Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

It Is Time For Neymar To Leave Santos

He needs to go to Europe and further his development cos Brazil is no longer a challenge for the kid. Barcelona would be his best fit and would help his development more than Real could. I don't understand what benefit it is to Santos by keeping him and not excepting a huge cheque between 40-50 million Euros.

BigTimeWinner
    BigTimeWinner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hope your words become reality buddy. I am a Barca fan and I would LOVE to see Neymar join us next season. We really need a striker who can SCORE tons of goals, not that Barca can't do it right now, but imagine this:
    Neymar - MESSI - Alexis

Iniesta - Xavi - Fabregas

Abidal - Puyol - Pique - Alves

Holy SHITTT
    Add Bale there, and you just got a team who can score 5+ goals every match.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

Neymar would fit into the Barcelona system immediately and i can see him scoring goals, and bags of em. Think he wants to play with Messi.

DHB
    DHB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 867

neymar+messi+sanchez.

good luck to defenders.

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

Barcelonas game plan is made for Messi, it would be a question whether Neymar could fit into this.
    Personally I hope he doesn't go to Barca.

OGUCCI-SBR
    Bizness
    OGUCCI-SBR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 557

Time to join Chelsea.

Nova99
    Nova99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post
    I don't understand what benefit it is to Santos by keeping him and not excepting a huge cheque between 40-50 million Euros.
    Santos would keep onto him until after the world cup if they could, huge potential for a even bigger payday if he does well. Also they can play friendlies all over the world for big fees with Neymar on the team. Just the fact there is a thread with the team name in SBR forums is a sign of why they want to keep onto him, no one outside of SA would talk about Santos if Neymar wasnt on the team.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by Nova99 View Post
    Santos would keep onto him until after the world cup if they could, huge potential for a even bigger payday if he does well. Also they can play friendlies all over the world for big fees with Neymar on the team. Just the fact there is a thread with the team name in SBR forums is a sign of why they want to keep onto him, no one outside of SA would talk about Santos if Neymar wasnt on the team.
    That doesn't help Brazil and his development at all going into the world cup. Just fills Santos pocket and no one really cares too much about them and people around the world are more interested in European teams than Santos.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by OGUCCI-SBR View Post
    Time to join Chelsea.
    LMAO, dude, not a chance.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

He is still young lots of time left for a move. Longer he waits though the more chance he could get injured.
    Seems to be a very good player. I don't think Barca have the $ required to sign him so then it must be Real.

Brazil always seems to have the next great thing in football. Who will be the next Neymar?

Nova99
    Nova99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

That doesn't help Brazil and his development at all going into the world cup. Just fills Santos pocket and no one really cares too much about them and people around the world are more interested in European teams than Santos.
    I get what you are saying but in the real world do you really think Santos care if Brazilian players are developed? Bottom line is if Neymar lights up Brasil 2014, Santos will be in every single print publication and probably half the people in the world will know Santos is a club in Brasil, worth a lot more than 40-50 million to the club.

OGUCCI-SBR
    Bizness

LMAO, dude, not a chance.
    You are underestimating Roman's wallet.

It's all about money these days. And most certainly for a young fuccker like him it is.

BigTimeWinner

It's all about money these days. And most certainly for a young fuccker like him it is.
    I am pretty sure he will not go to England. The guy seems a person who wants to enjoy a similar life to what he has in Brazil, and Spain will be the best option, it's either Barca or Madrid. If he goes to Madrid, his career is over before it even starts, he will surely end up like Robinho, Huntelaar, Owen and many many other strikers who don't deliver in their first season and i doubt neymar will be able to shine in his first season ... thats why Barca would be his best option, besides the style that he will surely fit in, barca has much more patience with youngsters and they can wait...

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

If it was all about the money, why is he still playing at Santos now? That's the main problem I see with the kid: he chose to stay at Santos, where he has his friends, can go partying every day and score his goals like he wants to. I would love to see him at Barca, but I am definitely not so sure that he is the "golden kid" everyone is saying. One thing is for sure: every year he stays at Santos, is a wasted one. He is not going to get any better there. He should have went to Europe, BEFORE this season. Only in Europe, he could get "harder" and they will for sure make him stop his diving everytime one touches him slightly. If he has the absolute will and power to try it in Europe, he could be a fcking BIG one of a player. Right now, he is nothing, but an overtalented young player, in a mediocre league where he has no serious competition. And never forget about Robinho, who was absolutely hyped when he was still at Santos. No less talent, no less skill, he was considered the next Pele! And now? A normal player, nothing special about him any more. I really do hope Neymar makes it. But am I convinced yet? No. Not until he shows the balls to try it in Europe.

