jones24
    jones24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 252

Booker gives team odds different from reports about them?

This is in regards to the mainz vs sttugart match that ended a while ago on german league.

Firstly if you bother to research up on both teams you'll find that mainz statistics show that it's quite a crappy team. It's ranked number 15th while stu is 6th. Mainz lost almost all their home games. They had 9 straight losses. They have a few key players injured. On top of that they have either lost to or drawn with teams that stu beat. Therefore technically this looks like an easy victory for stu.

Yet on the bookmaker's end they give lower odds to mainz to win and so on which means that mainz is the favored team to win. Asian handicap for mainz at 0 is 1.8 while for stu it's at 2.1.

I saw this occur with the tottenham vs rubin match and enquired and found out that their manager and a few key players were not going to play and thus explained the odds in rubin's favor.

Back to the stu game. Why did the odds favor mainz despite all that i have listed above? Have i missed out on something that the bookmakers know that i don't?

PS i'm a relatively new punter that bets on small amounts. I make most of my bets based on the tips given in other forums. I don't have much experience in analyzing matches but i do read match reviews and look up stats which are straightforward like if team A and B are going for a match and B lost to team C while team A beat team C this would mean that team A is stronger than B that type of reasoning.

Wiesnak
    Update your status
    Wiesnak's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jones24 View Post
    This is in regards to the mainz vs sttugart match that ended a while ago on german league. Firstly if you bother to research up on both teams you'll find that mainz statistics show that it's quite a crappy team. It's ranked number 15th while stu is 6th. Mainz lost almost all their home games. They had 9 straight losses. They have a few key players injured. On top of that they have either lost to or drawn with teams that stu beat. Therefore technically this looks like an easy victory for stu. Yet on the bookmaker's end they give lower odds to mainz to win and so on which means that mainz is the favored team to win. Asian handicap for mainz at 0 is 1.8 while for stu it's at 2.1. I saw this occur with the tottenham vs rubin match and enquired and found out that their manager and a few key players were not going to play and thus explained the odds in rubin's favor. Back to the stu game. Why did the odds favor mainz despite all that i have listed above? Have i missed out on something that the bookmakers know that i don't? PS i'm a relatively new punter that bets on small amounts. I make most of my bets based on the tips given in other forums. I don't have much experience in analyzing matches but i do read match reviews and look up stats which are straightforward like if team A and B are going for a match and B lost to team C while team A beat team C this would mean that team A is stronger than B that type of reasoning.

soccer is a script so books know the outcome of most games before kick-off while most people think they r watching real football..

jones24
    jones24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 252

If that is true then there's a way to sort of exploit it but i don't really think so but i wish it were really so with all matches.