi-finals. As much as I'd like to see Madrid win this, I don't see it happening, which is why I'm taking Barca here in hopes to turn a good profit.

fwiw, I'm reducing this wager to $800 for now and I'm keeping that $200 to bet the OVER when Chelsea visits Barca in the 2nd leg - depending on the line/juice of course.

BigTimeWinner
    BigTimeWinner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Glad to see Madrid fans respecting my Barca However, I think Madrid has a chance if both teams were to meet in the final. It is only one match and Barca can panic sometimes, in defense they've not been playing so well. Still I think Barca would win, but there is a chance Madrid could win too! I am not going to bet on any of the games though, I'm going to watch the final in Munich if Barca is in it btw

tEABAG
    tEABAG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

You will win that with ease.

camelbreath$

Quote Originally Posted by camelbreath$ View Post
    Ugh, I hate the play! Sorry, but I see such little value in the play. Chelsea is playing incredibly dangerous (if a bit lucky) football at the moment, and they just seem to playing with way more confidence these days. Still, I expect Barca to likely get past them, albeit much closer than the books would have you imagine-- it's the final where I think Barca will go down. Bayern wins it if they get there, and Real Madrid is such a familiar foe, I think the battle would be incredibly close. Not getting positive money on Barca just makes it have no value to me.
    Much better value on Barcelona to win Champion's League now, seeing +120 now. That -120 has much less value now.

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4425

Worth a shot I think , I got a bit over $300 at bodog , might as well go all in ..good value there

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

ouch.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!
    cogiditopapa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9965

Quote Originally Posted by BigTimeWinner View Post
    Glad to see Madrid fans respecting my Barca However, I think Madrid has a chance if both teams were to meet in the final. It is only one match and Barca can panic sometimes, in defense they've not been playing so well. Still I think Barca would win, but there is a chance Madrid could win too! I am not going to bet on any of the games though, I'm going to watch the final in Munich if Barca is in it btw
    You still need to go Chelsea and Madrid will play the final

BigTimeWinner
    BigTimeWinner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cogiditopapa View Post
    You still need to go Chelsea and Madrid will play the final
    pay the ticket, i would love to go

Sport_Fish

Over before it even started

Thinking whether to chase this loss on Madrid tomorrow

camelbreath$

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    Over before it even started

Thinking whether to chase this loss on Madrid tomorrow
    Chasing in soccer is never a good proposition. Put a normal sized unit play on Real Madrid -1 at -120 though if that's your play.

Sport_Fish

Quote Originally Posted by camelbreath$ View Post
    Chasing in soccer is never a good proposition. Put a normal sized unit play on Real Madrid -1 at -120 though if that's your play.
    Yeah, I might be stubborn here but I'm highly doubting two Spanish powerhouses going down B2B.

Did put $200 on the over as planned, and lost $800 on Barca. I'll probably play Madrid to advance to win $600 - and break-even if they do.