shark2434
    shark2434's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Newbie seeking help (English football)

Hey all, this is my first post, before I'm ready to lose money on betting, I would like to be clear on how many football leagues are there in England, coz I'm abit confused, here are the leagues that I know so far,

Premier League
    Championship League
    League 1
    League 2

then there's Blue-square north/south
    and northern/southern premier league

So my question is are there a total of 8 leagues? And if the last two lines count as 4 leagues, how competitive are they compared to league 1 or 2. Sorry for my English ... thanks alot guys...

The Jenx
    The Jenx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 397

English football is divided into 2 main sections. League and what we call non-league. League football is totally professional and consists of the leagues you list in your post. Non -league football is largely amateur (although there are a number of professional teams). The non-league teams are in a league system something akin to a pyramid system with the Blue Square sponsored premiership being at the pinnacle, the lower leagues act as feeder leagues into the top tier, and usually (subject to certain criteria) the top team in the Bl Sq premier is promoted into the football league proper into the lowest division.... being division 2. Promotion and relegation occurs annually between the football leagues with the top 3 teams in division 2 (3rd promoted team is playoff winner) promoted to division 1 and so on.
    The league teams, especially the premier league will often have attendances in excess of 50,000, wheras the non-league teams often only have a few 100 people watching. There are actually a lot more than 8 leagues in total, you are quite right there are only 4 "league" teams but non-league there are many more. But due to lack of professional teams and therefore interest in these lower leagues you will be hard pressed to find odds offered on the matches in leagues lower than the bl sq North/south.
    Hope that helps.
    Jenx.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Quote Originally Posted by shark2434 View Post
    Hey all, this is my first post, before I'm ready to lose money on betting, I would like to be clear on how many football leagues are there in England, coz I'm abit confused, here are the leagues that I know so far,
    Being ready for that is Step 1. I'm not being facetious, just saying...this is a mental and emotional workout, to say the least. If you can't calmly ride up the rickety incline on the coaster, you aren't ready for the impending drop...

Just a thought, amigo.
    Last edited by Bluedragon; 12-30-11 at 01:15 AM.

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    The pinker they get, the more they resemble p-u-s-s-y.

gilank
    gilank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Premier League
    Championship League
    League 1
    League 2

then there's Blue-square north/south
    and northern/southern premier league

So my question is are there a total of 8 leagues? And if the last two lines count as 4 leagues, how competitive are they compared to league 1 or 2. Sorry for my English ... thanks alot guys...

if u never bet...dont bet..bro
    gamble destroy my life

montan
    montan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 71

If you realy want to get into this, bet only:
    Premier League and Championship,
    Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga,
    Primera División,
    Eredivisie and Eerste Divisie,
    Eliteserien.
    Eng and Ger are top leagues to start with. They have big odds, especialy Ger and you can bet favorite and over 2.5 goals mostly.
    Spain league is good to bet over 2.5 goals mostly.
    Holland and Norway are definitely know for over 3.5 goals, lots of goals on these leagues.
    Start only with Eng and Ger which is quite recomended (i only bet these leagues most of the time) bet no more then 5 total.
    After you get some experience, bet one or two games from each league i`ve mentioned(or chose your own) and no more then 10 total.
    Use Pinnaclesports, 5Dimes and Betfair to place your bets they are safe.
    Pinnacle have bigger odds then other and is good for straight bets.
    5Dimes is good for parlay bets.
    Betfair is an exchange and dynamic site. On an exchange site we bet against each other and betfair takes a small amount of the winner winnings. I only use betfair, is faster easier and simpler.

that's it...

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

why would you want to play on lower divisions in England?

shark2434

wow, thanks a bunch guys, question solved, all this just had to do with when I saw the word "Premier" ,and I was like hmmm....I guess I would just stick back the major 4 leagues to bet on

shark2434

I'm already a bit ruined =] after a number of small bets that I had won, i made a big bet on Chelsea recently, and I guess you know what happened, I've learned my lesson not just to bet blindly on low odds anymore........

Wordsworth
    Update your status
    Wordsworth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

I'm already a bit ruined =] after a number of small bets that I had won, i made a big bet on Chelsea recently, and I guess you know what happened, I've learned my lesson not just to bet blindly on low odds anymore........
    Kokk-teases like volatile Chelsea make juice evaporate. Keep an eye at the pay out, but an even bigger on the risk. And listen to guys in here and study their picks, made my payouts more consistent (When disregarding Boxing day ). Some are great punters while a few others are fade material or air betters. Good Luck

Edit: It changed my slang word for the male reproductive organ to Rooster