jones24
    jones24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 252

A question i have on asian handicap odds and FT result odds.

I'm betting on this match. Johnstones Paint Trophy tourney

Brentford vs bournemouth.

Firstly the asian handicap given for this match is brentford -0.5 at 2.05 and bournemouth +0.5 at 1.8. This means that brentford is perceived to be slightly stronger than bournemouth but not that strong. From the asian handicap of +0.5 at 1.8 it seems that the odds favor bournemouth to at least draw with brentford. Brentford's handicap of -0.5 means that they need to win the match but since it's higher at 2.05 they don't see that as much as a draw.

Now i'm going to talk about the FT odds given for this match. If i recall correctly brentford was given like i think 1.75 draw was at 3.0 and bournemouth to win around 4.5.

This is one thing that i'm curious about. Looking back at the asian handicap given to bournemouth at +0.5 at 1.8 odds for this to win bournemouth just needs to draw with brentford. Therefore shouldn't the odds for draw for the FT result of this match be almost equal to bournemouth winning?

Therefore shouldn't the odds for FT result be brentford 1.75 draw 3.0 bournemouth to win also at 3.0?

PickApprentice
    PickApprentice's Avatar Become A Pro!

This means that brentford is perceived to be slightly stronger than bournemouth but not that strong

I don't think this statement is necessarily true!