Tuesday 1st November Champions League.

I got a four teamer going on tonight;

Arsenal/Marseille Over 3.5
    Dortmund/Olympiakos Over 2.5
    Chelsea ML
    Barcelona ML

£10 to win £78.80

Reasons for this:
    1) Arsenal/Marseille: Arenal are a great attacking force, they have been for many years. We saw that their best defence is offence on the weekend in their win AWAY at Chelsea. But now they are HOME against Marseille. Arsenal haven't been beaten by foreign opposition at the Emirates or Highbury for years. So see them play a more fluid attacking game with the morale they gained from the weekend. I see Arsenal scoring 3-4 goals themselves. But one thing about Arsenal is, they have a very leaky defence. It's hard for them to keep a clean sheet due to their zonal marking and high line defending, they also switch off at key times. So Marseille with their attacking talent in Lucho Gonzalez amongst others probably will be able to get 2-3 goals themselves.

Final Result Arsenal 4-2 Marseille

2)Dortmund/Olmpiakos: I have to admit, I only know about these teams because I am an Arsenal fan and they are in the same group. Otherwise I would stay away from this game. But Dortmund need the win to stand any chance of Qualification. They have been horrendous this season both home and away in the Champions League, they concede an average of 2.1 goals a game and that isn't good. However with attacking players like Mario Goetze, Sven Bender and Robert Lewandowski, they definatly have the ability to score. Olympiakos have a big 0 as their goal difference as they have scored 4 and conceded 4 in three games, that means their is an average of 2.9 goals in their games. This shows us they have the ability to score but they will concede and unless they get thefirst goal very early on then it will be an intimating atmosphere in Dortmund.

Final Result Dortmund 3-1 Olympiakos

3)Chelsea ML: They have come off a horrendous defeat at home against Arsenal. They thought they had the game won, tied, then lost in the final minutes to a wonderful Robin Van Persie. Now they are away in the Champions League against Genk. They beat Genk at home 5-0 and I can see a similar result here. Chelsea will want to bounce back and have always been a great team in the group stages. Also depending on if Leverkusen beat Valencia tonight a Chelsea win will see them through to the Knockout Rounds. They will want this win, Didier Drogba will most likely be back because his suspension doesn't count in the Champions League and with players like Juan Mata, Ramires, Miereles and Daniel Sturridge on form. I can see them being too strong for Genk.

Final Result: Genk 0-3 Chelsea

4) Barcelona ML: Barcelona, they're an attacking force. They are efficient and deadly. When they play away games in Europe they tend to try and keep as much possesion as possible (Not much different from any other game but...) this is different possesion, they try and keep it away from the home side, because they try and avoid upsets. They know they can strike any time and that is why they tend to win away games 1-0, or 2-0 and I can see this result happening tonight. Barcelona are coming into this game after a 5-0 win at home. Obviously going to the Czech Rep. tonight will be different, cold and the pitch will be smaller. But I can't see past a Barcelona win they just have too much talent and experience to get a job done.

Final Result Plzen 0-2 Barcelona

Ok guys, this is my first time trying do write ups and I think I did ok. But please I welcome advice and criticism, so pleae if you find something feel welcome to post up your thoughts etc.

Other than that Best of Luck tonight.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I agree with your picks, with the exception of Dortmund. I always find that ignoring a teams bad form ends up biting me on the ass. I think Dortmund is just not playing well right now so I can't bet on them.

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

...but he is on the total.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

yeah he is counting on dortmund to get 3 though!

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Expecting 4 goals between Arsenal and Marseille when the first game finish 1-0 and RvP was rested?!?!?

Either way I had a shocking last night with Arsenal ML, Chelsea -1 and Milan -1