Mike Hazard
    Mike Hazard's Avatar Become A Pro!

Backing Rennes at Lyon

Both teams are battling for european cups, while also participating in those this year. Lyon was an annual powerhouse till this season, but has significantly dropped in performances and results. Rennes are also suffering from a dry spell atm, losing in both french and european cups.

Lyon are picked as favorites by -0.75 margin, which I believe is too much. Here's why.

1. While their best player Bastos and Lisandro are finally back from injuries, they are still not in the game shape and will be on the bench. With upcoming and crucial match in the Champions League on Tuesday (vs Ajax), there's no need for them to press. M'Vila won't play full match either if he does play at all, due to recent injury while playing for national team. Rennes is healthy.

2. Neither team is in a good form, struggling to score. I expect a low scoring match (as are the books). They are just one point apart at the table, scoring and allowing at basically the same rate.

I suggest taking Rennes +0.75 (at around) -100 tonight. I believe this match has a fair chance of finishing in a draw, while small chance of Lyon winning by more than one.

GL

Puda
    Puda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

nice win