MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Matty's Soccer Tips 2012

Ok, im starting a thread to keep track of my Soccer plays for the year. I mostly follow English & Australian Leagues but also play German, Spanish, Scottish and occasional Italian Leagues. It will not be limited to those as if I see value in a league I will take it.

Hopefully get some good discussion going as well.

First play to start this off.

English Championship - West Ham United to WIN @ 1.82 - 2 units
    West Ham have been on a strong run this year. Topping the Championship table and are a force to be reckoned with at home with 6 wins out of their last 8 while Millwall are fighting to stay above the relegation spots. Millwall have also been weak on the road with only 2 wins and 3 draws all season.

West Ham had a shock loss away on Tuesday in a 5-1 thrashing, but that was a rare off day, and like i said, they are very strong at home. They have a couple of news signings up front and both could make their debut for the team today. They may struggle to convert too many goals, being new to the side but strength in depth should see West Ham through over Millwall.
    Last edited by MatI; 02-04-12 at 05:23 AM.

MatI

West Ham got off to a shocking start with a red card in the first 10 minutes but have still maintained most of the possession and chances and took a 1-0 lead into HT!

France Ligue 1, St Etienne vs Lorient
    St Etienne to WIN @ 2.35 - 1 unit
    I can't pass up St Etienne at this odds. Despite a slow start to the season they are starting to step it up now. They have been really strong at home lately, winning 4 of their last 6. They are also still just in touch of the top 4 on the Ligue 1 table, only 6 points away from 3rd position. Those lofty heights are most likely out of the question, especially after being shown up by Lille last week, losing 3-0, but they are in much better shape than Lorient.

Lorient have only won twice in their last 10 games in the Ligue. They have also only managed 1 draw in their last 6 matches away. I don't see Lorients being able to improve their recent dip in form this weekend. St Etienne should WIN. It is very cold in this region of france though, and it is impossible to know how that will effect these two teams but from all reports the pitch is in good condition and St Etienne should be comfortable in any condition here.
    Last edited by MatI; 02-04-12 at 07:57 AM.

MatI

Looks like Ligue 1 pitch wasnt suitable afterall. Game postponed.

Taking Schalke to WIN @ 1.746 in German Bundesliga - 1 units
    Last edited by MatI; 02-04-12 at 10:32 AM.

Sol
    Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!

Following buddy, good luck! I was on St Etienne as well, second game i have bet on this week that has been postponed

MatI

Thanks mate!

Shame about the St Etienne game, I was really liking that play. I also had a couple of other leans for Ligue 1 but ended up staying off in case of bad weather at the other venues, and that ended up being the only one postponed!

A push on the St Etienne game, and 1-1 on the other plays for the night.

+0.66 units.

ultrasouth
    Update your status
    ultrasouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Good luck Mat will be tailing you on same future leans

MatI

Thanks Ultra! Time for the dreaded A-League again!

Newcastle Jets (+0.5) @ 1.847 - 1u
    Sydney have usually had the upper hand over their NSW rivals but I do not see them walking away with a win here against the Jets this time.

Sydney have lost two players to Olympic duty, Ryall & Petratos. They will also still be without Antonis and Brett Emerton due to injury. All of these guys have been crucial to Sydney success this year and will be well missed this afternoon. There are some reports saying Emerton is 50/50 to start, but others say he is def out. Either way, i don't think he will be at full fitness and may play off the bench at best.

The Jets are in a much better position with an almost fully fit squad and only Ben Kantarovski out on Olympic duty. They also have the confidence of coming into this game with a win over the Brisbane Roar last week. Both sides are well rested here and havent played in over a week, but if anything, teams going off a long break seem to be flat when coming out to play, so if anything Jets have another advantage here by playing more recently, but only by 2 days.

Jets to take the win or draw at worst.

BigTimeWinner
    BigTimeWinner's Avatar Become A Pro!

MatI, line ups confirmed yet?

MatI

SydneyFC - Reddy Grant Beauchamp Bosschaart Jamieson Carle Mcflynn kisel Moriyasu bridge Cazarine.
    Subs Necevski Chianese Sherlock Makela

can't find the Jets lineup. Their twitter is shite.

BigTimeWinner

0-2 looking good mate almost won ... i dont think sydney will be able to score 3

MatI

I hope your right! I don't think Jets have lost a game this season if leading at HT.

Perfect start for Jets. Reminds me of Roars start yesterday. I wonder if we see no more goals like that yesterday?

EDIT - Spoke to soon! 0-3!
    Last edited by MatI; 02-05-12 at 12:45 AM.

BigTimeWinner

0-3 , yay 3 goals from former players of sydney lol it's certainly over mate, good pick

MatI

We just need the Jets to bring Byun on and all ex-Sydney players can score against their old club.

