Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

How big is match fixing?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501623_1...ing-witnesses/

So I've recently been reading up a little on the gold cup match fixing and am trying to learn which countries and leagues to potentially avoid. Especially with World Cup qualifying coming up. Does anyone have any teams/leagues/countries they stay away from because of potential fixes?

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

I stay away from nearly all lower leagues, and just focus on the major/premier league for each country. Lower leagues can be very susceptible.

I also stay away from ANY games at all in Greece, Turkey, Middle East and some Asian countries.
    Last edited by MatI; 01-23-12 at 08:20 AM.

OGUCCI-SBR
    Bizness
    OGUCCI-SBR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 557

Remember like a madman preaching this shit some 5 years ago, about how big it is and how dangerously huge it's becoming and that some years from now literally every league is going to be involved.
    As an ex pro player I can say football is dying. Hope this hotline thing can bring some light.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Who knows.

Wiesnak
    Update your status
    Wiesnak's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MatI View Post
    I stay from nearly all lower leagues, and just focus on the major/premier league for each country. Lower leagues can be very susceptible. I also stay away from ANY games at all in Greece, Turkey, Middle East and some Asian countries.
    top leagues in europe are more scripted than lower leagues are fixed...

chinaski
    chinaski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

Turkey, Italy, Germany, Greece, Russia, Finland
    i personally stay away from the teams which they have nothing to lose (already relegated or having financial issues) (for example Zaragoza and Ankaragucu) and the teams they have no goal
    and i dont bet on domestic cup matches since some games surprisingly go extra time