decado
    decado's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Anyone interested in CL/EL Contest on SBR?

Since fantasy CL seems to have hit off on SBR well, I was thinking further:

Is anyone interested in an SBR contest regarding Champions League and Europa League?

I see many contests running on SBR, but no one about football.

I want to start a weekly contest. Whenever CL&EL is coming, a contest for these three days (tue-thu) will be released and everyone can take part.

The only problem is, football in SBR contests cannot be limited to CL/EL, so all football matches for those three days will be shown. I will have to make a separate ranking, because some people will most likely include non CL/EL games.

Lastly, some rules needs to be set. I was thinking, the prizes should be split depending on how many people take part. as for minimum of bets. There are 16 CL and 24 EL games, that's 40 games. Including overs and spreads, there will be over 100 picks to be chosen from. I think the minimum is set 25 and maximum of picks at 30. The more, the merrier. The final ranking should be listed by units.

Prizes needs to be paid through entry fees. Thats why I think an entry fee of 10-15 points should be reasonable. I have no idea if non-PRO members can spend more than 2 points at once. I'll ask SBR about that later.

Now i want to know from you, would you take part? What things should be considered? Are 25 picks not enough? Is a fee of 15 points fee too much? Pitch me your suggestions and ideas.

If it goes well, I might start the contest on Sunday or Monday.
    Now let's talk about that!

The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

count me in

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

yes, we need this.

DHB
    DHB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 867

sounds good, count me in.

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will be in of course if the non pros can enter!

decado

Quote Originally Posted by latinrus View Post
    Will be in of course if the non pros can enter!
    Yeah, non pro users can enter as well. no problem.

It will be a free contest, that everyone can enter. But the prizes will be only paid to participants who paid 15 points before the games start (for example: 1st place entered free, 2nd place paid 15 then 2nd place gets the 1st place points). I will publish the contest as soon SBR releases CL/EL lines.

beeps220
    beeps220's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

The only thing I'd say against a contest is we usually discuss the games a lot more when there isn't a contest. I remember the Copa America contest, which I liked accept the fact I finished dead last , was there wasn't any good discussions amongst us about the games.

decado

Quote Originally Posted by beeps220 View Post
    The only thing I'd say against a contest is we usually discuss the games a lot more when there isn't a contest. I remember the Copa America contest, which I liked accept the fact I finished dead last , was there wasn't any good discussions amongst us about the games.
    copa matches were usually late for us europeans and if i recall right it happened all more or less during summer break. i had honestly no clue about the teams back then and picked based on luck

i'm only trying to achieve a fun contest (with a little prize on top for those who want to win prizes). but everyone can still take part for free - just to have a good time or to see how good you are amongst us..

i am pretty sure discussions won't stop just because there is a contest. CL is far too popular for that.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!
    cogiditopapa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9965

I am in...and agree with whatever you guys decide, entry fees, number of picks etc...
    Last edited by cogiditopapa; 10-16-11 at 12:59 AM.

SiMON2g
    SiMON2g's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 855

I am in.

manutd19
    manutd19's Avatar Become A Pro!

Am in. Lets do this but am not a pro member