Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

France all the way baby!!
    By one goal

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Brazil can stink and beat any other team on the planet.
    This is more or less the 2nd best 'gimme' other than the Italy/Ukraine game.

Baphomet
    Baphomet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brasil all the way baby!!
    By two goals

Brasil can beat any team except for Germany, you'll see.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Brazil wins easily 2-0

McBa1n
    Update your status

This is the 2nd to last 'gimme' you'll get in this cup.
    Pound it for profit....
    You will get a chance to get paid off against the portugal/england matchup against who they play and that's it. They both have 0 chance of getting to the finals (and I'm saying that blindly - I don't even know who they COULD play).

Edit: for clarity:
    England or Portugal is doomed to lose in the semis....
    That's the point I was trying to make.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

35 minutes into game. Brazil not showing anything, again..

France should be able to eliminate them.

McBa1n
    Update your status

France has definitly played better in the 1st half.
    I don't think Brazil will wake up unless France bangs one home.

ali_g
    ali_g's Avatar Become A Pro!

Your right my friend but there running out of time with 20 minutes left and still no sign of any hope for the brasileros... i just like to know were is ronaldihno??? i havent seen him play this whole tournament yet

totobernal
    totobernal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brazil is out!!!! it's time to go HOME!

ali_g

yea we know so what... what let me guess now your a france fan???

Quote Originally Posted by totobernal
    Brazil is out!!!! it's time to go HOME!

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Great result!

The rule holds. European countries win the Cup in Europe (except for '58).

McBa1n
    Update your status

Unbelieveable... Bad management by Brazil. That team is MUCH better with Robinho/Adriano up front. Ronaldo played fairly well, but his 2 flops were a disgrace... He had a great chance to shoot his first flop. Ronaldinho was a world cup bust this time around... He reminds me of Christian Ronaldo in that he has some nice moves and makes some good plays to keep the ball - but then does nothing after that. Ronaldinho doesn't flop much, if at all, though... And damn he's tough to knock off the ball.

Zidane clearly was the best player on the field all day, and he did the right things... He didn't try too hard or force anything, he just did it... I think Ronaldinho snapped under the pressure, because he really was worthless the entire cup.

totobernal

Quote Originally Posted by ali_g
    yea we know so what... what let me guess now your a france fan???
    no, just don't like brazil at all

ali_g

Mmmm wonder why! well which of the last 4 teams you riding with there??? Batty Boy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by totobernal
    no, just don't like brazil at all

totobernal

ITALY!!!! all the way
    all my life my 2 teams have been argentina and italy

ali_g

i agree with you 100 percent mate! seems like ronaldihno didnt even show up at all to the world cup.... who knows could of been the fact that they had to much talent and we know for experience what happens when you have to much talent all around (real madrid) i dont know McBa1n how this world cup is going to end up like, but im sure most of us wanted to see a brasil vs. germany matchup! with france or portugal in the finals, its going to seem like a easy victory for the winner of germany/ italy game

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n
    Unbelieveable... Bad management by Brazil. That team is MUCH better with Robinho/Adriano up front. Ronaldo played fairly well, but his 2 flops were a disgrace... He had a great chance to shoot his first flop. Ronaldinho was a world cup bust this time around... He reminds me of Christian Ronaldo in that he has some nice moves and makes some good plays to keep the ball - but then does nothing after that. Ronaldinho doesn't flop much, if at all, though... And damn he's tough to knock off the ball.

Zidane clearly was the best player on the field all day, and he did the right things... He didn't try too hard or force anything, he just did it... I think Ronaldinho snapped under the pressure, because he really was worthless the entire cup.

McBa1n
    Update your status

Yeah, Germany/Italy really is the 'finals'
    Heck if I know who will win...
    I really want Germany to win, because well... I always do.
    But I wouldn't cry if it were Italy in the finals. I secretly was hoping for an Italy/Brazil final - that would be a sick matchup. I think Italy would probably win that game due to their offensive tactics and brilliant D. Buffon is a stud in net, also... Definitly the best keeper still in the tournament.

I don't see Portugal or France having any prayer in the finals... France has been superior the past 2 games, though, so who knows.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

You wanna talk about a major upset. I wonder just how much the books cleaned up on this.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

France no chance? Food for thought.

Zidane retired from the national team. No WC for him. He was done. And so was France. The glory days were over. They had been good, but everything must end. Nothing worse than a legendary player who doesn't know when to stop.

Then Zidane had a powerful dream in which someone told him to play for France at the World Cup. He didn't want to say who, but the dream was convincing enough for him to change his mind. I remember reading about this at the time, and sort of half hoping that it wasn't JC. It wasn't. Zidane later revealed it was his brother who had come to him in the dream. His dead brother...

Strong 'medicine' or not, the fact remains that nobody considered France to be among the favorites, let alone beat Brazil with Zidane at the controls as in his best days. I have no idea what the extent of the dream was, but I do know that, sometimes, dreams do come true.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 07-02-06 at 09:24 AM.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

So much for the favorites...
    I gotta tell you, I was very happy to see Brazil lose this game, theyve become a marketing frenzy much more than a brilliant soccer team, kind of like Real Madrid.
    Anyway, good for France, theyve stepped up their game when it really counts!!
    Ill be rooting for the winner of the France-Portugal matchup in the final... thats for sure!!