BigTimeWinner

Quote Originally Posted by MatI View Post
    We just need the Jets to bring Byun on and all ex-Sydney players can score against their old club.
    lol ! talk about offloading the useless players from the team ...

Sol

Well done Mati. I couldn't pass on Newcastle @ 3.80. Sydney have been horrendous at home all season, but still a half to play

MatI

Nice stuff Sol! good payout if they hold. I can't see Jets dropping this now..but you never know, stil 45 to play...

MatI

hmmm, what did i say? 3-2 with 20 minutes to play.

Sydney coming out firing in the 2nd half. Hopefully Jets hold this.

MatI

Quote Originally Posted by BigTimeWinner View Post
    lol ! talk about offloading the useless players from the team ...
    Time for Byun to score!!!

BigTimeWinner

Time for Byun to score!!!
    i think there'll be one more goal, over 6.5 live betting not taking it though, as I dont have it on my stupid american bookies ...

Sol

2-4. I can exhale now

MatI

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    2-4. I can exhale now

BigTimeWinner

i think there'll be one more goal, over 6.5 live betting not taking it though, as I dont have it on my stupid american bookies ...
    what did I tell you guys !!!!!!!!!! oh my, I wish I had this live ...

MatI

There is the 7th goal!!

I hope you never took that under! And back to the 3 goal difference at half time.

BigTimeWinner

There is the 7th goal!!

I hope you never took that under! And back to the 3 goal difference at half time.
    I actually had over 2.5 lol most of my bets on the aussie league are over 2.5
    This one cashed in early

btw we chit-chatted the crap out of your thread lol

MatI

well done mate.

The thread is for soccer, so all good IMO!

Sol

You going to have a play on Chelsea/United mate?

MatI

Yeah, haven't had a chance to double check squads yet but with Chealsea key men at Africa cup of nations, ManU will be too strong tonight.

MatI

English Premier League, Newcastle to WIN @ 2.18 - 1 unit

Newcastle would have to be one of my favourite teams to watch in EPL. Especially with Demba Ba playing. With him back in the squad and new striker to join him in Cisse, I like Newcastle to triumph over Aston Villa. Despite going through a rough patch late last year, Newcastle are back in form - apart from a slight hiccup against Fulham away, and this can only improve with Ba in the starting XI. Aston Villa have been up and down and have been struggling against lower level sides and have taken draws when they should have taken the win.

Villa have failed to score in their last three visits to Newcastle. Newcastle are also unbeaten in their last five home matches against Villa. I expect them to make it 6 today.

BigTimeWinner

newcastle line ups confirmed: http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120...281670_2600756 Ba starting, cisse is on the bench. I like the HW here but Villa are not a bad team either... checking their line ups.

update, aston villa line up: Given, Hutton, Cuellar, Dunne, Warnock, N’Zogbia, Ireland, Petrov, Clark, Bent, Keane

I like the over 2.5 here as well, should be an open match, weather is not bad either. It'll either be a very close match ,or a goal fest
    Last edited by BigTimeWinner; 02-05-12 at 07:05 AM.

MatI

thanks for posting lineups. And yes, i think over is a good play here as well. You can never rule out Aston Villa but I don't see them winning here. They may be able to scrap out a draw but im more than willing to take my chances on Newcastle.

BigTimeWinner

cashed in the over 2.5 Hope they hold on to this score for the home win

MatI

Cisse! Very nice debut by him. Awesome stuff. Villa certainly turned up as well, they had me worried!

Nice hit on the over too mate.

Play to come now for ManU game..
    Last edited by MatI; 02-05-12 at 09:39 AM.

MatI

EPL, Chelsea vs Man United, Over 2.5 @ 1.99 - 1 unit - WIN

I have been leaning ManU all week for this game, and I do think they will still get up but I was hoping Sir Alex would go with Ben Amos in net. That isn't the case and he is going with de Gea so this is an over play for me. I see ManU being able to score atleast 2 goals and I think de Gea will let a couple through as well.

updated record -
    Newcastle Jets (+0.5) @ 1.847 - 1unit - WIN
    English Premier League, Newcastle to WIN @ 2.18 - 1 unit - WIN

+2 units so far today, thanks to both Newcastles.

3-1
    +2.84 units.

with a unit pending on above game.
    Last edited by MatI; 02-05-12 at 11:15 AM.

MatI

Cash the over. Chelsea 3-0 @ 50 minutes.

My fears about de Gea were right it seems, but I never though they would get demolished like this. Strong performance by Chelsea so far.

DHB
    DHB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 867

very nice start mate, keep it up

1234 ... Last