Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Is Santos Laguna going to beat Seattle Sounders tonight??

Seattle up 2-1 on the aggregate. Huge game tonight. An MLS team has only beat a Mexican team one time in a home and home series in the Champions League. Seattle was strong on the road all last year and even beat Monterrey 1-0 on the road a few months ago.

Santos lost in the Champions League last year to Cruz Azul 5-1 on the aggregate in the Quarters.

Read online that Santos fans were playing music and partying all night long right outside of the Sounders hotel room last night. I'm sure there will be a great atmosphere. Seattle has choked the last few years in many pressure filled games. RSL last year in the playoffs, LA galaxy the year before.

I'm thinking Santos wins this game. But laying -200???? Seems way high here. Anyone got any thoughts.

stuntin909
    stuntin909's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

I agree that Santos wins but any goal by Seattle makes things very interesting and complicated for Santos. Seattle had the whole weekend off of MLS action also so they are well rested, focused, and determined to advance from this round. It wouldn't surprise me if they get an early goal and try to hang on to that (even a tie in this game is good for them). Although mls teams struggle in Mexico, lately the games have been very close with the mexican teams squeaking by on last minute goals or shady refereeing.

I would take Seattle to tie +275 for one unit and win for .25 U +475 just for fun. Definitely wouldn't lay the -200 BUT I do think Santos wins this game more often than not, just wouldn't do it today against a team that has had a whole week to prepare for this game.

Another thing, as a Galaxy fan I am a bit worried about todays game. TFC at +500 has tremendous amount of value for a team that needs a win and nothing else against an exhausted LA squad. I'm trying to get the night off work and make it to the game.
    Last edited by stuntin909; 03-14-12 at 12:55 PM.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

How is Atlas going to be this year????

elTiezo
    Used To Be
    elTiezo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 618

Santos plays good at home, I would put some in the over.

As for Atlas they are struggling, they can't score.

nycyellow9
    nycyellow9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

I thought Santos would destroy Seattle cause it was Seattle's first game, but Seattle won.

Anything goes with these Top MLS vs Top Mexican teams nowadays.

Definitely not -200, they aren't playing Tauro or Isidro Metapan. Something like -160/-170 is better.

jules11
    WHY ALWAYS ME
    jules11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3075

so they smashed 6-1 lol - missed the boat on this one though, congrats to those $$$

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Seattle chokes again. Wish I would have bet this. Seattle can't get over this proverbial hurdle.

BlueHell
    BlueHell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Until MLS starts beating the Mexican teams consistently in CONCACAF CL, no reason to fade a tricolores team.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Metapan will win the league this year