ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9617

USA soccer teams misses making the olympics

The U.S. men's soccer team won't make the Olympics after a crucial goalkeeping error in the closing seconds of injury time resulted in a 3-3 draw with El Salvador in qualifying

Post if you don't care, didn't even know olympics had soccer. Not even a sport

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

pitiful

all those soccer moms wasting their time

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Guys take notes....the sbr trivia team is going to count this as an Olympic appearance for all players on this roster

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Good riddance. If a country of 300 million can't field a team to beat a tiny 3rd world country by 10 goals, stay home.

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

tt you should have been the goalkeeper, usa would not concede throughout qualifying & then go on to win the gold. You would hardly have to move just sit down between the posts and you've got yourself an almost air sealed goal. Who the hell could score? Think about it tt - your country needs you.

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Meh. Soccer in the Olympics is a joke. You are only allowed three players over 23. ******* dumb.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

very glad they didn't make it, don't want to hear the media pump soccer for americans anymore.

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Wack ass Olympic rules anyway

Glada Tartan
    Swedish brännboll-expert ;D
    Glada Tartan's Avatar Become A Pro!

To bad

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

USA Soccer program is so bad it is not even funny
    We have gotten worse the last 2 years also
    A bunch of clumsy white guys

eleuropeano
    eleuropeano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1924

I'm an avid soccer fan and even I don't care about soccer at the Olympics. It is a youth tournament. Why? Because Olympics are always in the same year as the Euro championships, and that is much more important. Plus the Olympics is usually in August when the European leagues start playing.

Europe has 4 teams in the Olympics, two are Switzerland and Belarus, and one is a "Great Britain" team that only exists for the Olympics. It's a joke.

In reality, the US has a very decent soccer team, you should be proud.

ultrasouth
    Update your status
    ultrasouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

"soccer not even a sport" It's not called the world game for no reason!!!

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

alot of sore losers in this thread...

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

all the fat people in this thread say soccer isn't a sport

Why is soccer the most popular SPORT in the world?

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Disappointing, but not the end of the world.

TT its kinda like when you get to the end of a Haagen Dazs carton and feel a little sad, but then you realize there's a 7-evelen 10 minutes away.

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Disappointing, but not the end of the world.

TT its kinda like when you get to the end of a Haagen Dazs carton and feel a little sad, but then you realize there's a 7-evelen 10 minutes away.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

lol. the girls will be there at least, mens olympic soccer is a joke anyways. doesnt say much for the younger us players tho.

gtboy
    gtboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

i am a US resident and don't get when most of my US friends say that soccer is not a sport. not because ur not good at something its not good. i hate this because they love nfl nba and mlb so much and to me it just more waste that soccer. a bunch of fat guys running around making millions and they don't even care if they win or not. i bet on all sports but i can't tell the last time i sit and watch a whole nfl, nba and mlb game. it is just a bunch of money grabbing fks, tv can't wait for a break in play to show some stupid ads. tell me who actually enjoy watching any american sports when every sec there is commercial.

Nova99
    Nova99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

olympic football is pathetic anyways, why watch a bunch of u23 players when you have all the other sports on display... not that anyone really cares, us soccer doesnt bring out too much of a buzz unless its the world cup.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9617

who cares about the world, its about does the usa care about soccer, get over yourself and your country

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

The bigger topic should be............why were the El Salvadorians biting......yes......as in chomping down with their teeth....our players.......drawing blood and leaving teeth marks?

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Because us salvadorians are warriors . Arriba con la selecion.

justin81
    justin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6209

Quote Originally Posted by gtboy View Post
    i am a US resident and don't get when most of my US friends say that soccer is not a sport. not because ur not good at something its not good. i hate this because they love nfl nba and mlb so much and to me it just more waste that soccer. a bunch of fat guys running around making millions and they don't even care if they win or not. i bet on all sports but i can't tell the last time i sit and watch a whole nfl, nba and mlb game. it is just a bunch of money grabbing fks, tv can't wait for a break in play to show some stupid ads. tell me who actually enjoy watching any american sports when every sec there is commercial.
    When I lived in the US I had the same thing. Couldn't stand watching NFL and MLB. 10 seconds of action on the filed and the fukken time-out or some other BS-commercial break for a minute or two. 1 hour of actual play, but the game lasts 3-4 hours. I like NBA though even with those constant time-outs, like to watch it especially when the good teams are playing.
    Nobody pays attention to Olympic Soccer anymore. Money has done its job, everyone chases CL, nothing else matters right now. Even Europe League is treated very lightly by most of the teams.