SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

UEFA Champions League contest starts next week!

The UEFA Champions League contest starts next week! The contest is sponsored by WillHill. Hop on in!

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

I cant wait to come in LAST!

leetfox
    leetfox's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does registration end when tournament starts? I mean, can i still register after February 14th?

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

rotcod
    rotcod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4217

interesting.

turnip
    turnip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2110

Lou, who is running this contest? It's being poorly run. Shockingly bad lines have been posted and graded. For example, a market -500 favorite AC Milan was listed as +170. One commenter suggested that everyone had a shot at these lines, but this isn't true. It occured on one of the last days of the contest period, when most participants have used their picks already.

But speaking of comments, this leads me to another big problem with the contest moderation, several comments being deleted. These bad lines were pointed out and discussed on the comment board, but the moderator's solution apparently was to delete them. There has still been no response about the bad lines one way or another.

I do appreciate the free contests, and it's really just for fun.. but I think things should be done right if they're done at all, especially something with the SBR name stamped on it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: horja1

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi turnip,

We're sorry you haven't enjoyed the contest. We did tell the board that soccer is not fully integrated on SBR Contests, and as such, unfortunately it would not run as seamlessly as users have been accustomed to. We made a makeshift feed work so that user picks could be collected, and did so only to celebrate the popular Champions League contest --- just as we did the last World Cup.

The feedback is certainly valued and soccer will at some point hopefully live up to the expectations folks have using SBR Contests. Comments that are removed would be to signify that the reported issue(s) were resolved, and to shift user discussion that turns into disagreements, name-calling etc, away from the contest homepage --- that's what the posting forum is for.

Regarding erroneous lines, this would need to be manually reviewed and handled on a per game basis. I'd ask you to shoot me a PM directly in such an event. Lastly, if you've decided you are no longer interested in continuing on with the contest, I'd be able to refund your entrance fee.

turnip
    turnip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2110

Thanks for the quick reply, Lou.

It's not that I haven't enjoyed the contest, I just didn't think it's being held up to SBR's usually high standards. A few others felt the same way and it seemed like we were being ignored.

Thanks for pointing out that SBR is still trying to incorporate soccer into the SBR Contests setup, I can understand that and appreciate the effort.