Les_Nuts
    Les_Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

I ended up going for a penalty to be awarded in the match at 5.00 at hills. I ended up leaving the HT/FT bet and going for this instead. It is a match special and is great value IMO. Webb is reffing and he is usually good for a pen and I can see this match being decided by such a decision. I like your pick and I am grabbing it at 4.00 at lads. I have a bad feeling about this game and hope we can pull through.

unitedlad
    unitedlad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7803

Quote Originally Posted by Les_Nuts View Post
    I ended up going for a penalty to be awarded in the match at 5.00 at hills. I ended up leaving the HT/FT bet and going for this instead. It is a match special and is great value IMO. Webb is reffing and he is usually good for a pen and I can see this match being decided by such a decision. I like your pick and I am grabbing it at 4.00 at lads. I have a bad feeling about this game and hope we can pull through.
    I like that pick. Out of curiosity, how often do them William Hill specials actually win? That's the only thing putting me off it atm. But I can definitely see a penalty awarded. That's how we got our goal last season in the same fixture. I think it is worth a small punt. I have already added Rooney Anytime Goalscorer to my card for tonight @ 1.91.

TheBeastMode
    TheBeastMode's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

And the Over 3?

Les_Nuts

Quote Originally Posted by unitedlad View Post
    I like that pick. Out of curiosity, how often do them William Hill specials actually win? That's the only thing putting me off it atm. But I can definitely see a penalty awarded. That's how we got our goal last season in the same fixture. I think it is worth a small punt. I have already added Rooney Anytime Goalscorer to my card for tonight @ 1.91.
    Yeah I know what you mean. They sometimes do decent ones though and I liked this one before I saw the price. I almost took 3/1 before I saw this. GL tonight

unitedlad

I really have no idea what pace this game is going to be played at. United could go out with a game plan, to keep the ball on the ground, keep possession, and work the ball into the net. Or they could go all guns blazing, getting the ball to the wings as quickly as possible, getting Valencia and Young running at the full backs. I'm not touching the total on this game.

unitedlad

Yeah I know what you mean. They sometimes do decent ones though and I liked this one before I saw the price. I almost took 3/1 before I saw this. GL tonight
    Yep, I'm on it with you buddy. Added to card.

unitedlad

Monday, 2nd April

Blackburn Rovers vs Manchester United

I think this game will be a lot tougher for United than everyone else thinks it will be. Ewood Park has always been a tricky venue for the Reds, and it has been a fixture which has resulted in tight games for the past 5 or 6 years.

United looked extremely nervous against Fulham last weekend and I think having picked up on this, Sir Alex Ferguson would have had a talk with the team telling them that the league is in our hands, especially after City slipping up on Saturday. There is no team or manager that is more experienced in this situation than United and Fergie. They know how to see out nitty, gritty games, which I think this one will be.

Blackburn will be equally up for this one, fighting for their lives at the bottom of the table. They have showed some decent form of late but I think the quality and experience of United will triumph in a tight, nervy match.

I was delighted to see the value I am getting with tonight’s pick which meant my stake didn’t have to be as big as I would have thought.

United to win by 1 goal @ 4.00 (0.5u)
    Rooney to score Anytime @ 1.91 (1.2u)
    Penalty to be awarded @ 5.00 (0.3u)
    Phil Jones to get booked @ 5.80 (0.25u)
    Over 30 booking points @ 1.83 (1.2u)

A lot of bets tonight on one game. Quite unusual for me but I see a lot of value there. I was surprised to see the booking points so low. This is a big game for both teams and I think there will be a lot of flying challenges tonight.
    Added a couple more selections having seen the starting teams.

Card's final. On a side note.....C'MON UNITED!

unitedlad

Can't believe how ball-less Howard is. How did he not give a booking to Hoilett after he hacked Valencia down and then booted the ball away. Thanks a million.

unitedlad

Awful night of betting, great night personally. I am genuinely shocked that non of my 5 picks came through. But I was extremely unlucky with the booking points bet as Howard Webb was completely ball-less all game. If I had seen the line-up prior to my Rooney bet, I wouldn't have placed it as it was blatant he wasn't given a central role. Aw well bad night. can only move on and come back with another cracker.

