Phillth
    Phillth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

As much as i hate to say this...

I think Ronaldo is the best player in the world right now. I really despise the man but this guy seems to be able to score at will.

BigBurk
    BigBurk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5461

Agree. Hate him also but yeah, he is.

OperatorX
    OperatorX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 447

Better than messi?

Phillth

Quote Originally Posted by OperatorX View Post
    Better than messi?
    yes. slightly.

Puda
    Puda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by Phillth View Post
    I think Ronaldo is the best player in the world right now. I really despise the man but this guy seems to be able to score at will.
    i didn't know scoring was the prerequisite for best player..... the man is a massive ball hog.. takes shots from anywhere.... penalty bully...

oh Bosnia D isn't great... like alot of the average teams in Spain.

+ he's been a loser on the international team for quite a while , like messi.

Phillth

the whole point of sports is to score more points than your opponent. if a player on a certain team assists in scoring or single handedly scores more points than everyone else in the world then he is be best player. being a ball hog is irrelevant. taking many shot is irrelevant. he is the best right now.

EasyPicks
    EasyPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

his (RONALDO) massive strength and speed make him a truly exceptional player.

It's unfair to compare both, they are two special players that after they retire we won't see anytime soon, but they have different ways of making the difference on pitch.

Messi sometimes seems to write a symphony, passing for all those defenders and netting the ball.....

Ronaldo it's a show of explosive strength and ball control, a show capable of firing up a stadium (just like yesterday when he scored his second goal)

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

all I know is that it's good for soccer as a global game to have 2 crazy talented individuals "compete" (in the fans minds) for such a prize - best player in the world... really draws alot of attention to the game in particular in North America...

Watch more of Ronaldo though so i'm probably more biased to his big games... don't watch alot of Real though, not that it matters when they are romping through the league week after week... laughable mostly...

mbcoutinho
    Update your status
    mbcoutinho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Neymar >>> all

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mbcoutinho View Post
    Neymar >>> all
    WTF????

As long as he'll stay in Brazil he will not even close to show if he deserved to be in the group of the best!

SlowNsteady
    SlowNsteady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Messi a more complete player imo.

BigBurk
    BigBurk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5461

Neymar? A child movie star right? Get the **** outta here with that sissy.

gti175
    gti175's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1509

When did ronaldo all of a sudden become the best player? What has he done? Just because he's scoring more than usual doesnt make him better than Messi. When Ronaldo carries a team to victory, and contributes on all levels then you can compare. Sure Messi is having a rougher time on his National side, but it also has to do with the rotating door the coaches have had for the argentine team the last 4 years. Messi carried them yesturday in that 2half in coloumbia, and with aguero and sosa there seems to be more chemisty.

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a strange one. I'll give you an example: Luka Modric - few goals, few assists, that's what most people see when they look at basic stats. Why though were Chelsea willing to pay 40Million for him? Because in reality he created 76 goal-scoring opportunities last season (not his fault that they weren't converted)...Also statistics say that he was the 3rd best player in England at passing and interceptions last season. Some people remember only goals and assists, others are overwhelmed by technique and occasional brilliance. I think there has to be a balance between all but in the end it still can remain subjective.

I don't know what are the exact statistics on Messi and Ronaldo but I wouldn't be surprised if Ronaldo has the best ones. In the end Sir Alex Ferguson will say that Ronaldo is better, while Pele or others will say that Messi is the best.

I don't like either of them I wouldn't trade Gareth Bale for Messi or Ronaldo even though he is not worth even half as much as them.

Puda
    Puda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

order of importance for ronaldo...... HIMSELF ---- then team........ every major international tourney his sucked.. bad...