latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is the soccer forum dying?

Last year I remember there was more people.

JOHON, Sanka, Decado, Mihai, Beeps of them I see just the last one more often, the first ones just not as active as before.

Seen less discussions around.

BigBurk
    BigBurk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5461

Maybe it seems soccer is not as profitable as other sports?

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

it seems to me that soccer was easier to cap before..now its almost unpredictable..thats why I moved away from it

NFL
    NHL

Glada Tartan
    Swedish brännboll-expert ;D
    Glada Tartan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree... its less "crowded" here...

OGUCCI-SBR
    Bizness
    OGUCCI-SBR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 557

It's soccer/football that's been slowly, slowly dying.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think some are less active, but there are still guys who post here regularly. I still love the soccer forum because it's still mostly free of the BS of the other forums where guys are concerned about looking like big shots instead of just winning. That's what I have always liked about this forum.

Sanka
    Sanka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2468

Can't speak for the others, but for me it's mostly lack of time. Have been watching a lot less games than last year and hardly any time to do proper research. Not much sense in betting and certainly not in giving advice if you don't have the info.

Still chime in every now and then though

EasyPicks
    EasyPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

the soccer forum is dying slowly and I can't understand why....
    bookies (at least European books, like Bet365, willhill, bwin)are breaking records (on bets, revenues, costumers) on all sports (soccer = football included)....
    I can't find a decent heavily traffic soccer forum....it's just weird!

One thing that pops to my mind is that this site was (and still is) partly made for and from an american audience; and with the cuts on gambling there things got to hard to bet let alone have the trouble to post......

beeps220
    beeps220's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

With my new job it's been tough to study games. But just looking at on the weekends not as many people on during the games as there used to be.

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OGUCCI-SBR View Post
    why do you believe this?

OGUCCI-SBR
    Bizness

Quote Originally Posted by allin1 View Post
    why do you believe this?
    I don't wanna believe it and ''dying'' probably isn't the appropriate word but football's been definitely going in the wrong direction lately. And I'm referring to club football.

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't wanna believe it and ''dying'' probably isn't the appropriate word but football's been definitely going in the wrong direction lately. And I'm referring to club football.
    Do you have any specific leagues in mind? And why do you think it's going in the wrong direction?

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Maybe it was better with all in one forum instead of the specific league forums included?

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats

Quote Originally Posted by BigBurk View Post
    Maybe it seems soccer is not as profitable as other sports?
    I don't think so! I think u can have a decent profit here, and every guy in here that has been a long time can see all the profit some guys made of soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I think some are less active, but there are still guys who post here regularly. I still love the soccer forum because it's still mostly free of the BS of the other forums where guys are concerned about looking like big shots instead of just winning. That's what I have always liked about this forum.
    Agree is the most reasonable forum, here everybor try to give his opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    Maybe it was better with all in one forum instead of the specific league forums included?
    Hm it is also kind of strange, there are some threads I can see in the subforum, but not here.

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4449

World cup is every 4 years , that is long. Should be every 2 years

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment
    TheAntFather's Avatar Become A Pro!

I lose my a** off in soccer.

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment

I'm American so I don't know how to cap soccer very well. I'm looking for someone to follow in soccer, but I don't see a thread I can follow regularly. Meaning, I see some cappers post picks 1 day, and then take 3 days off. I followed Mihai for awhile, but I don't see her posting picks anymore.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i check the soccer section all the time and bet on random soccer matches but i don't really know what i'm doing. i wish the soccer area was more popular.

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats

Quote Originally Posted by sportfan View Post
    World cup is every 4 years , that is long. Should be every 2 years
    Not possible u have also Copa America, Eurocup (next year in summer), WC qualifiers, then World Cup.

Then u have all the big leagues, the Champions League, Europa Legue, soon the World Cup of Clubs.

In fact if there's a sport that has always something all the time, that would be soccer.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

this is the best sport in the world hands down. The posters on the soccer forum are always trying to help each other. This is the best part of SBR in my opinion. The people here are always trying to lend a hand. Books are sharper than ever on the soccer lines. It makes it hard to make a profit. They adjust totals and put big juice on big named squads. They force us to lay 2.5-3.5 goals on the best teams. It is not easy to predict when Man U, Barcelona, or Madrid is going to curb stomp their opponents. Then you have the Argentinian, French, Italian, and Russian leagues, where they flop all the time and a few of these leagues have corruption. It is very hard to predict the outcomes in the Champions league matches, and lately the books are just too sharp for me. I usually do well betting on soccer, but lately the books have sharpened up quite a bit. I wish I could play live betting, but since I am in the US, all i can do is hope for a decent HT line.