Great result for the Reds.

Overall Record: 14-16 +0.54u
    Todays Record: 0-5 -3.45u

unitedlad

Tuesday 3rd April

Let's try and make back some of that money lost last night, from a horrendous night betting.

Barcelona vs Milan

Milan were very lucky not to get beat in the first leg at San Siro. Barcelona were denied a penalty in the first half, and if that was given and scored I think it could have ended 2 or 3-0. But as it turned out, it ended 0-0, due to Milan keeping 10 men behind the bad, which I think will be the case tonight. But I think this time around, because of the roaring Nou Camp crowd, most decisions will go the way of Barca. If the home team get a goal in the first half, then I can see them getting a couple after that, since Milan would have to attack. AC also have have couple naive and 'overly-confident' players in their team so I can see them bombing forward if they concede, which, as we all know, is not the best game-plan when playing against one of the all time great teams.

Barcelona to win by 2 goals @ 4.00 (0.5u)
    Penalty to be awarded @ 3.50 (0.5u)
    Iniesta to Score @ 5.1 (0.25u)
    Barcelona -1.5 @ 1.73 (1.5u)

unitedlad

Back with a BANG! What a night. Last night I missed all my picks and tonight I hit them all. That is football betting for you, or betting on any sport, you'll have a really bad night, but then you'll make up for it with a great night, like tonight.

I was wrong before when I said 'Let's try and make back some of that money lost last night' because I've made a nice little profit over the past 2 nights, considering last night's horror show.

Read the game perfectly, especially with the penalty pick. Was begging Barca to just slow it down and see out the last 20 minutes, but both team were trying their hardest to score right until the final whistle. Let's continue this form into next time. Bring it!

Tonight's Record: 4-0 +4.87u
    Overall Record: 18-16 +5.41u

unitedlad

Thursday, 5th April

Athletic Bilbao vs Schalke

Athletic to score in both halves @ 2.75 (0.75u)
    Llorente to score ant anytime @ 2.20 (1u)
    Athletic to win and both teams to score @ 3.50 (0.5u)

Hannover vs Athletico Madrid

Hannover win @ 3.1 (0.5u)
    Sorry, no time for write ups tonight.

unitedlad

Awk Bollocks. Llorente taken off early. Big downside of betting on goalscorers!

unitedlad

Not the best nights, but not the worst. The majority of the Bilbao game, I just needed a goal to make a nice profit on the night; If they could have finished one more of their many chances. Hannover got back in the game, and had a few decent chances to win it, but in the end they were caught on the break by a lethal strike from the £40m man, Falcao. Llorente was also taken off around the 60th minute mark for the, vastly inferior, Toquero. This didn’t help Bilbao’s chances of winning whatsoever, and destroyed my Goalscorer bet early on. Tons of Premiership football on this weekend, means tons of money to be made! Gotta love easter weekends. May have a pick today for the Swansea vs Newcastle game. * Overall Record: 19-19 +4.72u Last night’s Record: 1-3 -0.69u* Sorry for the poor formatting. Writing this from my BB. Quiet day in work! P.S. Raul is still class!

unitedlad

Friday, 6th March Scunthorpe vs Exeter Scunthorpe win @ 1.73 (1.4u) Colchester vs Hartlepool Colchester in @ 2.00 (1u)

unitedlad

Overall Record: 20-20 +4.74u

unitedlad

Tuesday, 10th April

Blackburn vs Liverpool

Liverpool on horrilbe run of form tonight. they created a very minimal amount of chances against a poor Aston Villa in the weekend, and look completely deflated of confidence at the moment. They are playing a weakened team tonight, in preparation for the huge weekend clash with bitter rivals Everton in the FA Cup semi finals. Blackburn are starting to look like a Premiership team in the past month. They look like a unit who are willing to fight to stay in the top flight, and they will be licking their lips with the thought og taking on a poor Liverpool side in their back garden.