OGUCCI-SBR
    Bizness

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    If it was all about the money, why is he still playing at Santos now? That's the main problem I see with the kid: he chose to stay at Santos, where he has his friends, can go partying every day and score his goals like he wants to. I would love to see him at Barca, but I am definitely not so sure that he is the "golden kid" everyone is saying. One thing is for sure: every year he stays at Santos, is a wasted one. He is not going to get any better there. He should have went to Europe, BEFORE this season. Only in Europe, he could get "harder" and they will for sure make him stop his diving everytime one touches him slightly. If he has the absolute will and power to try it in Europe, he could be a fcking BIG one of a player. Right now, he is nothing, but an overtalented young player, in a mediocre league where he has no serious competition. And never forget about Robinho, who was absolutely hyped when he was still at Santos. No less talent, no less skill, he was considered the next Pele! And now? A normal player, nothing special about him any more. I really do hope Neymar makes it. But am I convinced yet? No. Not until he shows the balls to try it in Europe.
    You pretty much answered your question.

Name me any good reasons he's still at Santos ?

There is only one: They are paying him crazy money to keep him at the club. Would he be playing in Brazil for a mediocre satisfaction ? No... the numbers are off the wall.

He's earning around 2 million $ every freaking month.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

He is earning about 1.73 million every freaking month. http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/cndy/20...t_14075716.htm plus, a massive amount of this is not coming from the club itself but external sponsors. No, it is not that easy, money is not the reason. Call him a "pussy" or call him "familial". He chose to stay because he loves the easy life in Brazil and he is not man enough yet, to leave his family and friends.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

So, to be clear: I did answer the question, but not with the sentence you highlighted, but the following.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

Neymar doesn't want to play for Chelsea, he's clearly stated that he'd like to play with Ronaldo or Messi. Manchester City would pay more than Roman would and Neymar still wouldn't want to play for them either.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

And yes, the money he's making from the club and sponsorships are really the only thing keeping Neymar at Santos.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

million dollars in brazil, that is amazing , but I don't think he could handle the big leagues yet, guys over there are big and strong. Messi is small but very strong, he looks to thin to me at the moment

OGUCCI-SBR
    Bizness

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    He is earning about 1.73 million every freaking month. http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/cndy/20...t_14075716.htm plus, a massive amount of this is not coming from the club itself but external sponsors. No, it is not that easy, money is not the reason. Call him a "pussy" or call him "familial". He chose to stay because he loves the easy life in Brazil and he is not man enough yet, to leave his family and friends.
    Cmon man, don't you see that everything's consequential here with the reference point being the Money.

As you stated, he's happy here and ''enjoying the easy life in Brazil''. Well if you're cashing a couple of mills every month, it sure is.

This is the exact kind of an example. A young starlet, getting huge offers from big guns and yet still fucckin around and unable to decide. Understands that in order to make it BIG, he's gonna have to leave for Europe but still doesn't wanna abandon the Beatles status in his hometown.

Neymar doesn't want to play for Chelsea, he's clearly stated that he'd like to play with Ronaldo or Messi. Manchester City would pay more than Roman would and Neymar still wouldn't want to play for them either.
    It was more like a rhetorical statement cause Chelsea's my team but on topic, what is with these South American stars. So many of them refuse playing in the EPL, is it really only because of the physical game.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

He's pretty good in FIFA 12

Gndias
    Gndias's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2596

loool i was thinking the same thing

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

It was more like a rhetorical statement cause Chelsea's my team but on topic, what is with these South American stars. So many of them refuse playing in the EPL, is it really only because of the physical game.
    Well unfortunately the Spanish League is leading the way in terms of star players and Barcelonas current success. Everyone wants to play for Barcelona and play with Messi. I kinda don't think it has much to do with the physical and hard tackling of the EPL, cos City have Silva and Aguerro and they have done well.

Neymar wouldn't be able to just stand with the ball and do his crossover in the EPL cos an English defender would just bull doze his brittle legs in a second. Neymar will find what real football is like when he goes to Europe.

Paddy100
    Paddy100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

He has a contract in Brazil with the sponsors and the team that he can't leave the country till the World Cup... that's really bad don't you all think?

BigTimeWinner

Well unfortunately the Spanish League is leading the way in terms of star players and Barcelonas current success. Everyone wants to play for Barcelona and play with Messi. I kinda don't think it has much to do with the physical and hard tackling of the EPL, cos City have Silva and Aguerro and they have done well.

Neymar wouldn't be able to just stand with the ball and do his crossover in the EPL cos an English defender would just bull doze his brittle legs in a second. Neymar will find what real football is like when he goes to Europe.
    i watched internacional - santos yesterday because i had a bet on it, and they almost killed him, the medical staff had to intervene about 4-5 times on Neymar alone... the guy is simply UNSTOPPABLE.
    I hated all the hype around him until I started watching him play, he is simply amazing, a combination of 'MESSI', RONALDINHO and the old RONALDO. If Barca buys him, he has the potential to be as good as Messi if not better.

I am 100% sure that the myth about EPL being rough is not true, players in spain are as rough as in england, if not more. Silva and Aguero had much much more trouble when playing in Spain than now in England...

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

He needs to learn from Robinho's mistakes by hitting the gym and building muscle. Robinho was an extremely talented but skinny kid that went to Europe, had some good times with Madrid, then got dumped at Milan, nothing compared to C.Ronaldo's success.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

I don't know if this article is true and it is a few days old. It seems like Santos are in need of money to take that small portion straight up and the rest when i guess he joins the club.

http://dawn.com/2012/03/20/barca-sea...move-for-2014/