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment

I think the cappers on the soccer forum need to make a "Play of the day" thread. They do this for every other sport on SBR like college basketball and hockey. It's quite successful.

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment

Also, who would be a hot soccer capper to tail as of right now?

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I assure you that is not true when the 2010 World Cup and 2011 Champions League final recorded record TV viewing, and the Bundesliga attendances are up year-on-year etc.

EasyPicks

500€ MILLIONS ON TICKETS REVENUE BEFORE THE START OF THE SEASON IN BUNDESLIGA.....no sir, soccer is not dying at all!
    50K average attendance in every single match at the BUNDESLIGA....fkk it.....amazing!
    Real x Barça war heating up in Spain, 10 days to the game and sports newspapers are sold out everysingle day, stadiums.....

ONLY problem, morons like PSG, CHELSEA and M.CITY owners that burn money and destroy the equity of an entire league!!! But portuguese clubs can't complain, they sell a bunch load of players every year to those petro soccer dollars
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: allin1, and svenodds

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    ^^ thinned out the audience for no good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAntFather View Post
    I think the cappers on the soccer forum need to make a "Play of the day" thread. They do this for every other sport on SBR like college basketball and hockey. It's quite successful.
    Second that suggestion. But it needs to be a pay to play thing as it is too much work for one person to grade and keep track of everyone's picks daily with soccer. Too many leagues to cover.

OGUCCI-SBR
    Bizness

Wasn't referring to the attendance or the interest. Actually was but in a different way.
    Hah, well you gave a hilarious example - CL Final and the World CUP. Of course those two will be watched, but as I said I'm talking about club football not EURO or WC. As to CL, that's the problem - all they wanna see is Chelsea, Barcelona, Man United, Real Madrid. Go check what they are showing and what are the most watched games on a matchday, is it a battle between two good teams for the 2nd place or Barcelona vs Milan who already have both guaranteed their playoff spots. The interest is only among those 6-10 clubs, no matter if it's a friendly or a Railway cup. All the best players are concentrated around few of the richest clubs in the world and everyone's comfortable with it. They should actually make a tournament between the TOP 8 richest clubs in Europe and play it every 3 months so the retards could get max enough of it. Real Barca, Barca Real, Real Mu, Milan Barca, Barca Milan, City United Real Chelsea. As the interest in other clubs (actually the rest of the world aside the TOP8) is decreasing, the fixes and the dirty stuff is growing. And I've watched like every team, every league in the world I know what I'm talkin about.
    And seriously, Chelsea ? It's 2011 not 2006. Check their squad and purchases and compare it to Real, City etc

Exactly.

EasyPicks

Were u from GUCCI?

OGUCCI-SBR
    Bizness

Latvia.

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4449

Quote Originally Posted by latinrus View Post
    Not possible u have also Copa America, Eurocup (next year in summer), WC qualifiers, then World Cup.

Then u have all the big leagues, the Champions League, Europa Legue, soon the World Cup of Clubs.

In fact if there's a sport that has always something all the time, that would be soccer.
    There are leagues games everywhere everyday of course but WC is where the money is at . Eurocup would be second , CL is good but not alot into it yet .I live in the US though

EasyPicks

Latvia.
    Oh ok....maybe thing are different there, but in Portugal (even though we are almost broke - as a country) football stadium attendances are breaking records; FC PORTO spend 100€ millions this year, SL BENFICA and SPORTING spend another hundred mill, breaking all kind of budget records....and to top it all the championship is the fiercest of all in the past 15 years!
    And now to the business part of this: BWIN, BET-AT-HOME, BETCLICK, BET365, INTERWETTEN, SPORTINGBET, DHOZE, and probably another 4 or 5 that I'm not remembering are advertising like there's no tomorrow in Portugal (because they found a loop haul in our gambling laws) - and we are a small country, only 10 MIL. (3.5M over 65 years - so probably not the main target for online gambling).....

You are right saying that everyone like to see big names (football stars), big teams facing each other, but it's less and less (10 years ago was more). In my opinion ppl are more acquainted than ever with the small/unknown teams that play in the champs and Europa liga (eg: APOEL, BATE, GENK, PLZEN, etc etc)

....so I'm a little septic regarding the way u see things about the direction that football is heading!

justin81
    justin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6209

P.O.D is a good idea, but the thing with soccer is that the thread would be useful on the weekends, cuz during the week there might not be too many games that are available for everybody in their bookmaker. However, somebody might give it a shot and see how it turns out.