McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

World Cup Quarters Notes

For Ukraine:
    Voronin is out for the rest of the cup (tear in thigh muscle).

For Brazil:
    Lucio (right thigh), Emerson (right knee), Kaka (right knee) and Robinho (right thigh) are all getting treatment for injuries.
    Brazil projects Lucio, Emerson and Kaka to be probable for Saturday and were 'hoping' Robinho would be ready - so he's probably questionable.

Germany:
    Ballack (swollen angle), Klose (tendinitis in foot) both were held out of training Wednesday as a precaution and are both probable and likely to start.

Italy:
    Nesta (groin) is out, at least according to him, unless Italy advances.
    Marco Materazzi is out due to a red card.

England:
    Neville is likely going to start after being out the last 2 games.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Portugal is going for almost +300 (!), against an English squad that has sucked in every match; at least, for as long as I could keep my eyes open during their games. May have to go halfway between Portugal SU and Portugal advancing to next round.

McBa1n
    Update your status

I've been down on Portugal the entire cup. I thought none of their wins had any punch to them, aside from them beating Holland. They flat out out-played them - and then it got ugly.

Portugal has a couple key players out with Reds. Plus that line is pumped by English fans... They've had bad lines the whole way, but havn't lost, yet. I can see a lot of value in Portugal - but I don't know if they can create enough chances to win.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with you in that Portugal will have a good line but I dont think they will advance. Count me in with the English fans that are pumping the line!!

McBa1n
    Update your status

CHRIST!
    As of early Sat morning US EST - the england/portugal lines are RIDICULOUS.
    While I slightly favor England, that line is BRUTAL (-160 to advance - +124 to win in regulation).
    I still think Portugal is +EV to win in regulation... +300?
    That's a wicked price.
    I sure as hell won't bite - but if I had more belief in that team, I'd definitly value bet them. Hehe - I don't value bet, though. I bet to win, regardless of line.:P