Phillth
    Phillth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Sporting v. Metalist

Match not til tomorrow. I think sporting ta
    kes this one easy at home. Good odds too. Anyone have good info on this.match?

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Going to be a tight match i suppose. Wouldn't be surprised about 1:0 or 2:1 Sporting.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Sporting are solid at home and especially tend to get 1 nil home wins. But Metalist are gonna be the surprise package...could def see them reaching in the final...plenty of pace, creativity and class with the Argies (Cristaldo, Blanco, Villagra, Sosa) and Brazilians (Cleiton Xavier, Marlos, and Taison)...these kind of South American players who play in places like Ukraine and Russia thrive in Uefa and Champs league competition where they can really show their talent on good playing surfaces, in more preferable weather conditions, and against players that are more like them (i.e flair and skill rather than grit and toughness in Eastern EUrope). THey've been solid away from home in Europe, and score goals... beat Debrecen 5-0 away, Sochaux 4-0 away, Austria Wien 2-1 away, Malmo 4-1 away, Salzburg 4-0 away, and Olympiakos 2-1 away. None of these are as good as SPorting, but does suggest that they dont just play defensive away from home so Im thinking over playing the over 2.5, although then again Sporting dont score a lot of goals, as I said earlier they get a lot of 1-0 wins at home and rely on Van Wolfswinkel to score their goals. They've only scored 37 goals in Portugal as opposed to Benfica, Porto and Braga who have scored 53 or 54 each. Sporting also will have players missing - Onyewu, Bruno Pereirinha, Elias, Rinaudo, and Rodriguez.
    Points Awarded:

Phillth gave Vaughany 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Took Metalist draw no bet at 7/4. Would also consider Taison to score anytime at 7/2

Phillth

Got a 9-teamer relying on sporting ML. I need to hedge this out.

Phillth

Just noticed a German officiating crew on this match. Not good for the ukranians. Maybe a penalty kick for sporting or red card for metalist.

Gndias
    Gndias's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2596

as a sporting lisbon supporter....and they are really confident they will get to the semi-finals,the only problem is they are missing their best attacking wingers....capel and izmailov(both of them didn't train the last couple off days and are expected to be in the bench or miss the game)and that changes the game a lot,and like Vaighany said Sporting also will have players missing - Onyewu, Bruno Pereirinha, Elias, Rinaudo, and Rodriguez;even a Junior team player was called to fill in,I expect a tight game, under 2.5, and both teams to score
    metalist is a solid team,not amazing but they know what to do on the pitch,they have that south american soccer.

Phillth whats the deal with a german crew?

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

I don't get the thing with the german crew? What would you say with this? That german referees could be racist against an ukranian team? I am german and I can assure you, that this is absolutely not the case. We have more ukrainian people here than portuguese + german referees belong to the best in the world in soccer! And Germany is likely to be the most sensitive country regarding racism because of our past. Not sure if you wanted to indicate something like this, but if so, it's just wrong.
    Points Awarded:

Gndias gave zizoudane10 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Gndias

Phillth

Didnt the red army rape millions of german women at the end of WWII? Im sure theres still a little animosity with the older generations of germans over this. I knew a german guy in college who sure did hate ukrainians and russians alike. Thought it was a common sentiment.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Phillth View Post
    Didnt the red army rape millions of german women at the end of WWII? Im sure theres still a little animosity with the older generations of germans over this. I knew a german guy in college who sure did hate ukrainians and russians alike. Thought it was a common sentiment.
    If true, this guy was nothing but an idiot. Simple as that. War is over since 1945, not many left who could have experienced rapes or anything like that. What you are describing, is not a common sentiment here in Germany AT ALL! Germans did disgusting things to Russia and his satellites, as did some russians in Germany. But war is over 67 years now man. Guess it would be a little pathetic to assume that Wolfgang Stark, a 42 year old referee (who was, by the way, voted best german referee in 2010), would have any ressentment agains ukrainians. Germany killed more than half of the ukranian jewish population during the war, forced more than 2.750.000 people from Russia, Ukraine and other soviet countries to work in Germany and so on.... 3.300.000 out of 5.700.000 prisoners of war from the Soviet Union died in Germany. So who could possibly have ressentments? The germans? Or the people from the formerly Soviet Union?
    Now enough of that, let's go back to sports, back to business
    Just to add this real quick: Supposedly 2.000.000 german women and girls were raped by soviet soldiers, 12% of them died. BUT: germans did the same during their crusade against Stalin, we just do not know exact numbers by now. What happened after the war, was the red armies kind of "vengeance".....
    Last edited by zizoudane10; 03-28-12 at 08:49 PM.

Phillth

I just assumed they resented each other. There are still a lot of people around that are only one generation removed from those involved in the war. That hatred easily gets passed on to children.

Nova99
    Nova99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Got a unit on Sporting ML here, as for the refs, if you think the Germans are hated by the Ukraines then why would the Germans discriminate in the match, if it was Ukraine referees against a German team then maybe (not likely), not a lot of teams these Germans wouldnt discriminate against if they are to hate the old war opponents....

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

the under is the bet here, dont think that both teams can score.

Punter101
    Punter101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Quote Originally Posted by Ruifgalmeida View Post
    Not necessarily. If anything im with vaugh. might put a small bet on metalist DNB. not much standing out in this game

TonyDimy
    TonyDimy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

you're an idiot

Oh, and barbarians razed hispanic people a few thousands years ago, I'm sure they still angry at them.
    Last edited by TonyDimy; 03-29-12 at 09:51 AM.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Ruifgalmeida View Post
    Since both coaches announced, that they are going to stick with their offensive way of playing, I do think it is absolutely possible, that at the end of the day, both teams will have at least a goal on their side. Yesterday I was expecting a low scoring match, too. But today I kind of changed my mind about it. But still not sure, wether I will, or will not, throw a few units out there...

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Sporting Lisbon +106 and Over2.5 +134 is the plays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phillth

Huge difference between something that happened thousands of years ago and something that happened so recent there are still living survivors.

Anyway... Back on topic. Slight line movement towards sporting ML. I really think they take this home match.

Phillth

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    Since both coaches announced, that they are going to stick with their offensive way of playing, I do think it is absolutely possible, that at the end of the day, both teams will have at least a goal on their side. Yesterday I was expecting a low scoring match, too. But today I kind of changed my mind about it. But still not sure, wether I will, or will not, throw a few units out there...
    You have a link to where you read this?

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

You have a link to where you read this?
    http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague...iew/index.html
    Points Awarded:

Phillth gave zizoudane10 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Thx, for points man, it's appreciated!

Gndias

capel and izmailov expected to play ..that can change the game,the best players in Sporting; still i am taking the under 2.5....sporting doesn't score that many goals;and the best stricker ricky v wolfswinkel i know to miss easy goals...

Gndias

lets fvcking go

Phillth

Over 2 getting pounded.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Matthias Fernandez putting on a clinic

Phillth

lol. that was a pathetic wall on that freekick goal.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Sporting Lisbon +106 and Over2.5 +134 is the plays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phillth

nice hit on that over.

Gndias

**** me on that last goal...oh well at least it paid for my gameticket and drinks at the bar

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Gndias View Post
    **** me on that last goal...oh well at least it paid for my gameticket and drinks at the bar
    Pretty bitter one for you man... Good for me though. Had already given up hope. 1:1 would have been perfekt. Next time

Gndias

eheh naaaa perfect was 2-0,i am a sporting lisbon supporter