Blackburn Draw no Bet @ 2.5 (2u)

Les_Nuts

Tuesday, 10th April

Blackburn vs Liverpool

Liverpool on horrilbe run of form tonight. they created a very minimal amount of chances against a poor Aston Villa in the weekend, and look completely deflated of confidence at the moment. They are playing a weakened team tonight, in preparation for the huge weekend clash with bitter rivals Everton in the FA Cup semi finals. Blackburn are starting to look like a Premiership team in the past month. They look like a unit who are willing to fight to stay in the top flight, and they will be licking their lips with the thought og taking on a poor Liverpool side in their back garden.

Blackburn Draw no Bet @ 2.5 (2u)
    GL dude, I'm on the exact same for 3units, Blackburn win at 3.5 for 1 unit and I have them double chance at 1.8 in a few parlays. Cannot see Liverpool winning this one

unitedlad

GL dude, I'm on the exact same for 3units, Blackburn win at 3.5 for 1 unit and I have them double chance at 1.8 in a few parlays. Cannot see Liverpool winning this one
    Not a great start for us. But let's hope Blackburn can go on and score a couple in the second half. Bad thing about the red card is that Liverpool will spend the whole half with 9 men behind the ball.

Pretty gutted, I was so close to putting money on Rodriguez anytime goalscorer. Thing that put me off was the strong rumors that he's off in the summer, I thought that would have effected his performance.

Les_Nuts

That was a real kick in the balls

unitedlad

Horrible loss last night with that big useless lump, Andy Carroll, diving again, but unfortunately for us, this time it was on to the ball. Was hoping for a push in that game, and it really didn’t look like Liverpool were in the game at all, even when 2-0 up.

The first goal came from a spectacular (lucky?) lump up the pitch, and caught Blackburn completely off guard! If Yakubu had stuck away that first penalty, we would have had a very different result on our hands in my opinion.

Anyway, back to business tonight, and I should have a play or 2 for the United match. I’m feeling good about this one!

Last night’s record: 0-1 -2u
    Overall Record: 20-21 +2.74u

unitedlad

Wednesday, 11th April

Wigan Athletic vs Manchester United

United are on a phenomenal run of form at the minute, and full of confidence. I think we really should have battered QPR in the weekend, but, admitted by Fergie himself, we took the foot off the gas as soon as QPR went down to 10 men and we went a goal in front. This is a bad habit of United’s, they get complacent when going in front, and don’t finish off teams who are there for the taking.

But I think Sir Alex will have had a strong word with the players about how they went about their business against QPR on Sunday, even though we ended up with a comfortable 2-0 victory.

The players will be as motivated as ever after Arsenal getting all 3 points against title- challengers, Man City, on Sunday evening.

Due to the half-effort given on Sunday afternoon, the United players will be fit and fresh, having also had a couple days rest between the weekend ends fixture and tonight’s match. I think we will start with a strong team, and go out to bury the relegation-looming Wigan quickly.

United have always enjoyed travelling to Wigan, having beaten them comfortably several times over the years there.

I will wait for line-ups to be released before committing on my picks, but considering we play Valencia and Rooney, I will most likely fire with the following plays:

United to win to nil @ 2.38 (1u)
    United -1 AH @ 1.75 (3u)
    United HT/United FT @ 2.1 (1u)
    Rooney AGS @ 2.15 (1.1u)
    United to win both halves @ 3.4 (0.5u)
    Last edited by unitedlad; 04-11-12 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Odds increased.

unitedlad

Yep, as expected, a very strong team. I am going with all of the picks above and also adding:

Hernandez AGS @ 2.6 (1u)

Big Night. Let's hope it pays off.

Les_Nuts

GL. I am on us to win to nil and -1, love arsenal -1 and over 2.5 in Madrid game too.

unitedlad

Well that's 2 of my bet gone down the drain already. United were terrible in that first half. Thye need to come out of that dressing room a different team, or else all of my bets are down the shitter.

unitedlad

United didn't come out a different team. All of my bets down the shitter. Was stupid of me to put so many bets on one game, because they don't always go as you expect them to. United were shocking tonight, truly shocking.

Tonight's record : 0-6 -7.6u
    Overall record:
    20-27 -4.86u

Les_Nuts

Any thoughts on weekend games? I have took two early ones so far, us to win to nil vs villa at evens and Sunderland -1 AH

unitedlad

Any thoughts on weekend games? I have took two early ones so far, us to win to nil vs villa at evens and Sunderland -1 AH
    You were right, we do have similar picks. I have United to Win to nil. Was considering the handicap but after being screwed big time last week I decided against it.

