jones24
    jones24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 252

Is this a trap? Asian handicap doesn't tally with main bet.

I have seen this a couple of times already. For the main bet for team A the home team to win is at 1.8 draw at 3.2 and away at 4.6. The numbers are not important just that team A is the favored team to win. Then we look at the asian handicap odds of -0.5 for team A which turns out to be higher than team B's which means that team B Is favored to either win or draw instead of A.

I have noticed this inconsistency on the just concluded parlemo vs siena match.

The main bet is pal at 1.8 draw at 3.6, siena at 4.6

Yet under the asian handicap odds Pal at -0.5 is at 1.975 while siena at +0.5 is lower at 1.925.

As you all know -0.5 is the same as winning the match therefore why this inconsistency here? Why would the odds under the asian handicap be higher for pal thus favoring siena instead while the main bet favors pal?

Is this some sort of trap or are the odds of the asian handicap telling a diff story from the main bet?

The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

which book are you using? because ML and -0.5 should be similar odds which they obviously arent... this could be for two reasons.. either

1) there was heavy betting on Siena +0.5 which resulted in a line change towards Siena's favour..

or 2) the bookie's accounting team is doing a horrible job keeping track of different lines for the same game...

jones24
    jones24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 252

I'm using bet365 which is one of the better bookmakers around here. I'm sure they wouldn't do such a screwed up job.

Yes perhaps a lot of ppl were betting on siena +0.5 but then again would the main odds change in accordance with siena +0.5?

I have already noticed this a couple of times where -0.5 which is the same as the team winning the match differs from the main bet. Like the palermo match winning at 1.8 vs siena winning at 4.6 it's such a big diff. Yet over at the asian handicap both sides started out at 1.9 with the small changes to 1.975 for pal and 1.925 for siena due to heavy bets on siena but still how could the odds start out so close over at the asian handicap?

Anyway the match ended in a draw 3-3 with pal being lucky i guess being awarded 2 penalties. I think siena was the more skilful team on the pitch and yet pal was the favored team to win.

It's odds like these that make me think the asian handicaps tell a clue and that either pal didn't want to score on purpose or the bookmaker ppl were aware of something in both teams that ordinary punters wouldn't know.

The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

These games are seriously rigged so lines will be distorted for sure

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Going by the way this game turned out, def heavy money going on Siena. Looks like the game went to script...

arsenal11
    arsenal11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
    These games are seriously rigged so lines will be distorted for sure
    thats for sure especially italian games.

Ignasio
    Ignasio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

---
    Last edited by Ignasio; 12-14-11 at 04:55 AM.