pureskiller
    pureskiller's Avatar Become A Pro!

Newbie about correlated bets

Hello everyone

Am new arounf here, have some doubts about soccer betting with bookies....its regarding multiples or accumulators or parlays. I say multiples since in fact we will be multipling the odds.

It seems that some bookies MAY accept a bet in multiple format (1st X 2nd) for 1st half and 2nd half in a soccer game such as (example):

"Back 1-0 / 1st half" x "Back 3-1 / 2nd half, final score"

Of course one can use Betfair (example) and make the individual bets, but they will be single and won't give the payout of a multiple.

If anyone could give me some insights about it - this is not a correlated multiple, but rather a semi-correlated one - and if is a possible bet, what bookies you think might accept...... or any other thoughts...there are other types of semi-correlated I could be interested in as well....

Any help is very much welcome. Perhaps some that have an account in Bwin or Bet365 (examples) could check if such type of bet is a true option.

Thank you in advance. Good work to all. Pskiller

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

No bookmaker would accept such a bet.
    The degree of correlation is just too high.

Some bookmakers will offer you odds on 1-0 at HT and 3-1 at FT but these will, of course, be lower/less than the cumulative odds for both single bets.

Bet 365 is a good example.

You might find some bets at books where the degree of correlation is enough to give you a slight edge but you are going to have to do your own homework. Nobody is going to reveal their 'secret' on a public forum.
    Last edited by FourLengthsClear; 12-09-11 at 06:38 AM.
    Points Awarded:

pureskiller gave FourLengthsClear 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

pureskiller
    pureskiller's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thank you for your reply. Gave 2 points (out of my 6) but don't have a clue about it....good luck with them