Sunderland game had my interest. You should be safe with that bet but I think I'm going to lay off betting against Relegation fighting teams from now until the end of the season, although, Wolves are terrible and destined for the Championship next season. This keeps coming back to bite me in the arse like it did in the United game on Wednesday.

I'll post up picks officially later today.
    Last edited by unitedlad; 04-14-12 at 06:27 AM.

unitedlad

Saturday, 14th April

Liverpool vs Everton

High intensity game between two bitter rivals and to throw some petrol on to the fire it is the FA Cup semi-final. I can see both teams having their chances in an evenly matched affair. But because Everton are such great odds, I have to have a bit on them as I see this game as a 50/50, although Pienaar is a huge miss for Everton, but let's hope the others can step up.

Both Teams to score @ 1.95 (1.1u)
    Everton @ 3.4 (0.5u)

unitedlad

Norwich vs Man City

Norwich + 1.25 AH @ 1.87 (1.2u)
    City to win by 1 goal @ 4.00 (0.35u)

unitedlad

West Brom vs QPR

Both teams will be looking for a win to set them clear of the relegation zone. West Brom have a good home record with plenty of goals score there and QPR like to attack, so I can see quite a few goals in this one.

Over 2.5 goals @ 1.91 ( 2.2u)

Shredder
    Shredder's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everyone here on the over it seems. I am on West Brom so let's hope for 3-0 so we all win ;p BOL today

unitedlad

Swansea vs Blackburn

o2.5 goals @ 1.91 (1.1u)

unitedlad

Another poor day at the office. Just can't catch a break lately. Norwich start off well but eventually bent over for City. The West brom over call seemed almost too easy. QPR couldn't score if they were in a brothel which is why they'll probably go down. They showed no heart against a West brom team in poor form. Usually 2 poor teams facing off against eachother leads to a high scoring game. The bookies also agreed as the closing odds on the over in that game were around 1.8.

Ah well, on to the United game today. Let's win some money.

Yesterday's Record: 2-4 -2.1u
    Overall Record : 22-31 -6.96u

unitedlad

Sunday, 15th March

Man Utd vs Aston Villa

United slipped up big time mid week against Wigan, which both me and the club suffered from. It happens to United every single season, they always slip up on one game in the run in. I just didn't think this would be it, away to a lowly Wigan. But Wigan showed a lot of fight and spirit. A team that looks like they want to fight for their manager and fight to maintain their Premier League Status; although United didn't help the situation by making them look like Barcelona. It was evident that United missed their midfield maestro Paul Scholes in the middle of the park on Wednesday. He seems like the only one in the team who can dictate the pace of the game. With Scholes returning to the first 11 today, I see a very different game on the cards.

With City clawing back to only 2 points behind, the Reds won't need much more motivation to go out and batter a unmotivated Villa team. With Aston Villa without their captain and rock at the back due to injury, Richard Dunne, and without their main man in the middle, Stilian Petrov, due to being devastatingly diagnosed with leukaemia, I can't see Villa getting many chances today. They may get the odd set piece around the box which will be a slight threat but with Rio and Evans strong in the middle, I can't see much problems being caused. I had a look at the handicap on Wednesday night for this game, it was 1.73 but now down to 1.69, so that drop kind of put me off, especially after Wednesday's disaster. I think there is a chance this could end 1-0, with United getting a lead and then sitting back cautiously for the remainder of the game, which they do painfully frequently!

This should be as comfortable win for the Reds, it doesn't get much easier than Villa at home, but this could be a bad thing as well if they go into this game with any complacency. So let's hope Fergie set the boys straight and let them know that this title race is not over yet, so go out and play like we have for the majority of the season at Old Trafford! Hopefully the crowd get behind the lads today, and we win this one big.

United to win to nil @ 2.00 (2u) - Adding 1.1u to stake @ 1.91 - Stake = 2u @ 2.00 + 1.1u @ 1.91
    Rooney AGS @ 1.77 (1.5u)

Last edited by unitedlad; 04-15-12 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Adding to picks

First 12345 ... Last